• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

The Wolf Among Us | 4.95 GB | $24.99

Wolf Among Us came out last night, but reviews embargo until 1PM est, so our review will be up then. It's from the standpoint of someone who never played it on 360 though, so might not be as useful to those who have :p.

Has anyone done the free digital upgrade for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare? I Purchased the 360 version and i'm still waiting for the xbox one version to say free..

zorbsie

Banjo, can I ask about performance of Wolf Among Us? I played the first episode on 360 and for whatever reason I experienced terrible pausing throughout the game. I'm assuming that is all cleared up in the X1 version. Pretty much the only thing keeping me from picking this up, I just want to make sure it will run properly. Probably a silly concern, but want to clear it up before I take the plunge. On a side note, what is your site? I can't find you linking to it anywhere.

Banjo, can I ask about performance of Wolf Among Us? I played the first episode on 360 and for whatever reason I experienced terrible pausing throughout the game. I'm assuming that is all cleared up in the X1 version. Pretty much the only thing keeping me from picking this up, I just want to make sure it will run properly. Probably a silly concern, but want to clear it up before I take the plunge. On a side note, what is your site? I can't find you linking to it anywhere.

Hey bud!

Bad news...

Our reviewers says there is some lip synch issues at times, at that the framrate stutter/skip, while not as bad as 360, is still present :/

Here is the review/impressions, and the site :)

http://www.xboxgamer.me/wolf-among-us-review/

I find it incredibly strange that developers don't announce release dates in advance. They've said before it's because of certification and when it gets done they basically just get released but if that's the case then why don't they announce that the game is going into what they believe is final certification and say it's coming soon?

Very strange all round, really.

PurePool is out next week btw, someone who did announce a release date!

I find it incredibly strange that developers don't announce release dates in advance. They've said before it's because of certification and when it gets done they basically just get released but if that's the case then why don't they announce that the game is going into what they believe is final certification and say it's coming soon?

Very strange all round, really.

PurePool is out next week btw, someone who did announce a release date!

Yep and Magic 2015 is published by Microsoft Studios, so even more odd that they wouldn't want to advertise it a bit... same thing happened with D4 from them.

Good stuff on Pure Pool though!

Ade

Any word on Pinball Arcade? Their last (and now finished) Kickstarter acts like its already out on the XB1

zorbsie

Hey bud!

Bad news...

Our reviewers says there is some lip synch issues at times, at that the framrate stutter/skip, while not as bad as 360, is still present :/

Here is the review/impressions, and the site :)

http://www.xboxgamer.me/wolf-among-us-review/

Thanks for that dude. The screen grabs look really sharp, and I loved episode 1 on the 360. But I think I'll wait for a price drop considering the performance hiccups. Very through write up. Site bookmarked.

Magic 2015 plus the expansion is $15.

There's also seven card packs at $5 each or $25 for the bundle. But all cards can be collected in game, right? So the value of the packs is for competitive players?

Thanks for that dude. The screen grabs look really sharp, and I loved episode 1 on the 360. But I think I'll wait for a price drop considering the performance hiccups. Very through write up. Site bookmarked.

Thanks for the kind words :).

Ya, our reviewer enjoyed it even despite the performance issues. He said the game looks a lot better than on 360, for obvious reasons :p. Shame they couldn't totally solve the performance aspects though, although they seem a lot less intrusive. Might be a game you wait on a sale for.

Magic 2015 plus the expansion is $15.

There's also seven card packs at $5 each or $25 for the bundle. But all cards can be collected in game, right? So the value of the packs is for competitive players?

Yep! Cross posting this from my post in the Magic thread. Based on the language in the below quote, it looks like all cards can be gained now through regular gameplay means...perhaps the packs just offer instant access if you don't feel like "grinding" for them and want them right away.

The new DLC is also available today for $4.99, it's called Garruk's Revenge:

Garruk's Revenge puts the fate of Garruk Wildspeaker, the deadliest hunter in the Multiverse, in players' hands. With four new Campaign levels and an expanded Explore level, players take on the role of Garruk, using his deck to battle their way through challenging foes. With every victory, Garruk's deck strengthens, becoming more and more corrupt.

The Expansion features a collection of fan-favorite cards from the Shards of Alara block, which players unlock to later modify their own deck creations as they hunt their prey across the planes of the Multiverse.

Along with the release of Garruk's Revenge, all cards available to players in the original Magic 2015 campaign, Hunt Bigger Game, and the Expansion are now entirely earnable through gameplay.

Garruk's Revenge is available today on Xbox One, PC via Steam, Apple iPad, Android via Google Play, and Amazon Marketplace for $4.99, with Xbox 360 to follow.

Additionally, the previous DLC The Hunt Bigger Game Campaign is available on Xbox One, for $9.99.

LNBL

Will be able to play on my console again in December when i fly back home. I still got $120 in currency from that Gamestop coupon thing a while back, which 2 games would you download? Have not played anything since 1st of September.

Will be able to play on my console again in December when i fly back home. I still got $120 in currency from that Gamestop coupon thing a while back, which 2 games would you download? Have not played anything since 1st of September.

Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC.

Screw everything else.

If you really hate Halo, then get Forza or FC4 or Dragon Age

PurePool 14th
Terraria next week too
Never Alone 18th
Pier Solar HD 21st
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions 26th

Everythings coming up Charla!

Terraria and Geo Wars arent ID games but never mind

Salty Hippo

I can't take it anymore guys, I need to talk about that Banjo leak. We should make a thread. Let's make a thread. Threads are good.

I can't take it anymore guys, I need to talk about that Banjo leak. We should make a thread. Let's make a thread. Threads are good.

We made an agreement! To keep that information within the sacred walls of the download thread!

Do not betray Kampfheld, the only decent person Xbox owners have with information around here!!

You can't break the Xbro code...

Salty Hippo

We made an agreement! To keep that information within the sacred walls of the download thread!

Do not betray Kampfheld, the only decent person Xbox owners have with information around here!!

You can't break the Xbro code...

But it's eating me alive, man. How do I channel this feeling? I can't wait another 7 or 8 months. It's just not possible. I NEED TO TELL SOMEONE! LET ME OUTTA HERE!

of course there is, it's a Telltale Games title. Everything they make runs like shit on anything.

Ya, still a bit disappointing though, since I personally am a huge fan of The Walking Dead Seasons...if only they could get the performance aspects to match everything else, I would have little complaints.

Top Bottom