• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 | Storm Island Add-On revealed

GHG

I've got a problem.

Bought the expansion through the store, downloaded fully and installed, can't access storm island in the pause menu tabs and nothing showing up on the world map.

I've hard reset my console twice and it's not fixed the issue.

Any ideas?

Noobcraft

I've got a problem.

Bought the expansion through the store, downloaded fully and installed, can't access storm island in the pause menu tabs and nothing showing up on the world map.

I've hard reset my console twice and it's not fixed the issue.

Any ideas?
The game might not be fully updated to the latest version...? Check the upgrade shop and see if it has rally tires.

Looking forward all day to trying this after last night's frustration (vip discount didn't work) and I am not disappointed! Fantastic off road racing, and I love the weather effects.

Can't see me going back to the mainland for a while.

Noobcraft

And a video of the Hardcore Bucket List #4 event without YouTube compression.
http://xboxclips.com/Mr+Noobcraft/16ae565c-5f8e-4467-8262-b814f58c26a2

Plus some more Photomode.
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

I would like to know the answer to this as well.
I don't *think* so. The first thing you're told when you get to Storm Island is that it has its own special sub-climate.

And its not just storms there. Sometimes there is a super deep fog over everything and visibility becomes very low. The weather is mostly oppressive and dramatic, and I thought the fog was being used to hide details or lower the draw distances, but once the sun breaks through, the sky clears and you can see all the way across the island I get the same feeling as hearing the recess bell in 2nd grade. Time to play.

TMWNN35

I just upgraded to VIP and grabbed the add-on for $10. I hope there are plans to release more DLC content similar to what we're getting here.

Completetly agree, I'd love to see another add on like Storm island but with a focus on on high speed road racing for the very high performance S1, S2 and X class cars.

FordGTGuy

Banned
If you're nit seeing the storm island video and championship notification on the map it most likely means that you are still in the process of completing a championship. You need to finish this championship to get access to storm island.

GHG

If you're nit seeing the storm island video and championship notification on the map it most likely means that you are still in the process of completing a championship. You need to finish this championship to get access to storm island.

Ah ok thanks.

Will try this tomorrow.

Not sure if this is necessarily true. I was in the middle of a championship when I installed the update/DLC, and it worked immediately afterwards.

chris121580

How do I get access to the hardcore bucket list? Right now I only have the normal ones and 3 were available and I've already completed those

How big is the Storm Island compared to the other map?
I've downloaded it, but have not yet accessed the island.

I'd say similar to the size of one of the areas in the game, but it lacks cities. There are 50 roads to discover, while the full game has 315 in its five sections. With the lack of cities, you lose a lot of the little streets all packed in together.

Kssio_Aug

I'd say similar to the size of one of the areas in the game, but it lacks cities. There are 50 roads to discover, while the full game has 315 in its five sections. With the lack of cities, you lose a lot of the little streets all packed in together.

Thanks a lot! May check that right now! =)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
love that last shot.

by the way, any showcase events in the DLC?

GHG

Make sure you've progressed as far as the first car meet in Nice in regular Horizon 2. Storm Island should unlock for you after that.

I'm 2 championship wins away from the finale at the moment so I think I'm way past that point...?

What should the car meet icon look like on the map?

Osahi

I'm 2 championship wins away from the finale at the moment so I think I'm way past that point...?

What should the car meet icon look like on the map?

A 'Parking'-sign (P on a blue square). You can't have missed it, because you need to go to the first one before being able to do your third championship if I'm not mistaken

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Really loving some of the tracks on this island.

They should have made some of the original game bucket list challenges as hard as these ones were.

CaVaYeRo

Got the Storm Island map, played last night, captured some free roam and Rampage event 1 gameplay with Thrustmaster racing wheel:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/208344/Forza+Horizon+2:+gameplay+en+Storm+Island+con+volante/

Damn, force feedback in this terrain is harder exercise for my arms than going to the gym. Found first event as hard as fun, lots of things to keep in mind with racing wheel if you don't want to lose control! And honestly, you can't see sh*t when in cockpit view :D

GHG

A 'Parking'-sign (P on a blue square). You can't have missed it, because you need to go to the first one before being able to do your third championship if I'm not mistaken

Well I don't have any blue P signs on my map but I'm well past the 3rd championship...

Am I supposed to have blue P signs permanently on my map?

I have blue world icons but I assume they are different?

Do you not see the Storm Island icon on the map at Nice Harbor?

Nope no sign on my map...

I'm out of ideas.

GHG

Ok just doing some research on this issue and it turns out I'm not the only one having this issue with the car meets and subsequently the storm island DLC:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...l-not-seeing-car-meets--threads-merged.aspx?=

Because of this bug I now can't access the DLC I've paid for. This isn't good enough quite frankly.

I've driven up to all 6 locations of where the car meets should be, drive up the side road only to get booted straight back out onto the main road again. Nothing's working, I've tried all the suggestions posted in that thread on the Forza forums.

Helios, please send a message to get this fixed ASAP because it means that some of us who have paid for the DLC are unable to access it.

The trend of broken shit in 2014 continues...

Ok just doing some research on this issue and it turns out I'm not the only one having this issue with the car meets and subsequently the storm island DLC:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...l-not-seeing-car-meets--threads-merged.aspx?=

Because of this bug I now can't access the DLC I've paid for. This isn't good enough quite frankly.

I've driven up to all 6 locations of where the car meets should be, drive up the side road only to get booted straight back out onto the main road again. Nothing's working, I've tried all the suggestions posted in that thread on the Forza forums.

Helios, please send a message to get this fixed ASAP because it means that some of us who have paid for the DLC are unable to access it.

The trend of broken shit in 2014 continues...

That's a weird issue. Seems like a very small portion of people are experiencing it too. I know it's not a real solution, but I'd try deleting your local and server-side saves and just starting from scratch.

GHG

That's a weird issue. Seems like a very small portion of people are experiencing it too. I know it's not a real solution, but I'd try deleting your local and server-side saves and just starting from scratch.

No, just no. I've put over 50 hours into this game. If I have to start from scratch to resolve it this game is dead to me.

Top Bottom