• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't any direction. Just don't accept them, they clog up your mission list. You can just check the terminal every hour or whatever and see which ones you have the stuff for and complete them immediately.

If the item is from a monster just go to blade barracks and UAE tickets to buy them

If its not just Google the quest name. This helped me alot. Though risky

The quest giver usually tells you if you ask them a second time. Sometimes the game forgets to let you know, which is dumb.

I know its in the guide at least:

I am a big fan of Lailah, Amdusias, and Urban (Kamikaze) Overdrives. Kamikaze, though not mentioned, deals damage to the frame as well but the increase in damage dealt is very large.

Lailah can chain Overdrives. I don't know if any other frame can do it without Augments. (Other than Inferno, but I don't like its stats.)

If you want a ranged Skell, Mastema has the best overdrive to that end.

Not directly, no. I did find that some NPCs talk about collectibles and give better hints.

Thanks everyone. Was finding it weird how I was being told to find things and not even being given so much as a clue on where to find them, which is all I really need. Just some kind of hint. Will do some serious questing tomorrow after work then now that I know this.

Riki

Im about to deck my entire crew out in survival gear. Were gonna look the same

I really like Elmas design and base armor though.

Lol @ how diving bodywear with the craziest underboob has more defense than her base clothes. Lol
A nod to the original where I spent half the game in the Oil armor.
Being naked was great for defense.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Whats fashion gear? Im just at the armory getting some new clothes and stuff since i havent really upgraded anything besides my weapons.

When you are equipping item, press X and pick change fashion gear.

Basically it allows you to equip gears for appearance and keep the stats from the actual gear that you have equipped.

JCX

It would put you at the nearest landmark anyway. Saves are also landmark based. If you find yourself traveling more than a segment you probably want to search for landmarks closer to where you want to go.

That's not true. If you save anywhere that isn't a landmark, then load the save, you'll be exactly in the spot you saved in. Most RPGs let you load anywhere, including Xenoblade, so it's a pretty dumb omission.

Ferrio

Banned
Wait can you use items in combat? I got a healing item from the division rewards, but I don't remember ever having the ability to use items in battle.

When you are equipping item, press X and pick change fashion gear.

Basically it allows you to equip gears for appearance and keep the stats from the actual gear that you have equipped.

Oh whaaaat! Thats awesome! I had no idea you could do that.

Is there a fast travel available that takes you inside NLA? Or is the one thats 2 hexagons away from the east gate the closest one?

aravuus

uh guys, I went to the link in the OT title and well...

post-18170-Leonardo-Dicaprio-raising-glas-Glmc.gif

buying wii u and this game ASAP

Have fun! I'd never recommend anyone buy a console for one game, it's frankly pretty stupid - but I did it myself and I'm kinda okay with it. I expect to sometimes fire up Smash Bros and then never boot up the Wii U again, don't even give a fuck. XBX was awesome.

Ozium

Are they fucking kidding with the lvl50 skell prices? :( i can only afford a Light one... Wanted at least Medium, if not Heavy. Bah.

do you just buy them or do you craft them?

when are they available to buy and where?

Im level 46 or something and I want to prepare

eRonin

Finally got my Skell last night. 7 out of 8 of the exams were pretty easy. You all know which one I struggled with.

kyInIAd.jpg

But oh man going around planting probes in previously hard to reach spots feels great.

I think I still can't get to this one though =(

GyRmAB3.jpg

rhandino

Banned
Is there a fast travel available that takes you inside NLA? Or is the one thats 2 hexagons away from the east gate the closest one?
In the gamepad:

- Press the Map Icon
- It shows the five continets + the 6 District of NLA.
- Press the District you want to go.
- Press the Sector.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Oh whaaaat! Thats awesome! I had no idea you could do that.

On your map click the top left corner map icon. On the right side, it will have NLA districts. Pick one of them then click on a hex that has the fast travel icon (orange).

BY2K

Membero Americo
Speaking of names, what do you name your Skells?
Mine is named RabbitRUN for obvious [unoriginal] reasons as a Verus frame.

I named mine Vma3 (MK1), which is the username of my SO. I thought it'd be cheesy and maybe a little creepy, but she absolutely loves it.

Holiday season, working, social shit to do... and yet all I can think about is playing more of this game! I'm very tempted to take a day off from work so I can have some time to
mindlessly do quests and explore this amazing planet like I did the previous 30 hours
-- get my skell.

This gaaaaaaaame.

18sfVGc.jpg

Hnnnnngggh, Noctilum is my favorite continent (and I haven't even discovered the "rest" of that place). The day music reminds me of an unused Sting/Peter Gabriel experimental track. So good.

Any GAF folks playing focused on multyplayer/playing in the same squad? NNID is Jockystar

Shun

Yeah I did. The implication is still there that
the guy must've had noppon sex with her considering he was gullible enough to think the baby could've been his

No the gag is that she is just bullshitting everyone and would go as far as seriously faking her own pregnancy to leave her man.

Protip: if you unlock a heart to heart with a character, you'll need to dismiss said character and meet them at the specified location during the specified time period to activate it. Then, I think, they'll return to their normal recruit spot.

It's weird.
Does anyone else have the New LA day and night music cycling in their head all the time? Or is that just me?

Yes. So much yes.

I don't like the song at all, but it's so catchy and it suits NLA nighttimes so well. We have a love/hate relationship.
Luv ya <3

Is there any guide out there for item quests?

There's a google doc in the OP here (spoiler warning) that's basically a content database, listing everything in the game to help you find it. It has arts, items, enemies, etc. Very useful.

You don't necessarily have to go to a BLADE camp to change the weather. If you have a Skell, just keep exiting it and using the Return to Skell option in the party menu. That's another option to take.

Rodin

Did the celestial three subquest and many other green ones. Yeah, fetch quests my ass. Subquests plots are almost always WAY more than they look at first, they explore different themes and they're often linked to the story. I'm absolutely loving them.

So do those and don't pick the blue ones people, unless you want to do something else while you're out exploring, or unless when you check the terminal you notice you already have the materials needed to complete it (that's free affinity/money/exp), and/or there is a blue quest to accept a main/affinity quest.

Also, i was in Sylvalum at night during
a "spore storm", which then turned into one of the most amazing things i've ever seen in a videogame: that freaking aurora.

This fucking game man.

hatchx

Banned
What are people's experiences like having not downloaded the DLC load packs?

This is the first game that has tipped me for extra memory for the WiiU, it has actually forced me before I can't fit the huge DLC packs onto the tiny 32GB WiiU memory. Now I'm waiting for a Y-Cable in the mail so I can use one of my pocket drives to download them.

I just don't know if I should start the game without the DLC packs. I'm kind of looking for an optimum experience for the game, but if the DLC packs are a small and negligible difference, I wouldn't mind starting now.

Any direct comparisons between DLC packs and no DLC packs?

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Did the celestial three subquest and many other green ones. Yeah, fetch quests my ass. Subquests plots are almost always WAY more than they look at first, they explore different themes and they're often linked to the story. I'm absolutely loving them.

So do those and don't pick the blue ones people, unless you want to do something else while you're out exploring, or unless when you check the terminal you notice you already have the materials needed to complete it (that's free affinity/money/exp), and/or there is a blue quest to accept a main/affinity quest.

Also, i was in Sylvalum at night during
a "spore storm", which then turned into one of the most amazing thing i've ever seen in a videogame: that freaking aurora.

This fucking game man.

Wait until it gets foggy. It was so hard to see in front of me.... then suddenly you flew.... and a giant worm monster silhoutte (when you target) is in front of you..... yea start running.

Jarmel

Banned
Can anyone explain how the Scout level stuff works? Is the cap 3? And do you get tickets when you turn the Scout back in or automatically?

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Can anyone explain how the Scout level stuff works? Is the cap 3? And do you get tickets when you turn the Scout back in or automatically?

If I remember correctly, you get reward tickets (5 or 15?) when their scout level becomes *, which is after 3. When you release them, you will be awarded 1 blade medals per scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom