• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Heysoos

Jesus Christ. After reading about the Destiny expansion and seeing that the Xbox One version got less content for the same price, I really am glad Microsoft support was awesome enough to give me a refund. Fuck Bungie. For real though, did they ever mention that future DLC had exclusive content for PS systems? I mean I knew PS4/3 had exclusive strike and stuff on launch, but fuck paying the same price for less content.

Titanfall Season Pass Dropped to $6.25 wast't it $8 before, gotta get dat player base up.

Yea I know it's just $6.25 now but that's $6.25 I could put towards another game that I'll actually play. I especially feel this way after playing a match the other night and being killed by a flying kick even though I unloaded half of a clip in the guys face beforehand. I died, he didn't. That was the final nail in the coffin. Fuck Titanfall!

derFeef

They need to get rid of the multiple versions, webstore and Xbox One store, it's confusing and takes up too much place.
Select Game > then select Game version.

0F4guip.png

I asked for a refund.

I'm German, I live in Germany and buy games from the US store. I didn't have any problems with the German support. The MS guy couldn't find my purchase so I explained that I bought it from the US store. They issued a refund for the Digital Guardian Edition because a partial refund for the Expansion Pass wasn't possible.

No problems on my end.

Oh okay, I will give it another shot then, it's the one game I do not want to touch anymore.

Just go onto xbox customer support chat on web site.
When BF4 came out and was broken I asked for a refund on my premium as I didn't feel it was worth it, they revoked my premium access and refunded me. I was more than happy with that.

derFeef

How and why? I think about getting Alien Isolation refunded... I'm too much of a pussy :(

Destiny - lack of content, no fun (literally only played this for about 2 hours).
The Evil Within - pc version now has options to remove black bars, performance issues.

no other questions asked, took 5 minutes.

I don't like Alien much also, but the PC version is the same so I am just going to leave it...

Skele7on

Banned
Destiny - lack of content, no fun (literally only played this for about 2 hours).
The Evil Within - pc version now has options to remove black bars, performance issues.

no other questions asked, took 5 minutes.

Just a warning, you can only refund a couple of titles a year.

Also if you take the piss they'll put you on a watch list that could lead to you getting banned.

There was a thread all about these shenanigans a long time ago.

Also getting a refund on games is a shitty thing to do IMO.

Especially when you've probably played them to completion...

But hey, that's my opinion and you're entitled to do whatever you want.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah I really want Zoo Tycoon refunded but I am too much of a wuss to ask and I did buy it last christmas!
KuGsj.gif

derFeef

Just a warning, you can only refund a couple of titles a year.

Also if you take the piss they'll put you on a watch list that could lead to you getting banned.

There was a thread all about these shenanigans a long time ago.

Also getting a refund on games is a shitty thing to do IMO.

Especially when you've probably played them to completion...

But hey, that's my opinion and you're entitled to do whatever you want.

I know, it's an exception and the first time I did this. I will not do this again so soon and just be more careful with my purchases (and not preoder much again).

BUT I don't see any difference with selling/trading in games. I take it you like destiny so maybe you take it a bit personal. Also I am not a total ass - you can go look at my profile and see how much I played those games.

Bobnob

it's not quite the same, fair enough.
I feel like getting attacked here....
Nowt wrong in getting a refund especially if your not enjoying the item you bought.

Also BF4 is a totally different game since the recent update (unplayable for me) but i cant get a refund because i've had it since launch. It works both ways imo.

Skele7on

Banned
I know, it's an exception and the first time I did this. I will not do this again so soon and just be more careful with my purchases (and not preoder much again).

BUT I don't see any difference with selling/trading in games. I take it you like destiny so maybe you take it a bit personal. Also I am not a total ass - you can go look at my profile and see how much I played those games.

not attacking you it was just a simple warning as someone did end up getting banned.

Yeah I like destiny (but fuck off, with that oh you took it personally, I'm a big boy, I can handle people not enjoying a game I do enjoy.)

It was more the listing off of getting refunds or possibly getting items refunded and then a lot of other people thinking "Hey that's a good idea," that annoyed me a little.

I have a lot of friends that work within the industry, and if you think the second hand market is killing the industry, then people just getting straight up refunded for a game they "didn't like" is ridiculous.

not attacking you it was just a simple warning as someone did end up getting banned.

Yeah I like destiny (but fuck off, with that oh you took it personally, I'm a big boy, I can handle people not enjoying a game I do enjoy.)

It was more the listing off of getting refunds or possibly getting items refunded and then a lot of other people thinking "Hey that's a good idea," that annoyed me a little.

I have a lot of friends that work within the industry, and if you think the second hand market is killing the industry, then people just getting straight up refunded for a game they "didn't like" is ridiculous.

I'm a Gold subscriber for 6 years. In that time I've bought digital content for a few thousand dollars on Xbox Live. In all that time I've asked for a refund once. I wasn't aware that the PlayStation version of the Destiny expansion would feature substantial exclusive content so I asked for a refund. They couldn't offer a partial refund for the pass included in the Digital Guardian Edition so they offered a complete refund.

If people want to take advantage of the good will of Microsoft by asking for refunds over and over again then let them do so. However these people shouldn't whine when they have to face the consequences.

I didn't want to set a new thread, so thought I would ask here...

My brother is buying an Xbox One. Can he simply access my games by adding my gamertag to his console (and play on his gamertag?)

Or do I need to switch his to my home console?

Alx

Yes if he wants to play your games with his gamertag, you need to setup his console as your home console.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm a Gold subscriber for 6 years. In that time I've bought digital content for a few thousand dollars on Xbox Live. In all that time I've asked for a refund once. I wasn't aware that the PlayStation version of the Destiny expansion would feature substantial exclusive content so I asked for a refund. They couldn't offer a partial refund for the pass included in the Digital Guardian Edition so they offered a complete refund.

If people want to take advantage of the good will of Microsoft by asking for refunds over and over again then let them do so. However these people shouldn't whine when they have to face the consequences.

See you get it. I have no problems with people asking for a refund if a product is

A) Battlefield levels of broken
B) Content is locked away

If someone simply wants a refund as they "don't like it, then that's when I think that it shouldn't be possible.

tuna_love

Banned
See you get it. I have no problems with people asking for a refund if a product is

If someone simply wants a refund as they "don't like it, then that's when I think that it shouldn't be possible.
Why? You can get a refund on a lot of things if you don't like it

Z_Y

Titanfall Season Pass Dropped to $6.25 wast't it $8 before, gotta get dat player base up.

Man...this is some happy horse shit right here. I just bought the season pass yesterday afternoon for $8.75. Didn't even get to play because the maps were downloading.

I've never seen anything like that happen before...a price cut during a sale?

derFeef

Not sure what the difference is here in my case. I am not going to post my whole support chat log just to show you that I am not taking advantage of recent events.
Support had told me if it's not possible, but they said "in that case we can offer you a refund".

theDeeDubs

Lego Batman 2 is similar, the first one isn't.

I really started enjoying Marvel more once it moved to the open world. That and I really enjoyed all the character unlocks, and it looks like Batman will definitely have that covered. I forgot that it seems the LEGO games have had demos so maybe this one will too.

Fox Mulder

Man...this is some happy horse shit right here. I just bought the season pass yesterday afternoon for $8.75. Didn't even get to play because the maps were downloading.

I've never seen anything like that happen before...a price cut during a sale?

might have been a price error. I saw that shitty RBI baseball game was $5 for a bit before it went to $10 on sale.

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the purchase of the MCC digitally. If I buy it on the X1 I get 15 dollars in rewards points correct? And it will preload the 20GB patch along with the game right now?

eastx

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the purchase of the MCC digitally. If I buy it on the X1 I get 15 dollars in rewards points correct? And it will preload the 20GB patch along with the game right now?

The patch is not available yet (even for reviewers), but your system will preload it once it becomes available.

Bsigg12

So that $15 dollars in rewards points is only for getting the physical edition from the Microsoft Store. For digital purchases, it's buy 3 games at $59.99 or more and get $20. Kind of lame that they aren't offering the store deal for the digital version.

As for the patch, the box will download it as soon as it's available if you have your box set to instant on and you have the digital version preloaded. Though, I am still expecting them to announce a way to download the update early for those getting a physical copy because 20GB on launch day is just ridiculous.

The patch is not available yet (even for reviewers), but your system will preload it once it becomes available.

So that $15 dollars in rewards points is only for getting the physical edition from the Microsoft Store. For digital purchases, it's buy 3 games at $59.99 or more and get $20. Kind of lame that they aren't offering the store deal for the digital version.

As for the patch, the box will download it as soon as it's available if you have your box set to instant on and you have the digital version preloaded. Though, I am still expecting them to announce a way to download the update early for those getting a physical copy because 20GB on launch day is just ridiculous.

Alright guys. I think I'm going to take the leap and buy it digitally, mostly because I already bought the $50 gift card. Really hope the patch gets preload, otherwise this was a big waste of money

Top Bottom