• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgwhiteus

Man, I never knew probe placement and finding sightseeing spots could make such a huge difference for generating money - I was generating about 70K using a lot of research probes, but I changed that to over 200K just by rearranging some things and doing some exploring with the skell so that I could find sightseeing spots in Oblivia (you do need the flight module though).

Basically if you have one duplicator, 2-3 booster probes, and about 7-8 research probes (hopefully some level 4/5 ones you can make into a chain of 3), you can clear 150K easily from Oblivia alone.

FN Site 106 in Primordia. Kill the enemies there for fast XP.

I had 100500 after doing the exact same thing. It's difficult. You need 9 storage probes, 4 duplicator probes and 2 booster probes. None of them are too hard to get. I had most of them by just playing the game.

Also go to Oblivia spot 307. There's a small cave nearby with a chest that contains a duplicator probe. I think it's 4 mechanical, not sure.

you mean the low level 50 saltat?

JulianImp

Aha, it was the registering thing after all.

Thanks, JulianImp

You're welcome! It's a real pain to see more people are having these kind of issues when the game could just remind you that you have unset skells waiting in your hangar or something.

I kind of hated the touchy motorcycle Skell turning at first but now that I'm used to it, it's really fun to drift around collecting items.

I've been using the four-wheeled heavy skell for a while, but its steering abilities being on par with a potato's have made me wish I could still use my bunny-eared skell without having to worry about its HP hitting zero in a couple seconds if I'm not careful.

Wait, does the Binding QTE restore fuel?

How am I just figuring this out now?

I'M 90 HOURS IN!

Yup it does. It's one of the main reasons why I bind stuff sometimes lol

Even though I technically finished the game, I don't know if I'm gonna go back and do all the affinity quests I didn't do. Only really Elma and Lin are interesting enough to want to find out more about them, but I don't know if their affinity quests actually tell me interesting information or not.

JulianImp

Wait, does the Binding QTE restore fuel?

How am I just figuring this out now?

I'M 90 HOURS IN!

Because Xenoblade Chronicles X is Read the Friendly Manual: The Game.

I've learned about so many features and subsystems I didn't even know were there by pure chance or by browsing GAF that I've learned to just go with the flow and shrug whenever I notice I could've been making the game a lot more fun/varied if only I knew some features existed earlier.

Shun

All this game needs to be a true MMO is a marriage system where you can marry party members.

Now, how do I make this sucker fly. A gundam with no flight capability is no gundam at all.

Not all Gundam even fly in the series. The most iconic one can't even fly, it just drifts in space.

Because Xenoblade Chronicles X is Read the Friendly Manual: The Game.

I've learned about so many features and subsystems I didn't even know were there by pure chance or by browsing GAF that I've learned to just go with the flow and shrug whenever I notice I could've been making the game a lot more fun/varied if only I knew some features existed earlier.

lol kinda true.

Did anyone else not touch any Soul Voice settings the entire game? I took one look at that menu and was like "nah, I'm sure it'll be ok to leave these like this" lol

JulianImp

lol kinda true.

Did anyone else not touch any Soul Voice settings the entire game? I took one look at that menu and was like "nah, I'm sure it'll be ok to leave these like this" lol

The one time I noticed that menu I tweaked them so they'd be more useful in general... but I still don't know whether my teammates answering my soul voices give the bonuses to them or to both of us. If it's the former, then I'll have to go and rework it from the ground up since I've filled it with things that benefit my character's focus on ranged attacks.

All this game needs to be a true MMO is a marriage system where you can marry party members.

Not all Gundam even fly in the series. The most iconic one can't even fly, it just drifts in space.
I don't need your facts here! Gundams fly, they don't think it be like that but it do

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Haven't run into a place worse then castaway cavern. You aggro the whole place and there isn't anywhere you can deaggro. One of the worst designed places so far.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
You're welcome! It's a real pain to see more people are having these kind of issues when the game could just remind you that you have unset skells waiting in your hangar or something.

I've been using the four-wheeled heavy skell for a while, but its steering abilities being on par with a potato's have made me wish I could still use my bunny-eared skell without having to worry about its HP hitting zero in a couple seconds if I'm not careful.

Were you making sure you had high agility? When you use that with certain defensive shield arts you become very difficult to hit, even when an enemy is nearly 10 levels above you.

Vena

I wonder if Gundam is just people's blanket term for everything robot.

Nah. This outright feels like Gundam... unlike Gundam games which just look like it.

I have a Buster Cannon. I have a Phoenix Mode straight out of G Gundam. They even dropped a colony on a planet!

BY2K

Membero Americo
I love this game.

SKzYXfN.jpg

:lol, Lao walks up in the middle of an affinity fetch quest and knows exactly what's going on. Best side character? Best side character.

Ch 7 spoiler + speculation:
Too bad I'm getting serious death flags from him... :(

Not_Mario

Neo Member
The manon are my favourite alien race although I still haven't met a few.

Those insect guys are so weird. I remember the sidequest where their dying friend spawns into two new ones and my character and party members just having their jaws dropped the entire time.

El Odio

Banned
Haven't run into a place worse then castaway cavern. You aggro the whole place and there isn't anywhere you can deaggro. One of the worst designed places so far.
That's the cavern across the bridge in northern primordia right? Cause fuck that place. There's a quest that requires you to go to the farthest corner of it and it took me about 40 minutes to do so cause everything kept agroing, killing my teammates and then forcing me to retreat, respawning them all.

Depends. E-Scythe might be good for beam builds.

The Busters can force binds and do gravity damage and don't require a positional.

Really depends on your playstyle.

yeah I noticed that. I went with high defense for both of the current level 50s. I'll just go with g buster for all three since I don't trust the AI to use positional damage attacks right.

MrPanic

Nice, finally reached lv50. Is it worth getting my full party into lv50 skells or am I better off getting just one for my main character and go for better skells post-story?

Don't think I was supposed to be able to get to the two most northwestern probes in Primordia without the flight module, let alone without a mech, but I did it. :p Of course one of them had to be a level 5 mechanical though... I only got three probes left in Primordia - the level 5 one and two that require flying. I wanna start optimizing my layout but the missing probes are sitting on some key junctions!

I'm gonna be really sad when I run out of probes to plant eventually. I really like the dynamic of searching for it, spotting a beam and then figuring out how to navigate the terrain and past enemies in order to plant it. It's a really nice risk/reward system which encourages you to explore dangerous places, or really just explore in general.

Eyothrie

What's with the faint dark parallel, vertical lines I'm seeing on the screen? Anyone else see them? They're more pronounced at night

jgwhiteus

anyone know how to get Irina's 1st heart to heart? i have her 2nd one, and its been bugging me

Think it's in the industrial district, between 17:00 and 23:59, a bit SE of the West Gate landmark.

FYI, all the heart-to-heart locations and times are listed in the Google Docs spreadsheet under "Allies", though it can be a bit spoiler-ish if you haven't recruited everyone yet, and I noticed an error or two here and there (e.g. Elma's third heart-to-heart takes place in the commercial district, not the place listed in the spreadsheet).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom