• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

TheCloser

Banned
I don't wanna hear no bitching when the game gets pirated to hell, they only have themselves to blame. I'll patiently wait for for the pc version knowing there's a lot of things to play in between but this is bullshit.
So what you're saying is that they shouldn't really release it on pc because pc players are entitled gamers who will steal and break the law if they don't get what they want when they want? Understood.

cripterion

Why do people think, R* gives a shit about the PC? Just because their PC version are always released as the last?

Actually I think R* cares the most about PC. So far, the PC version of every GTA installment has been the definitive edition with a bunch of exclusive features only found on PC.

Just to refresh your memories about the exclusive PC features:
GTA 3/VC/San Andreas
  • custom mp3 radio station
  • custom player skins
  • Replay feature
  • better graphics/sound (obviously)
  • (SA only) pics taken with the ingame camera are saved as screenshots on your HDD
GTA IV
  • Independence FM (custom mp3 radio station with commercials and DJ announcements)
  • powerful Video Editor
  • 32 player multiplayer
  • better graphics/sound (obviously)

And the exclusive PC features of GTA V are already foreshadowing. Video Editor has been confirmed. Furthermore, why do you think they specifically said "up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One"? Because the PC version will most likely support a higher player count than on consoles once again.

They care so much as to not release red dead redemption?

So what you're saying is that they shouldn't really release it on pc because pc players are entitled gamers who will steal and break the law if they don't get what they want when they want? Understood.

People would pirate it too if they could in current gen consoles (like they did on 360 and ps3) and I'm saying I don't give a shit if people pirate the game, not that I will do it.
How is it entitled to expect a same release date?

Tigress

I don't wanna hear no bitching when the game gets pirated to hell, they only have themselves to blame. I'll patiently wait for for the pc version knowing there's a lot of things to play in between but this is bullshit.

And yet, when the game gets pirated to hell, they just got justified on why they waited longer for the version that isn't making them as much money. So next time they will wait again to make the PC version if they even bother to make it (I mean last time they made it it didn't make them as much money as the other versions so why put it as priority?).

If you are going to boycott a game cause you dislike how the developer/publisher is treating you, then actually boycott it. All developers see if you pirate it is that you're too cheap to buy it but that you did want it. Even if you claim that wasn't the reason (even if you really were telling the truth and I'm pretty sure not everyone who says they are pirating it out of some sense of principle are actually being honest about that. That's not what the developer/publisher will see).

Also, this.

cripterion

And yet, when the game gets pirated to hell, they just got justified on why they waited longer for the version that isn't making them as much money. So next time they will wait again to make the PC version if they even bother to make it (I mean last time they made it it didn't make them as much money as the other versions so why put it as priority?).

If you are going to boycott a game cause you dislike how the developer/publisher is treating you, then actually boycott it. All developers see if you pirate it is that you're too cheap to buy it but that you did want it. Even if you claim that wasn't the reason (even if you really were telling the truth and I'm pretty sure not everyone who says they are pirating it out of some sense of principle are actually being honest about that. That's not what the developer/publisher will see).

I own all the GTA games on Steam, but Rockstar can fuck right off with their crappy drm, and non support of pc releases. If they don't give a shit, why should pc gamers!

The new guns and damage models or explosion effects should help with the action. Game has pretty good TPS gunplay and cover as it is (in free aim at least) but the car damage from shootouts or average car crashes wasn't particularly satisfying or tangible in terms of feedback. I'm not expecting Ubisoft's The Division but hopefully "improved damage model" means more destruction and deformation rather than just more volumetric explosions.

Odd there is still no mention of Heists though. Especially seen there's been far more demand for more heist content than anything they've announced for this remaster.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I own all the GTA games on Steam, but Rockstar can fuck right off with their crappy drm, and non support of pc releases. If they don't give a shit, why should pc gamers!

I feel bad for you guys, you should not get the short end of the stick.

But i really hate this attitude. Your essentially saying you support doing this kind of immoral stuff because you have to wait.

All your doing is telling the developer they were right to not give you priority, your not helping your case at all every time this happens.

But i really hate this attitude. Your essentially saying you support doing this kind of immoral stuff because you have to wait.

All your doing is telling the developer they were right to not give you priority, your not helping your case at all every time this happens.

There's competition. If they don't adapt and continuously let down one fanbase, the fanbase will just go elsewhere or wait.

CANNOT WAIT!!!

I really hope they bump the frame rate as well, or at least have it solidly locked at 30fps. I would be very, very surprised if R* can push it to 60fps..

People need to chill out about the PC delay.
It's only a few months

ibvESeYtH0xF5Z.gif

cripterion

No, reread my post, all I said is they can't be going about piracy killed their sales when it launches on pc cause they only have themselves to blame. I didn't say I was going to pirate the game. I already own the game on 360 and was looking forward to the definitive version on pc, but this delay without explanation is just bullshit from them, plain and simple.

I'm quite sure if they put the effort of putting RDR on pc they would see that pc gamers are willing to fork cash for their games but whatever.

People need to chill out about the PC delay.
It's only a few months

ibvESeYtH0xF5Z.gif

It's not really about the length of the delay it's just the principle.

Except that PC is very rarely given priority. Consoles are always the main focus. Doesn't matter how pretty much every 360 game was leaked and pirated before release, while PC games don't get leaked until after due to Steam. Developers will always prioritise consoles, so telling PC owners to bend over and take it without saying a word is a load of shit. When you constantly delay games for the platform, provide 4 layers of DRM (GTA IV had Securom, GFWL, R* Social Club and Steam), and have a history of shitty ports, it's hardly a shock that piracy is so rampant.

Goon Boon

Banned
It's not really about the length of the delay it's just the principle.

Yeah, the game should have been released almost a year ago with a patch for updated textures/visuals a with the HD release if they were entirely new assets rather than the HD version's textures/assets being downscaled to work with the PS3/360 versions.

PC should be treated like a major platform, not an afterthought, but because of the phantom threat of piracy (which isn't exactly an issue if the main draw of your game is a rich multiplayer experience like GTA: Online) is used as a way to rationalize it.

That is such an old and tired excuse. These dumbass video game companies always use this as an excuse nothing more nothing less. Ubisoft was very guilty of this last gen.

Lol, just noticed this, what a load of bullshit. If they really gave a fuck, they'd have mentioned it in the actual press release. They'd also not have essentially ignored the platform in the new trailer, except for a brief mention right at the end.

cripterion

Holy giffy! Quite a difference. It's all the original needed. I wonder about the framerate on consoles though.
So they will finally be able to match their pre-release bullshots.

Luckens model especially improved a lot... probably one of the biggest things I noticed during the trailer. A lot of better ground textures like at the Altruist camp, too. Trevor seems to benefit a lot in terms of facial expressions, too; I didn't particularly notice Franklin's changes but Trevor's when he talks to Maude or the Thornhills highlights his facial expressions more. Michael looks great in his AK/explosion screenshot though.

Also noticed in the shots that there's a Benefactor Glendale parked outside the Yellowjack Inn. That's a DLC car that never spawns, so I wonder if that means all DLC content regularly spawns and appears in the game world now. Also, Trevor's carrying a holdall shoulder bag which he never does, so maybe those are equip-able now. The AK he's holding during the Crystal Maze scene has a new weapon skin, too -- the stock screws and bolt assist are polished and notably different than the current skins.

nullpoynter

Well said! I'm surprised they even bother with the PC versions after seeing these attitudes around here.

Max payne 3 was a good port, the PC version got delayed as usual but the game itself was really well optimized.

I think the atmosphere has changed a bit, GTA IV caliber ports just wont cut it anymore, and I dont think they would want to tarnish V's pristine reputation by half assing a late PC port.

Quite sure a big problem with IV's port was the engine being new and kind of shitty at that point along with Rockstar Toronto's lack of experience with it. I expect the PC version of V to be as big of an improvement performancewise over IV as it was with the PS3.

Qassim

As I said earlier in the thread, I played this on PS3, but refrained from playing it how I wanted in anticipation of the PC version. I have a PS4/XB1 so it's going to hurt seeing it come out on those platforms and having to not buy it so I don't ruin the PC version for myself, I want the best version.

It was my most anticipated release of this year, so having it pushed back in this way feels bad. Rockstar are pretty much the only major developer that treat the PC like this these days, so I don't really understand people who say "we should be used to it".

It's also been a much longer wait than than other mainline GTAs in the past.

I dont know, so what its delayed 2 months.

Its better late than never. I loved RDR, but my god I would have loved a pc version even if we had to wait 16 months for it.

as it stands now, beat it on 360, will get it on ps4, and will rebuy again on pc later on (when I build a new pc, as my fall 2011 2500k 570, is getting a bit long in the tooth).

Darknight

Not for nothing but its weird to see PC gamers like this. Like this is how it feels when PC gamers are shouting "Master Race" all the time. Its annoying. So I understand it pisses you off that its been delayed for 2 months just like that phrase pissed me off.

Not for nothing but its weird to see PC gamers like this. Like this is how it feels when PC gamers are shouting "Master Race" all the time. Its annoying. So I understand it pisses you off that its been delayed for 2 months just like that phrase pissed me off.

A joke phrase pissed you off? Get some thicker skin. Also just as Gaf isn't a hive mind, nor are PC gamers.

Yasae

Banned
"STOP BITCHING THAT IT'S TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AFTER THE CONSOLE RELEASES, AT LEAST YOU'RE GETTING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!"

SparkTR

If it's a great port it should be fine. Seriously the amount of complaining here is miniscule compared to if it was a poor port, and that complaining would last for the rest of its existence, not just for two months. If it's delayed AND a bad port them something is wrong.

Nabs

I'm just glad they never put the pre-order up on GMG/Steam. If I can wait 16 months, I can wait a few more for a sale.

Rembrandt

Banned
Sheesh, it's a delay and you guys are gonna buy it on sale for $5-10? Couldn't it possibly be that they're trying to miss the winter sales and make money? Then turn around and complain when the next Rockstar game doesn't have a PC release?

Sheesh, it's a delay and you guys are gonna buy it on sale for $5-10? Couldn't it possibly be that they're trying to miss the winter sales and make money? Then turn around and complain when the next Rockstar game doesn't have a PC release?

If they were trying to miss Winter Sales they could just, you know, not offer them on discount.

Watevaman

didn't they make like hundreds of millions on this already?

Rembrandt

Banned
If they were trying to miss Winter Sales they could just, you know, not offer them on discount.

I'm almost positive Steam does it. At least I thought i read that from some indie dev.

didn't they make like hundreds of millions on this already?

yeah, but they're a business and businesses like to make money more than they like to please fans. who knows, they might actually have a good reason to push this back. The PC version will definitely be the definitive version. I agree, it sucks for those wanting to pick it up on PC but I don't think boycotting the game just because of a delay is a good way to make sure they'll focus more on the platform, especially when, like you said, they already made hundreds of millions already. They might just see it as not being worth the effort anymore.

Top Bottom