• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Oh, quick question for people who have finished the game/are far into it. Are these all the races that can join? (names might be wrong but I describe too)
Prone - Tree Clan (ugly blue/purple/sometimes pale people)
Prone - Cavern Clan (seems to only be the paleish people?)
Ma-non (sueaky voices yes? Yes yes yes!)
Nopon (Tatsu is Nopon!)
Orphean (mantis people)
Future Human? (Professor B and his 1.21 jiggawatts)
Wrothian (space kitty samurais)
Those ones that are like the Volus from Mass Effect and wear suits (They also have those staffs and collect volt-something from toxic waste?)

Is it possible to beat the game with level 30 Skells or is 50 pretty much required? Just curious because I can accept the final mission now, but I'm only 46.

my understanding it's that it is doable with level 30 skells but that you really want at least 1-2 level 50s if possible. The level 60 skells only seem necessary if you're doing post-game boss fights/tough battles tbh

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
my understanding it's that it is doable with level 30 skells but that you really want at least 1-2 level 50s if possible. The level 60 skells only seem necessary if you're doing post-game boss fights/tough battles tbh

Level 60 skells are unlocked after you beat the game so unfortunately no level 60 skells for the final chapter.

The boss in
Bozé's
last affinity mission was probably one of the most frustrating boss encounters in an RPG I've played in a long time.

KarmaCow

Is it possible to beat the game with level 30 Skells or is 50 pretty much required? Just curious because I can accept the final mission now, but I'm only 46.

I don't know if it's possible to get stuck in the final areas and not be able to leave and get a new Skell if need be.

It's possible it's just that the finale
is a series of fights and if you end up losing your skells in a fight, you can't get another one from your insurance. You can't actually screw yourself over by saving in that situation AFAIK but it just becomes tedious restarting the game to get back your skells on subsequent attempts.

Pachinko

So I gotta say, finally settled in to play this tonight (after a number of problems trying to install it to an SDcard attached to a USB dongle) and is it just me or is the opening .... really.... sloooow... and..... it ...... takes ......... a ..... while....... to ...... get.... to .... the ..... point ?

In the time it took me to play through the prologue , chapter 1 and chapter 2 (essentially one giant tutorial if you ask me) my wii gamepad battery managed to die.

As much as it explains about all the cool stuff you get to do later , it seems like it skips over some essential components like - for example the battle system. It just assumes you remember how Xenoblade Chronicles worked on the wii or 3DS and doesn't tell you anything. I did eventually remember how it all worked ... sort of ... but it just felt a bit sloppy ?

Given how big this game intends to be , I'm not concerned that the first couple hours were just a bit of a slog , running around and exploring seems fun enough although I need to tweak the camera a bit more. Any other issues I have with it are superficial at best - the graphics remind me of Supermarionation and the pop in is pretty bad at points BUT , it's still a fairly impressive streaming world.

SuperMarionation-Laugh.gif

Parfait

I don't know if it's possible to get stuck in the final areas and not be able to leave and get a new Skell if need be.

It's absolutely possible to get stuck, not permanently of course, but if you blow your gear, you can't get it back until after all the bosses are dead or you just restart.

The first boss is pretty doable anyway with 30s. You can still lose your skells.

Second boss is the same as the first boss.

Third boss is a pack of mobs that can wipe out your ground team really quickly.

4th and 5th are the last bosses.

Where people, myself included, tend to actually get stuck is the third part, if they don't have their skells still, or even if they don't have the Phoenix skell weapon.

I beat the entire thing on foot because my skells exploded. That said I was pretty much running a really high damage, easy overdrive build. The absolute hardest part was the pack of mobs, which took me about 20ish tries before I just spammed AOE and stopped trying to get overdrive.

PS does anyone know a tyrant that drops cool dual guns?

-Horizon-

Seriously, its like I'm only having trouble with tyrant battles not because of the tyrant but because of the stupid aggro enemy around them that seem determined to get involved.

Bloody hell. So after about an hour of running around New LA doing heart to heart (thanks to here and here) reading up I think that to do the second one you need 2 hearts, third 3 and so on. That would explain why some were not showing up (I wonder if the hint bubbles follow the same logic), makes sense following the first game I suppose. This also means prior to chapter 9 (something that happens in chapter 9 but was foreshadowed before)
getting Lao to 5 hearts. While in a way it is the only missable content (yes quests have various options that could be counted as missable) I'm going to miss it.

Vena

Could someone outline a simple late-game Overload setup that doesn't require too much crafting, if such a thing is possible? I don't want to take the time to experiment to figure out how this works.

I figured Dual Guns have a bunch of TP generation and Longswords are pretty good, plus I have a really strong one from a quest. I bought a bunch of Overload: TP Up armor from the shop. I've got the skill that gives +duration to Overload equipped. I figure you want Violent Streak, that green Critical Power art, and then a bunch of multi-hit arts. I played around with it a bit and sometimes did hundreds of thousands of damage and sometimes a lot less. It took a while and several rotations into Overload to kill Yama the tyrant Sylooth in Noctilim. I went and tried a Time Attack against the final boss and got destroyed - the build was not very survivable. Any quick tips?

I'll try to find the post/youtube vid on Overdrive breaking. But I don't know if you can do it without key items.

Regarding Light/Medium/Heavy Skells

It seems like people advise to just go for Heavy Skells, but I've noticed that the lighter Skells have much higher evasion and that seems to be a selling point to me. Maybe it's a null point if you can jack up the evasion on the heavier models, but that's what made me go with two medium Skells, which I have boosted the evasion of even further.

The light frames have considerably higher Evasion and Potential, the latter making them better in Overdrive than their heavy counterparts. Evasion makes them harder to hit, and they consume less fuel in just doing general non-combat stuff. They are tricky to use and can break really quickly if they get aggro.

Medium is jack of all trades but have 3000 more GP total, so they can chain Overdrives by default if they have a weapon's set-up to make it work. I think Lailah is hands down better than Inferno due to the stat spread and the superior Overdrive on the Lailah.

Heavies are "easy" to use (unless Gravity is involved) because they have a ton of health and armor for direct hits. Heavies aren't as dependant on Overdrive for their damage and get a nice boost from it regardless (particularly the Amdusias, who's overdrive greatly helps with fuel issues). Amdusias and Mastema make for great, easy to use Melee and Ranged specialized Skell, either one can use the Phoenix weapon to wipe low-level enemies off the face of the earth in a single salvo and wide AoE.

In terms of frame rankings as far as I have found (excluding the Ares) it comes down to something like:

Amdusias > Mastema (unless you want to heavily specialize range, then its reverse)

Urban (all-around good damage, high evasion) / Formula (crit, evasion specialization) > Verus

Lailah (better Overdrive) > Inferno

And then if you factor in Overdrives and generally put them together I say:

Amdusias, Lailah, Urban, Formula are the better frames unless you have a very specific niche you want to build out of a frame.

Wichu

Oh, quick question for people who have finished the game/are far into it. Are these all the races that can join? (names might be wrong but I describe too)
Prone - Tree Clan (ugly blue/purple/sometimes pale people)
Prone - Cavern Clan (seems to only be the paleish people?)
Ma-non (sueaky voices yes? Yes yes yes!)
Nopon (Tatsu is Nopon!)
Orphean (mantis people)
Future Human? (Professor B and his 1.21 jiggawatts)
Wrothian (space kitty samurais)
Those ones that are like the Volus from Mass Effect and wear suits (They also have those staffs and collect volt-something from toxic waste?)

I've just finished Chapter 9, but I'm pretty sure you can get
Definians and Milsaadi (presumably?)
too. I haven't gotten them myself, but I've had squad achievements pop up for them. And you missed
Celica and Rock
who join after Chapter 8.

Guys I forgot where the prone camp is in Primordia ....... I need to fight those puges for that item (I know it's difficuly but I wanna try). Whereabouts on the map is it again? ;;

Vena

Bloody hell. So after about an hour of running around New LA doing heart to heart (thanks to here and here) reading up I think that to do the second one you need 2 hearts, third 3 and so on. That would explain why some were not showing up (I wonder if the hint bubbles follow the same logic), makes sense following the first game I suppose. This also means prior to chapter 9 (something that happens in chapter 9 but was foreshadowed before)
getting Lao to 5 hearts. While in a way it is the only missable content (yes quests have various options that could be counted as missable) I'm going to miss it.

So he does have Heart to Hearts? I never even found his to begin with.

Guys I forgot where the prone camp is in Primordia ....... I need to fight those puges for that item (I know it's difficuly but I wanna try). Whereabouts on the map is it again? ;;

Straight out east of the city by the coast.

R00bot

Can't seem to find the "Off The Record" mission. I've checked the board, and looked around the city but found nothing. Help?

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Can't seem to find the "Off The Record" mission. I've checked the board, and looked around the city but found nothing. Help?

It's in the mission board. You will have to "spam" check it until Off the Record pop out. Also ensure that you hit level 4 on one of the treasure skills.

It's possible it's just that the finale
is a series of fights and if you end up losing your skells in a fight, you can't get another one from your insurance. You can't actually screw yourself over by saving in that situation AFAIK but it just becomes tedious restarting the game to get back your skells on subsequent attempts.

It's absolutely possible to get stuck, not permanently of course, but if you blow your gear, you can't get it back until after all the bosses are dead or you just restart.

The first boss is pretty doable anyway with 30s. You can still lose your skells.

Where people, myself included, tend to actually get stuck is the third part, if they don't have their skells still, or even if they don't have the Phoenix skell weapon.

I beat the entire thing on foot because my skells exploded. That said I was pretty much running a really high damage, easy overdrive build. The absolute hardest part was the pack of mobs, which took me about 20ish tries before I just spammed AOE and stopped trying to get overdrive.

Hmm, sounds a bit annoying honestly lol. ANy good places to grind from 46 to 50 quickly?

Renewed

So he does have Heart to Hearts? I never even found his to begin with.

Straight out east of the city by the coast.
First one is at the residential district in the morning or daytime or something like that. He stares at a dog so you may have to have a dog in your barracks.

R00bot

It's in the mission board. You will have to "spam" check it until Off the Record pop out. Also ensure that you hit level 4 on one of the treasure skills.

I've been spamming it for some time with no luck. Is there some other prerequisite or is it just that unlikely to show up?

How do you beat the invincible shield on the second boss? Having struggles with that.

Does anyone have a list of the sightseeing spots in this game? Finding some of them is driving me nuts.

Also, do you need the flight module in order to get to the top of the giant ring in Oblivia or can you just platform your way to the top?

Parfait

Hmm, sounds a bit annoying honestly lol. ANy good places to grind from 46 to 50 quickly?

I went right to 60 at point 319. You teleport in on a rock surrounded by water, just run around and kill just the skells with Gbuster and other similar weapons on the rest of your party's skells. There's 3, so just smack them around and teleport again to make them appear again.

You can also go to 202 and fly up into the flower and phoenix the bugs around the level 90 Tyrant, Joker, but I don't really recommend that as joker can probably ruin your level 30 skell's life. If you have more than one phoenix and can get your dudes to hit it too though, you'll make big xp.

I've been spamming it for some time with no luck. Is there some other prerequisite or is it just that unlikely to show up?

You might have too many unfinished quests in your queue even if you're not at 20. I was having trouble getting it to pop so I abandoned a few generic quests and suddenly it appeared.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member

Keep spamming. Took me a while to get it to pop too...

I stayed around Fallshorn Isle to level to 50 fighting 4 level 48ish spiders nearby. I think there are better places to level. Check the area around the Balance Rock South East of Oblivia.

You will want to fight small enemies over level 50 with your skells.

Zomba13

I've just finished Chapter 9, but I'm pretty sure you can get
Definians and Milsaadi (presumably?)
too. I haven't gotten them myself, but I've had squad achievements pop up for them. And you missed
Celica and Rock
who join after Chapter 8

Ah right. Dunno how I forget them seeing as
I had Celica in my party at the end. don't know why though, she's as strong as a wet paper bag.

Wichu

I hope I'm not the only person thoroughly enjoying the Tyrant names.

MEGATONNE, THE HELL EXPRESS

ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN

I was about level 40 the first time I encountered it, so it died pretty much instantly :(

Im about to deck my entire crew out in survival gear. Were gonna look the same

I really like Elmas design and base armor though.

Lol @ how diving bodywear with the craziest underboob has more defense than her base clothes. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom