• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

malfcn

Mobile not letting me sign in..
Fuck it, SmartGlass works and lets me pin it.

Oddly, the SmartGlass app sometimes keeps me signed in. And other times it doesn't.

Bsigg12

Sweet. Pulling it down now.

Also, they really need to have a "Games with Gold" category in the store, for both the console and Smartglass.

They do if you have the beta Smartglass app.

lZjSkbb.jpg
On the Xbox One, they have a tile on the hone screen that says Exclusive Titanfall deals currently which is the Get More With Gold tile that shows what's currently available for GwG and other things.

What are the checkpoints in Volgarr and how to activate them? I reach a flag (and a statue) in world 1 which I thought was the checkpoint, but if I die after it the game still resets me to the begining.

What are the checkpoints in Volgarr and how to activate them? I reach a flag (and a statue) in world 1 which I thought was the checkpoint, but if I die after it the game still resets me to the begining.

Its supposed to be hard. You don't get a checkpoint until you get to the whole next area and when you restart you lose them all as far as I can tell.

Its hard, and I'm terrible at it, but it looks like a good challenge

Special C

Did you beat the boss? I did and it told me I could skip levels I've already beaten by moving left at the start of the game. I tried that but it didn't work, there is a wall at the start of the Lizard level.

Rubikant

Did you beat the boss? I did and it told me I could skip levels I've already beaten by moving left at the start of the game. I tried that but it didn't work, there is a wall at the start of the Lizard level.

You have to jump up into the hole in the wall at the start of the Lizard level. Don't move right at all though, if you even touch right (maybe to grab that shield?) the hole seals up behind you.

Volgarr is really good. I'm terrible at it and generally not into this retro craze, but this game speaks to me for some reason.

My one gripe is that the use of rumble is terrible. There's an option to disable it, but the game won't remember, so you have to reset it each time you play. #firstworldproblems

Special C

Its not bad. You just gave to be patient with trial and error. Don't try to do the same thing every time. Eventually you try something that works flawless every time. Spear is very useful.

Special C

It's one of those games where practice makes perfect. As much as I enjoy classic platformers something about the game rubs me the wrong way.
My friend hates its because of the jump controls. I can see his point. Retro isn't always better. Spelunky and Rogue Legacy are retro enough but still put you in more control of your jumping. It just "feels" better. Still love the game though

VinFTW

Really not sure if this is the right place to post this but with the MCC coming out next week I'm getting kind of desperate to fix this issue:

I have one Ethernet port in my dorm room and when I try to "split it" via wireless router or by plugging Ethernet cords into my router and splitting between my desktop PC and my Xbox One, my internet goes to complete shit.

I'm talking broken.

Here's my setup basically:

- Ethernet from wall (how I get internet) --> Computer = works fucking great. Internet is fast as hell, no problems.
- Ethernet from wall (how I get internet) --> Xbox One = works fucking great. Internet is fast as hell, no problems.
- Ethernet from wall (how I get internet) --> Wireless router --> Ethernet cord from wireless router to desktop --> Xbox One connected via wireless signal from wireless router = can't use Skype or play multiplayer at all. Maybe I can browse NeoGaf without problems but Skype, online MP, etc is a no go.

Even when I connect my Xbox One and my Computer through the router via WIRED solution each, it still sucks. I mean.. is it the router? It's a Belkin. Could be shit.

Are there ANY solutions? I mean I can stream HBOgo, Netflix, play MP flawlessly when only one device is hooked up, how is it possible I can't even have 2 things going at once without it completely being fucked?

Any help is much appreciated. Being able to use both at the same time would be amazing.

Bsigg12

Really not sure if this is the right place to post this but with the MCC coming out next week I'm getting kind of desperate to fix this issue:

I have one Ethernet port in my dorm room and when I try to "split it" via wireless router or by plugging Ethernet cords into my router and splitting between my desktop PC and my Xbox One, my internet goes to complete shit.

I'm talking broken.

- Ethernet from wall (how I get internet) --> Computer = works fucking great. Internet is fast as hell, no problems.
- Ethernet from wall (how I get internet) --> Xbox One = works fucking great. Internet is fast as hell, no problems.
- Ethernet from wall (how I get internet) --> Wireless router --> Ethernet cord from wireless router to desktop --> Xbox One connected via wireless signal from wireless router = can't use Skype or play multiplayer at all. Maybe I can browse NeoGaf without problems but Skype, online MP, etc is a no go.

Even when I connect my Xbox One and my Computer through the router via WIRED solution each, it still sucks. I mean.. is it the router? It's a Belkin. Could be shit.

Are there ANY solutions? I mean I can stream HBOgo, Netflix, play MP flawlessly when only one device is hooked up, how is it possible I can't even have 2 things going at once without it completely being fucked?

Any help is much appreciated. Being able to use both at the same time would be amazing.

2 things, have you asked your school's IT team how they recommend setting up a wireless router on their network and is there anybody you can borrow another router from and try setting it up to see if it's your router?

Montresor

I'm talking broken.

I don't see how it could be anything but the router. Has the router ever worked properly before at your dorm, or at another location?

VinFTW

2 things, have you asked your school's IT team how they recommend setting up a wireless router on their network and is there anybody you can borrow another router from and try setting it up to see if it's your router?

My school's IT team is a nightmare, especially when you bother them about gaming related issues. If I tried talking to them I have to put in a ticket, which could take at least a week just to get a response, let alone figuring out an issue. I'll try anyways and see what they say but I probably won't get a response. I don't even know how you would describe it: Hey, internets great except when I have two devices plugged in. I mean, Chaos Squad people were literally running around 1 frame of animation at a time teleporting around (it's THAT bad).

As per your second suggestion there's really nobody that would be willing to let me try it, let alone has one. Most of the people I used to know with routers graduated last year. Mostly everybody just plugs in from the wall.

I don't see how it could be anything but the router. Has the router ever worked properly before at your dorm, or at another location?
Bought it when I was up at school, never really worked.

Before the router I was hard-wired from the wall into my desktop and was connected to someone elses wifi on my Xbox One (worked fucking great). It must be the router, honestly.

I remember back in the day I used to use (what I thought was a router) a big blue box that just had like 16 Ethernet ports. That's it. Like a splitter if you will. Would that be a better option?

Bsigg12

My school's IT team is a nightmare, especially when you bother them about gaming related issues. If I tried talking to them I have to put in a ticket, which could take at least a week just to get a response, let alone figuring out an issue. I'll try anyways and see what they say but I probably won't get a response. I don't even know how you would describe it: Hey, internets great except when I have two devices plugged in. I mean, Chaos Squad people were literally running around 1 frame of animation at a time teleporting around (it's THAT bad).

As per your second suggestion there's really nobody that would be willing to let me try it, let alone has one. Most of the people I used to know with routers graduated last year. Mostly everybody just plugs in from the wall.

Bought it when I was up at school, never really worked.

Before the router I was hard-wired from the wall into my desktop and was connected to someone elses wifi on my Xbox One (worked fucking great). It must be the router, honestly.

I remember back in the day I used to use (what I thought was a router) a big blue box that just had like 16 Ethernet ports. That's it. Like a splitter if you will. Would that be a better option?

I'm guessing there are some ports you need to open for their system to run properly on your router. That's how it was when I was at CU.

eastx

Why do you want to hurt us? 😊

Aww, I know you don't like Another World but it was a lot of fun. Beat the whole thing and got all Achievements during the stream, whoo. We had a terrific crowd, too. I never knew how fun Twitch streaming for an audience would be till I tried it.

derFeef

They really translated
"Volgarr the Viking" to "Volgarr die Wickinger"

Which translates to "Volgarr the Vikings" plural...

why.

ekim

They really translated
"Volgarr the Viking" to "Volgarr die Wickinger"

Which translates to "Volgarr the Vikings" plural...

why.

I wondered the same. lazy translation job ... which is no surprise. Fortunately the Sunset Overdrive German dub is fantastic.

I have just noticed something odd with my Halo MCC pre load. It seems to have downloaded the game twice. Both different file sizes, but both seem big enough to be the full game.

Anyone else had this happen? It is also still listed in my download queue

derFeef

I have just noticed something odd with my Halo MCC pre load. It seems to have downloaded the game twice. Both different file sizes, but both seem big enough to be the full game.

Anyone else had this happen? It is also still listed in my download queue

Probably the day1 content update. Should be around 20Gb.

theDeeDubs

Murdered: Soul Suspect is showing up for $25 (50% off ) for Deals with Gold. Not sure if it's the only one for the week or not.

Thief is $20 as well. Not really a bad price on either game, I guess, but there's just too much new stuff right now for me to bite.

I want Pier Solar so badly, I wanted it to be out with the Sony platform release so that I could play and finish it leisurely through October and not have it interfere with my inevitable TMCC love affair. WM games has seemingly gone dark on the release since mid October and has since announced the Wii U release date (11-6). What the heck, I just want an oldschool jRPG to cozy up to for 30+ hours :'(

Certainly sounds fun. What were the other ID@Xbox games there, if you remember?

Here's the PAX Aus ID@Xbox lineup.

Aztez – Team Colorblind

Fenix Rage – Reverb Triple XP & Green Lava Games

Gunscape – Blowfish Studios

Hyper Light Drifter – Heart Machine

Knight Squad – Chainsawesome Games

Lifeless Planet – Stage 2 Studios

Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime – Asteroid Base

Never Alone – E-Line Media & Upper One Games

No Time To Explain – tinyBuild Games

Siegecraft Commander – Blowfish Studios

SlashDash – Nevernaut Games

Spectra – Gateway Interactive

Threes! – Hidden Variable & Sirvo

Unmechanical Advanced Edition – Grip Digital

Volgarr the Viking – Crazy Viking Studios

Chariot – Frima Studio

Screencheat – Surprise Attack Games & Samurai Punk

Overruled – Team 17

The Escapists – Team 17

Rembrandt

Banned
Kickstarter game NEVERMIND was successfully funded(it was clooooose). It's the game that uses biofeedback to ramp up the scary. It will be coming to Xbox One and use the Kinect to read your heart rate.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reynoldsphobia/nevermind-biofeedback-horror-game/posts

Yes! So glad it got funded; it's something I've been wanting to see since they first announced the heartrate monitor in the Kinect. If MS is smart, they would put some money/backing into it like they did with FRU.

jond76

Banned
Yes! So glad it got funded; it's something I've been wanting to see since they first announced the heartrate monitor in the Kinect. If MS is smart, they would put some money/backing into it like they did with FRU.

They have good things to say about their ID@xbox experience, so hopefully.

Top Bottom