• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
Starting Chapter
God damn.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fqzbe.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01p1pgl.jpg

I love this game soooo much.

NeonZ

Yeah, they're forever gone, but I think the majority of the fashion gear have upgrades later that look the exact same, so if you wanted them for fashion reasons you should be okay. Like T-shirts, tank tops, hoodies, jeans, glasses, swimming gear, etc. later come as side-quest rewards in "Limited", "Upgraded", "Prime", "Ultra" etc. strengths.

Sometimes those Fashion gear variations have different colors or texture though, like how one of the jeans is actually a leather pant, so I keep everything.

Chaos17

All these quest lines with multiple options are making me wonder what happens when you choose differently

About the one where you have to bribe a Ma-non to share his technology with humans....

I tried to barter with food. And then I offered the pizza first (duh). Now I have a hot dog and hamburger in my inventory and I dunno if they do anything? lol. Anyway what happens if you answer his questions differently? Like offering credits or something.

Haha, can't help you there because I replied the same as you xD

All these quest lines with multiple options are making me wonder what happens when you choose differently

About the one where you have to bribe a Ma-non to share his technology with humans....

I tried to barter with food. And then I offered the pizza first (duh). Now I have a hot dog and hamburger in my inventory and I dunno if they do anything? lol. Anyway what happens if you answer his questions differently? Like offering credits or something.

nothing happens. yall need to remember the game has very little choice except for "do any of the above to complete"

you are forced to go with the choice you chose first.

There's some kind of glitch there, but it's rather minor. You've already gotten a quest to search for her at that point, but for some reason the game doesn't change to that automatically. You just need to open your mission screen and then set it as your target manually.

I still don't think I can select the target. Where is she exactly?

JulianImp

Now that I've leveled all the gear manufacturers I've got (only four for now), I've turned to the augment slot generating machine to dump my excess miranium. The only bad thing is that I get 31K and my storage capacity's capped at that (with only a single duplicator and booster probe so far), so I always have around 10K that I'm unable to use, which is a pain.

Since I'm basically generating an excess 10K I'm never able to actually use, should I just replace most of my mining probes with money-making ones until I can increase my miranium storage capacity?

Now that I've leveled all the gear manufacturers I've got (only four for now), I've turned to the augment slot generating machine to dump my excess miranium. The only bad thing is that I get 31K and my storage capacity's capped at that (with only a single duplicator and booster probe so far), so I always have around 10K that I'm unable to use, which is a pain.

Since I'm basically generating an excess 10K I'm never able to actually use, should I just replace most of my mining probes with money-making ones until I can increase my miranium storage capacity?
I get about 56 k but because I'm high level I end up in a similar situation a lot

There are basic quests that allow you to turn in Miranium. Depending on a few normal missions, one can even get you 100k for 10k miranium

zroid

Banned
nothing happens. yall need to remember the game has very little choice except for "do any of the above to complete"

you are forced to go with the choice you chose first.

I'm more just wondering how the dialogue changes than anything else

Like what if I offered the
hot dog or hamburger
first, would he reject them, or...?

Or if I
offered credits instead of food
how much does he ask for, or does he say he doesn't want it? That kinda thing

jgwhiteus

I've definitely chosen the "bad" options and gotten bad results before, though thankfully I saved beforehand for some of them so I could redo them. Though there are some quests where your choice really won't make an impact.

Spoiler for one of the Ma-non quests in the commercial district where they want to learn about human interactions:
When you're helping Dana(?) give a present to her crush Cristoph, if you give red antennae or something he rejects her; if you give some sort of element it turns out to be just the thing he needs to repair his skell and they start dating. And in the former case the Ma-non says he didn't really learn anything, whereas the latter results in the Ma-non "successfully" learning about human emotions.

Also, for one of the water purification plant quests:
I'm not sure, but it seems like if you tell Ajoa to go take a shower after you've rescued her she might get worse? I chose the other option and told her to stay put, but it seems like if I'd gone the other way she would have been killed due to the spores activating with water or something.

Sometimes those Fashion gear variations have different colors or texture though, like how one of the jeans is actually a leather pant, so I keep everything.

Oh, I didn't know that... I want to keep more fashion gear, but the inventory management is pretty horrible and I end up selling stuff to keep the size down. Like, has anyone come across some sort of "sort" option in the gear menu so I can re-arrange my gear by level or by strength? I have such a hard time figuring out what to sell because my gear is listed seemingly in random order - even new stuff I get will appear in the middle of the list. EDIT: I'm talking about the inventory screen, which is where you can sell your gear off even when you're not at the shop. The party equipment screens seem to pre-sort the gear by strength.

Is there a class or character I can get to heal?

I've definitely chosen the "bad" options and gotten bad results before, though thankfully I saved beforehand for some of them so I could redo them. Though there are some quests where your choice really won't make an impact.

Spoiler for one of the Ma-non quests in the commercial district where they want to learn about human interactions:
When you're helping Dana(?) give a present to her crush Cristoph, if you give red antennae or something he rejects her; if you give some sort of element it turns out to be just the thing he needs to repair his skell and they start dating. And in the former case the Ma-non says he didn't really learn anything, whereas the latter results in the Ma-non "successfully" learning about human emotions.

Also, for one of the water purification plant quests:
I'm not sure, but it seems like if you tell Ajoa to go take a shower after you've rescued her she might get worse? I chose the other option and told her to stay put, but it seems like if I'd gone the other way she would have been killed due to the spores activating with water or something.

Oh, I didn't know that... I want to keep more fashion gear, but the inventory management is pretty horrible and I end up selling stuff to keep the size down. Like, has anyone come across some sort of "sort" option in the gear menu so I can re-arrange my gear by level or by strength? I have such a hard time figuring out what to sell because my gear is listed seemingly in random order - even new stuff I get will appear in the middle of the list. EDIT: I'm talking about the inventory screen, which is where you can sell your gear off even when you're not at the shop. The party equipment screens seem to pre-sort the gear by strength.
There are quite a few life or death choices in quests

hot dog or hamburger

Or if I
I don't know about the hamburger or the hotdog since I also offered the pizza first, but yes, the Ma-non rejects your offers for credit and technology.

brau

A2tWJ4f.png

I didn't know a lot of the stats are based from online. this is pretty cool.

Also.. everyone picked a different job i picked. Is there any difference really? i picked the recon.

hot dog or hamburger

Or if I

Like I said there's little choice as in only 1 option

offer any other food and he just says they were meh and nothing to write home about

offer money or to trade secrets and he says he won't give the info for either

eagledare

Any super good grinding spots for level 33ish with a 30 skell? I just fought
kitty cat bro
and had to lower the difficulty to finish the boss fight for the first time.

TheFatMan

I have no idea what some items I get from some quests are, can't find them anywhere. they have a strange icon

They are most likely holo images. Once you unlock the holo projector in your BLADE barracks you can set them to display.

The icon looks like a base with a dot above it, kinda.

Ulysses 31

Gold Member
kitty cat bro

The mobs in the nameless area between Primordia and Sylvalum. Specially if you got AE attacks.

TheFatMan

Is there a certain point you need to reach before you can start attaching augments to empty slots?

You can attach augments at any time. Go into the ground gear menu. Hit X to bring up options on the gear you want to set the augment for. Choose Set Augments. And done.

You can take them back out whenever you want, Augments essentially last forever.

ohlawd

what does the augment slot gen machine do and where is it?

does it add extra slots for equipment?

Just a few questions regarding stats.

1.) What's the deal with some higher level ground gear having attack/defense listed near the top as higher but the melee attack/defense is lower than the lower level one when you go to equip it?

2.) Am I right in saying that you can only equip armour on one of torso/left arm/right arm/legs?

3.) What's the difference between Melee attack and total melee attack?

JulianImp

kitty cat bro

Go to the beach in south-easternmost Oblivia and own some level 41-45 crabs with your skells. A single G-buster hit will take around half of their health away, and they're large enmies so you can bind them to get the fuel back while your teammates continue to decimate their HP.

Is there a certain point you need to reach before you can start attaching augments to empty slots?

Nope. All you need is to go to the ground gear menu, select the gear you want to attach augmentations to, press the X button to bring up the sub-menu and choose the "Attach Augmentations" option.

what does the augment slot gen machine do and where is it?

does it add extra slots for equipment?

It's created by completing the quest where L wants to open up a shop, and costs a varying amount of miranium to add an extra augmentation slot to your gear (up to three slots for weapons and one for all types of armor AFAIK). For my level 40-45 gear I'm having to spend 20-22.5K miranium per slot, but my older lv30 gear would cost 10-15K per slot.

Luigi87

Well, not as high as some, but I'm after chapter 6, and getting 112k credits a tick now (versus 13k a tick prior to ch.6)... I think I'll starting doing some sidequests now, and then continue on. Hopefully will have enough for my lv.30 Skell by the time I continue on.

Just a few questions regarding stats.

1.) What's the deal with some higher level ground gear having attack/defense listed near the top as higher but the melee attack/defense is lower than the lower level one when you go to equip it?

2.) Am I right in saying that you can only equip armour on one of torso/left arm/right arm/legs?

3.) What's the difference between Melee attack and total melee attack?
What are th equipments bonuses? All equipment had built in bonuses(plus possibly augment slots as well). A weapon might have higher attack, but lack a Melee up bonus and thus be weaker than the other weapon which has said bonus. There's also attribute resists and such to consider as well. And finally some bonuses specify a type of enemy such as mechanoid

ohlawd

It's created by completing the quest where L wants to open up a shop, and costs a varying amount of miranium to add an extra augmentation slot to your gear (up to three slots for weapons and one for all types of armor AFAIK). For my level 40-45 gear I'm having to spend 20-22.5K miranium per slot, but my older lv30 gear would cost 10-15K per slot.

aww shit

I dropped that quest because I don't have the stuff he needs after doing the 30% Oblivia survey

How often does that milenarium (or whatever it's called) reset?

Why does my map say I should be getting 7500+, but the most I can carry is 6000?

Thanks for helping me out with my questions by the way.

JulianImp

aww shit

I dropped that quest because I don't have the stuff he needs after doing the 30% Oblivia survey

It's awesome once you get it. For example, I've put several HP Plus XX augs on my MC alongside the +30% HP perk, and that makes the knife's "recover 10% of total HP" regain over 1K per activation asince I've got over 10K HP (each HP aug gives me +2000 HP). Coupled with the 50% secondary CD reduction from a Mastermind skill my character has become considerably tanky, but I still lack taunt arts to become a viable tank/bruiser.

I'm also trying to get the even better +50% HP perk to make a seriously bulky tank, but then I'll be sacrificing two skill slots just to get more HP, so I don't know if it's actually worth it).

What are th equipments bonuses? All equipment had built in bonuses(plus possibly augment slots as well). A weapon might have higher attack, but lack a Melee up bonus and thus be weaker than the other weapon which has said bonus. There's also attribute resists and such to consider as well. And finally some bonuses specify a type of enemy such as mechanoid

So you're saying even though a weapon may have a higher base attack stat the bonuses on a lower level weapon can lead it to having a higher attack stat overall?

So you're saying even though a weapon may have a higher base attack stat the bonuses on a lower level weapon can lead it to having a higher attack stat overall?
Yep. Plus some weapons might have lower attack per hit, but less cooldown leading to higher dps. For ranged weapons take into consideration that you'll get as many hits per auto attack as the amount of ammo as well

Yep. Plus some weapons might have lower attack per hit, but less cooldown leading to higher dps. For ranged weapons take into consideration that you'll get as many hits per auto attack as the amount of ammo as well

Thanks mate. That really helps. Is it also true you can only equip one out of torso/left arm/right arm and leg armour?

Absolutely. In particular, flat Attack bonuses are huge, especially for low-power weapons early on.

The number of augment slots, weapon damage type, and max upgrades are more important than the weapon's base stats. If you find a good rare item (with 3-5 augments) and attach an attack bonus to it, you'll outdamage weapons in that tier for a good 20 levels at least, when compared against items of higher level but lesser rarity.

Essentially, Augments are the reason to use equipment. So always pay attention to an item's augments first, and everything else second, when deciding what to do with it.

JulianImp

So would getting one of those 1-ammo rayguns with higher damage and adding a magazine plus aug make them better than the regular 3-4 ammo ones? Rayguns all tend to fire really slowly, but I still don't have a magazine augmentation to see how fast 1-ammo guns would fire if they did more than a single shot per auto-attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom