• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people's experiences like having not downloaded the DLC load packs?

This is the first game that has tipped me for extra memory for the WiiU, it has actually forced me before I can't fit the huge DLC packs onto the tiny 32GB WiiU memory. Now I'm waiting for a Y-Cable in the mail so I can use one of my pocket drives to download them.

I just don't know if I should start the game without the DLC packs. I'm kind of looking for an optimum experience for the game, but if the DLC packs are a small and negligible difference, I wouldn't mind starting now.

Any direct comparisons between DLC packs and no DLC packs?
I feel like the basic pack is essential. The rest are nice, but the game is totally playable without them.

The one drawback of beating the game is that you'll never get to pick how Tatsu is cooked today :(

Qpvtfub.jpg
SPOILERS! Now you've ruined it that they don't actually cook and eat him!

I quit. I'm selling Xenoblade now.

zroid

Banned

This is the first game that has tipped me for extra memory for the WiiU, it has actually forced me before I can't fit the huge DLC packs onto the tiny 32GB WiiU memory. Now I'm waiting for a Y-Cable in the mail so I can use one of my pocket drives to download them.

I just don't know if I should start the game without the DLC packs. I'm kind of looking for an optimum experience for the game, but if the DLC packs are a small and negligible difference, I wouldn't mind starting now.

I think there's a link in the OP to a direct comparison

El Odio

Banned
Spoilers for Alien Nation subquest:
If anybody thinks for a second I'm gonna let some idiot kill my Ma-non buddies they got another thing coming. I felt no shame in simply launch killing those blade soldiers around like hacksacks.

So, beat Chapter 8 (Bloody AMAZING chapter IMO, as far as atmosphere goes), and it was way on the Pushover side with my decked-out Skell...

And I have Chapter 9 unlocked already for me to play... Should I get some Greynd Time in before I touch it? I hear it's rather on the Brütal side.

I'm not using any of them right now and honestly I don't feel like it's that bad at all.

There is noticeable pop in for objects and people, especially people seem to take a while to load if you fast travel right in front of them. Very often you will see LOD models up close which are then swapped for their correct model (sometimes in 2 stages).

As far as just being able to play the game? It's actually fine with no data packs.

By the way, I don't recommend the Y cable thing. I've tried that and the Wii U external drive I tried to use is so fucked up. Errors constantly, unreliable, I'm worried I've lost some stuff permanently. Could just be the specific drive I ordered...but it's why I don't have any data packs. You really want an externally powered drive.

aravuus

I'll admit that it's probably because I have a defective sense of humor, but I chuckle at every joke Lin makes about eating Tatsu

I'm not trying to take a jab at your sense of humor or anything, but don't you at least find it a bit tiring how it gets repeated over and over and over again?

I'm not trying to take a jab at your sense of humor or anything, but don't you at least find it a bit tiring how it gets repeated over and over and over again?
I might get there, as I've only recently recruited Tatsu...but I'm personally chuckling at each joke. We'll see how I handle it a few chapters from now. It might be that they play off each other so well (voice actors) that I really enjoy it. Tatsu especially has a great, loveable voice and way of speech that makes the idea of eating him more numerous.

There is nothing I loathe more than silent protagonists. Like...they literally send me into a blood rage. But this game is somehow tolerable. I think it's because Elma is a good enough character that I just pretend she is the main protagonist, and my avatar is the creepy, quiet sidekick.

JulianImp

So I was ready to get one of the craftable weapons... went to the terminal to redeem my squad tickets for the necessary materials and got them all with only six tickets to spare.

Then I notice I bought five of the item I was supposed to buy four of, and four of the one that I needed five of. Now I'm 82 tickets short before I can buy that one item I need...

FML

Ugh wish I knew about fashion gear thing before I sold off Elmas default outfit. Now she looks whack as hell. Ah well, time to grind some levels so I can start buying some better outfits.

In the gamepad:

- Press the Map Icon
- It shows the five continets + the 6 District of NLA.
- Press the District you want to go.
- Press the Sector.

On your map click the top left corner map icon. On the right side, it will have NLA districts. Pick one of them then click on a hex that has the fast travel icon (orange).

Got it, thanks! I forgot you could look at other areas and districts even if you arent there yourself. Whoops!

Weebos

Banned
Just beat Chapter 5, that was a doozy.

I am thinking about changing divisions. I went with Pathfinder at first, but I am not feeling it. I am not sure I want to give up that HP over time bonus though, is it too good pass up?

What division are you all in?

Guys, has anyone tried the
Si-el the Vacuous side mission? I activated it and stuff and i'm where he is and he won't move. I can't even target him for some reason. He's just sorta laying there. Did my game glitch?
Tagging just in case. It's a side mission.

zroid

Banned

I am thinking about changing divisions. I went with Pathfinder at first, but I am not feeling it. I am not sure I want to give up that HP over time bonus though, is it too good pass up?

The Prospector bandwagon has plenty of room

Your Skell will thank you

BY2K

Membero Americo
My character's an asshole.

Sometimes after a fast travel, he'll leave the Skell right in the middle of the street.

For those who were asking about the follow-up to the White Gold Quest
The quest for the 4th key is called "Gold Rush", Starts in the Industrial District, Client is Adolphus, and requires Wrothian immigration

Ugh wish I knew about fashion gear thing before I sold off Elmas default outfit. Now she looks whack as hell. Ah well, time to grind some levels so I can start buying some better outfits.
Tier 3 of Sakuraba AM has an equivalent set for Elma's starter equipment, IIRC. Different colour, but similar design.
How are you guys taking bigger screenshots? Mine keep coming out like 600 x 400 or something.

If you're linking from a site like imgur, make sure you're linking the direct image for the best quality.

Home button, web browser, i.nintendo.net, choose site to upload to, log in, choose top or bottom screen

I'm just uploading it to twitter. I dunno how to take bigger screenshots.

If you're linking from a site like imgur, make sure you're linking the direct image for the best quality.

I had no idea about i.nintendo.net. I was just saving screenshots to my Screenshot Album in Miiverse but they resize them down by quite a lot.

So if I just go on the web browser while playing a game, the screenshot is automatically saved so I can just upload it to imgur or whatever? Thats neat!

Tier 3 of Sakuraba AM has an equivalent set for Elma's starter equipment, IIRC. Different colour, but similar design.

Whew thats a relief.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
My first kill is the phoenix launcher. LOL!
Sylvalum 406? Hehe yeah, I got two drops back to back and the second one was intergalactic. I never got a Phoenix drop after that. It's a pretty awesome AoE weapon and is really helpful to clear out mobs.

It says that Harriers boost melee attacks. Does the melee arts of a Skell consider as such?

Nope, that's separate.

Rodin

The best one. Interceptors.

Vena

Sylvalum 406? Hehe yeah, I got two drops back to back and the second one was intergalactic. I never got a Phoenix drop after that. It's a pretty awesome AoE weapon and is really helpful to clear out mobs.

I got the Phoenix designation, and I also got the missile launcher (hyper missile). I am farming in Cauldros, there's a bunch of Tyrant sentries.

I've heard people talk about checking lists of quests etc. to make sure they didn't miss anything, but I haven't been able to find any kind of quest checklist in the game. Anyone know if there is one?

All right guys I'm level 47 and my teammates are 46, 46, and 45 respectively. 3 of us have Skells.

I have two level 50 skells fully modded waiting in the hangar that I can't use. Killing level 50+ blatta is impossible because there's always like some nearby asshole who aggroes and is way too high level and wrecks our shit.

I just want to get to level 50 asap for at least the main three so I no longer have to worry about the level cap. Anything relatively easy to kill at this point that isn't surrounded by some high level douche? Hopefully that gives me 1000+ experience per kill?

NomadX

Neo Member
Anyone know where to get Research probes? I searched around for containers out in the field and all they give is money or sometimes a mining probe.

I had no idea about i.nintendo.net. I was just saving screenshots to my Screenshot Album in Miiverse but they resize them down by quite a lot.

So if I just go on the web browser while playing a game, the screenshot is automatically saved so I can just upload it to imgur or whatever? Thats neat!

When you choose "Upload from computer" you'll be presented with the TV and gamepad screens (just make sure you press the home button exactly when you want the screen!) You then get to choose which one to upload.. At least, for imgur.

It was a lot easier than I ever would've guessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom