• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wait... what's this lobster thing?

Remember Pidgeon hunting in GTA4? If not, well its almost identical. 100 tiny lobster toys scattered across NLA to find in occasionally obnoxious locations with no hints. Quest begins right outside the East wall of the Hangar in the bottom left district of NLA(jump a small fence following the wall of the hangar heading behind it as if you were going to circle the building; there you will see the first lobster where a cutscene commences that starts the quest, not a quest that is easy to discover naturally at all).

I randomly have discovered around 8 so far just doing other stuff, but have spent no real time looking for them yet. You will also need a flying skell to reach many of them as the quest warns. Supposedly it ends in what may be considered one of the games toughest optional boss fights too from what the strategy guide states.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What is TP btw? Also I have so many of that currency obtained through harvesting that it's nearing my max capacity, where can I spend it?

You can increase one each time your blade level goes up. I think you might also have to be past chapter 3.

Ah fuck, I upgraded Mechanical, I take it FrontierNav is Archeological?

What is TP btw? Also I have so many of that currency obtained through harvesting that it's nearing my max capacity, where can I spend it?

TP is Tension Points, you use it in battle to activate certain arts after building it up through auto attacks. You can spend miranium on armory alley by investing in the manufacturers.

All FrontierNav is mechanical, you're good!

rhandino

Banned
Do you people prefer to equip the weapons / armors droped by the enemies or you all better buy them at Armory Alley? I found that beyond some pieces with great abilities I prefer to buy my gear instead of farming for a good weapon... but I did find a pair of crazy Dual Blades for Elma =3

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Do you people prefer to equip the weapons / armors droped by the enemies or you all better buy them at Armory Alley? I found that beyond some pieces with great abilities I prefer to buy my gear instead of farming for a good weapon... but I did find a pair of crazy Dual Blades for Elma =3

I crafted the archetype sword for my level 40 set, but otherwise I usually buy. After you max out an arms manufacturer the gear is actually really really good.

Alright. Major Spoilery stuff

Finally beat ch12. Pleasantly surprised to find Elma is a xenoform. Glad I didn't search the net about this game beforehand. I knew she was special but somehow it didn't cross my mind that she was an alien. I thought she was like some super scientist or an AI in a mim.

jgwhiteus

Mechanical is the best to upgrade first, since some data probes require Mechanical Lvl. 2, 3, 4 and even 5. After I upgraded to Mech. 4, I then did Archaeological up to 3 (based on the treasure boxes I was seeing), then Biological up to 3. Arch. 4 and Bio. 4 will be my last, besides the level 5 upgrades (which I think you get through sidequests).

Finally beat ch12. Pleasantly surprised to find Elma is a xenoform. Glad I didn't search the net about this game beforehand. I knew she was special but somehow it didn't cross my mind that she was an alien. I thought she was like some super scientist or an AI in a mim.

Was kinda surprising. But the moment they explained Mims, I assumed there was gonna be some crazy shit with that. I actually thought it would have involved your own created char more, but sadly they didn't do anything with that.

rhandino

Banned
I crafted the archetype sword for my level 40 set, but otherwise I usually buy. After you max out an arms manufacturer the gear is actually really really good.
Oh really? That awesome! Since I have like a limit of 20,000 for Miranium I been giving it to the Arms Manufacturers and I have them all at Level 4 with Sakuraba about to reach Level 5.

Also LOL at the armors that the
Ma-non
produce and their "inspiration", at least they make great and stylish Shields and Guns for Lin to use =3

^
C&C
armour might look daft but that is what fashion gear is for as treasure seeker is a brilliant augment to have.

So can someone please answer this clearly? I would be super greatful.

Why are some Squad missions I'm qualified for Grey and say my squad has completely it? Open missions can also change to Grey over time.

Are missions really only one per 32 member squad?
One mission can be played per task completed so 5 during the task period at most. Not sure if global nemesis counts here since that needs BLADE medals (randomly dropped while doing squad tasks but easier to get by scouting some players and destroying something using a skell to level them up 3 times) to play.

Also not sure if you use your own party if that counts for the group.

Is the collectopedia worth all that hassle? I haven't touched the thing and I'm 44 hours in.
Last continent for a storage probe that you will need to get 100k miranium capacity (required for making a powerful postgame skell).

are Social missions too easy?

you just click on the dot on the map fast travel find the green !
They are just there to guide you to normal missions really.

TP is tension points. Some arts cost 1000 TP to use (also attack TP arts use the potential stat to work out damage, potential is also used in soul voice healing), 3000 TP to revive someone or (after chapter 5) enter overdrive.

Miranium is what you're harvesting. Use it on the right module at the armory alley fast travel point. Level up arms manufacturers to improve and expand inventory is the best thing early on. You can also spend it to make augments (think Gems in Xenoblade Chronicles), improve existing augments on gear and make new gear (but these all require appropriate materials to do). A sidequest later on unlocks adding augment slots to gear too.

FrontierNav is mechanical, you're good.

The gossip system is super great in this game.

Though I was like 30 hours in before I actually went somewhere it told me.

It points out heart-to-hearts and the Blood Lobster quest.

I found all the other quests and a heart to heart just walking around.

I haven't bought a single piece of gear yet. I don't know why, but anything that's available to craft or buy is weaker than my current gear. Maybe I need to gain levels and upgrade the armory more. I think I have four of them all at level 3.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh really? That awesome! Since I have like a limit of 20,000 for Miranium I been giving it to the Arms Manufacturers and I have them all at Level 4 with Sakuraba about to reach Level 5.

Also LOL at the armors that the
Ma-non
produce and their "inspiration", at least they make great and stylish Shields and Guns for Lin to use =3

Yea, after you max it all the gear from that company is yellow in quality. I think the scale is blue, green, yellow, orange. Or green, blue. I can't remember the early ones, but I do know that since maxing some stuff I haven't really found any drops that are better.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Okay, thanks guys!

Is there a way to max out maximum Miranium?

And I can't seem to find the three other characters once you finished Chapter 3. Kinda disappointed Tetsu isn't like Riki who is playable.

Oh and one more question, I sold many "obviously fashion items", is there a way to retrieve them? Also how can I tell if a torso armor will remove arm armor?

I used to think the Noctilum theme song was corny since it was used in a lot of the trailers but now that I'm in Chapter 4 I cant stop humming it :x

Lexxism

Is there a way to max out maximum Miranium?
You need storage probe
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 11
- Kirsty quests (x3)
- White Tree Continent : In a cave, north east of Spot 401
- Black Steel Continent : On the edge, south segment under spot 5
Edit: i case i read it wrong. You need to put mining probes to fn sites to increase miranium

I made sure not to watch the UK launch trailer until after I beat the game, and I'm glad I did because it straight up spoils that scene.

What is the max level for a manufacturer? Wondering if I should focus on one or split it.

Level 5 is the max. I'd probably focus on sakuraba (or your preferred corp) one at a time.

So I am doing the affinity mission "BFFs" where I have to talk with the Noppon.

I just found out that
Tatsu's mom is missing. His siblings say she was at the lake but unfortunately hasn't come back. After they explain this the market is still set on the siblings in the caravan. Is this a glitch? Or do I have to manually find the mom myself? I ask because it did this before with the noppon in Oblivia as they were marked but it took me to fast travel and reset the map before the next cutscene would register.

Xenoboy

Where are everybody in the game now? I'm going to start Chapter 5 soon, would I really love some of the affinity missions. "A day in life" in particular

TunaLover

Have a question about fashion gears, they re based on your owned gears right? If that so then I sell a gear it won't be available later?

I ask because I want change to original Helma's head gear, but it doesn't appear, I just have Worn Survival Goggles, maybe I sold them. Where can you buy new/old gear?

Vena

I just found out that
Tatsu's mom is missing. His siblings say she was at the lake but unfortunately hasn't come back. After they explain this the market is still set on the siblings in the caravan. Is this a glitch? Or do I have to manually find the mom myself? I ask because it did this before with the noppon in Oblivia as they were marked but it took me to fast travel and reset the map before the next cutscene would register.

Look in your quest log.

Chaos17

Have a question about fashion gears, they re based on your owned gears right? If that so then I sell a gear it won't be available later?

I ask because I want change to original Helma's head gear, but it doesn't appear, I just have Worn Survival Goggles, maybe I sold them. Where can you buy new/old gear?

At the shop and most of the gears aren't unique so you will find them again on monsters too.

Haunted

I just found out that
You got a new quest to find that character.

Rnr1224

Got the Flight Module and it has made exploration so much more fun. But now I'm pretty much just grinding to level 41 to get to the next needed Affinity Quest for Chapter 11.

Some parts have been annoying, I've been trying to get the Spirit Wand for the Professor B quest forever and after driving around the location and picking up all the blue shards, I can't seem to get it at all.

Fandangox

I cannot start the lobster quest because the lobster isn't there, I assume I have to run around in town until someone tells me about it?

rhandino

Banned
I cannot start the lobster quest because the lobster isn't there, I assume I have to run around in town until someone tells me about it?
I don't think so, I started it by accident since I was looking for Lin in the Industrial District and found the first lobster by accident, it was kind of creepy tbh.

jgwhiteus

Some parts have been annoying, I've been trying to get the Spirit Wand for the Professor B quest forever and after driving around the location and picking up all the blue shards, I can't seem to get it at all.

The best place to find those for me was actually in the ocean - I think the Google Docs spreadsheet lists the location at around FN401 or 402; if you fly to the ocean to the left of those locations you'll find a small island, and in the water between the continent and the island there should be some collectibles - after about 5 minutes of flying around / fast traveling so they'd reset, I got about 2 Spirit Wands for that quest I think.

Rnr1224

The best place to find those for me was actually in the ocean - I think the Google Docs spreadsheet lists the location at around FN401 or 402; if you fly to the ocean to the left of those locations you'll find a small island, and in the water between the continent and the island there should be some collectibles - after about 5 minutes of flying around / fast traveling so they'd reset, I got about 2 Spirit Wands for that quest I think.

Oh really? Ill have to try that when I get home today! Thanks!

zroid

Banned
All these quest lines with multiple options are making me wonder what happens when you choose differently

About the one where you have to bribe a Ma-non to share his technology with humans....

I tried to barter with food. And then I offered the pizza first (duh). Now I have a hot dog and hamburger in my inventory and I dunno if they do anything? lol. Anyway what happens if you answer his questions differently? Like offering credits or something.

NeonZ

I just found out that

There's some kind of glitch there, but it's rather minor. You've already gotten a quest to search for her at that point, but for some reason the game doesn't change to that automatically. You just need to open your mission screen and then set it as your target manually.

jgwhiteus

What about the fashion stuff guys, are they forever gone if sold?

Yeah, they're forever gone, but I think the majority of the fashion gear have upgrades later that look the exact same, so if you wanted them for fashion reasons you should be okay. Like T-shirts, tank tops, hoodies, jeans, glasses, swimming gear, etc. later come as side-quest rewards in "Limited", "Upgraded", "Prime", "Ultra" etc. strengths.

I used to keep my fashion gear in my inventory "just in case" I wanted to switch things up later, but after I started getting stronger fashion gear I sold off the low-strength ones.

I think there are only a few fashion items (like kitty-cat ears or devil horns) that I haven't seen upgrades for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom