• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
What screenshots from the PC thread are you comparing to 1886, because I haven't seen a single one that's as graphically impressive.
1886 looks amazing... but,
Wat8.jpg

tfur

Said a guy with almost Sony only threads history.

Also, i'm sorry for having some standards and if You want to see what those are, visit PC screenshot thread few times.

Your "standards" are nothing but subjectivity. You or me are not the arbiter of aesthetics.

You say it looks bad, and has too much blur. Well guess what, I think it looks like an incredible composition and not too blurry at all. I guess I am right, because I have standards.

I think you are too caught up in Crytek technology, and not really in tune with aesthetic qualities at all.

As a PC gamer too, I think The Order looks incredible and as good as anything I've played on my computer. The IQ is indeed affected by the postprocessing and grain effects, but it's an intentional decision to give it a heavy film quality, which the movie buff in me appreciates.

But I guess I don't have standards.

hydruxo

Well the spoiler thread has SPOILER in the title..not sure how much more clear it can be :p

Well there's like 3 or 4 threads that start with the game's name almost constantly on the first couple pages, it's not a stretch to think somebody might accidentally click on the spoiler thread when trying to go to one of the others :)

Trace

Banned
As a PC gamer too, I think The Order looks incredible and as good as anything I've played on my computer. The IQ is indeed affected by the postprocessing and grain effects, but it's an intentional decision to give it a heavy film quality, which the movie buff in me appreciates.

Same. I mean do I think that a PC can put out more power than a PS4? Sure. But what they've done with the limited hardware is nothing short of astounding. The game looks great, and that's comparing it to some of the insane Cryengine/UE4 stuff that PC can put out.

Could we kindly keep from derailing the thread to 1886 vs PC screenshots?

Agreed. I think its impressive enough that its being compared to top of the line PC stuff. PC will intrinsically always provide other advantages but the Order is impressive for being the best or one of the best looking games at the moment and likely for some time to come.

Also, i'm sorry for having some standards and if You want to see what those are, visit PC screenshot thread few times.

You are right i have only Sony thread history. You know why? Cause I don't go into thread for things I don't have interest in and shit the place up. My time is limited and I'd rather spend them discuss with people who share the same interest.

Oh... that's (bold) why all the salt. You win. The order is too blurry, looks like shit, plays like shit, smells like shit and we are all not worthy of real games played by real gamers.

BTW I have a gaming rig and a 3ds XL also.

Game4life

Banned
What screenshots from the PC thread are you comparing to 1886, because I haven't seen a single one that's as graphically impressive.

He cant show footage that looks as good because there are not any. Download any direct feed maxed out Crysis, Metro or any other game and it still does not look as good as the Order. This game is a visual feat. I just wish it has the gameplay to back it up ( which I doubt for now) but there has not been a prettier game made.

taa0098

Neo Member

Yup. Guess I'm not a true pc gamer since I think this and last of us look amazing and just as good as most things I've played on my pc, games like crysis 3 notwithstanding obviously. It's insane what developers can get out of consoles.

Ricky_R

Put me on the list of people who love slow, quiet moments in games. I remember many people complaining about TLOU being too slow in the beginning and I totally enjoyed the fact.

As I normally do.

KKRT00

I think you are too caught up in Crytek technology, and not really in tune with aesthetic qualities at all.
What aesthetic qualities? I love aesthetic of this game, i've been saying that since first trailers.

But using CA and grain filter up to eleven is not aesthetics, its cheap way to make visual noise, hell i can make this in pretty much every game with some shaders.

God, i would love to RaD to show screenshots from the same locations without grain filter and CA. I wonder what would You prefer then.

What aesthetic qualities? I love aesthetic of this game, i've been saying since first trailers.

But using CA and grain filter up to eleven is not aesthetics, its cheap wat make visual noise, hell i can make this in pretty much every game with some shaders.

God, i would love to RaD to show screenshots from the same locations without grain filter and CA. I wonder what would prefer then.

Probably the game with the grain filter and CA. As I do in all the games that have the option by default.

He cant show footage that looks as good because there are not any. Download any direct feed maxed out Crysis, Metro or any other game and it still does not look as good as the Order. This game is a visual feat. I just wish it has the gameplay to back it up ( which I doubt for now) but there has not been a prettier game made.

Let's not turn this into a Star Citizen thread.

Game4life

Banned
Let's not turn this into a Star Citizen thread.

Can anyone share star Citizen gameplay footage that looks better? Not in engine, or target renders etc.. Can anyone direct me to actual gameplay footage that looks as good because none of the gameplay footage I have seen of it looks as remarkable as the Order. Scope wise of course it blows almost every game in existence but visually from what I have seen so far na......

Can anyone share star Citizen gameplay footage that looks better? Not in engine, or target renders etc.. Can anyone direct me to actual gameplay footage that looks as good because none of the gameplay footage I have seen of it looks as remarkable as the Order. Scope wise of course it blows almost every game in existence but visually from what I have seen so far na......

Let's just drop it.

R_Deckard

You really are trying too hard here!, but show me a game on the PC that looks anywhere near the level of what RAD have achieved here for Pre-rendered looking CGI?

What aesthetic qualities? I love aesthetic of this game, i've been saying since first trailers.

But using CA and grain filter up to eleven is not aesthetics, its cheap wat make visual noise, hell i can make this in pretty much every game with some shaders.

God, i would love to RaD to show screenshots from the same locations without grain filter and CA. I wonder what would prefer then.

You need to get off the screen shots and watch some videos. The game looks fantastic period. No amount of your nonsense is going to make us suddenly go blind. And the developers have said from day one that the filter is an artistic choice. If you have that much of a problem with it then that is your right, but please stop complaining in the thread and shitting it because they are not going to change it for you. Find some thread about something you are interested in and discuss it there.

Would like to see your shader work and compare to The Order... LMAO

Put me on the list of people who love slow, quite moments in games. I remember many people complaining about TLOU being too slow in the beginning and I totally enjoyed the fact.

As I normally do.

Irony is games like Gone Home, Dear Ester, Journey and more get praised for this but because The Order has guns in it it should be a shoot bang fest the entire time. I wish more games allowed players to absorb the world more in a non violent way. I wish half of Bioshock infinite was just that rather than just an hour.

RK9039

Ruliweb just released their high-quality footage of the PSX demo along with their preview.

http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/69025.daum

Yup, those videos are really good. I think I've seen some of these already.

This new video someone posted is amazing, it's fanmade though. The fact SC was even brought up means that The Order looks damn good, if that wasn't obvious already.

What aesthetic qualities? I love aesthetic of this game, i've been saying that since first trailers.

But using CA and grain filter up to eleven is not aesthetics, its cheap way to make visual noise, hell i can make this in pretty much every game with some shaders.

God, i would love to RaD to show screenshots from the same locations without grain filter and CA. I wonder what would You prefer then.

I don't understand why you're so hung up on the CA in this game. Actually a game with one of the more moderate uses of CA. You should look at Bloodborne, now that's where the CA really seems out of place.

The CA and grain filter in The Order's case fits fairly well to the cinema screen style RAD wants to achieve.

IcyEyes

The Order is easily one of the most impressive looking game, I don't know how it's possible to deny this.
Obviously in the future other games will surpass this level, but well, right now The Order is the best one.

viveks86

Guys, why are we doing this? Who gives a shit if it's the best looking game in the universe or not? Why does it always have to be a contest? :/

KKRT00

And there is no in-engine or target render footage from SC, everything they shown is from early game assets, recorded mostly real-time.
You want really good, visually polished footage from Star Citizen? Wait 3 months for vertical slice trailer of Squadron 42.

----
Outside of the OP screens I can't say I've seen much if any Chromatic Aberration though, and the amount of grain filter seems to change depending on the scenery. There's barely any noticeable grain in the high-quality footages here: http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/69025.daum

Its the same footage as those shots and tons of CA here.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_psx_the_order_1886_new_screens-16124_en.html

----
I don't understand why you're so hung up on the CA in this game. Actually a game with one of the more moderate uses of CA. You should look at Bloodborne, now that's where the CA really seems out of place.

The CA and grain filter in The Order's case fits fairly well to the cinema screen style RAD wants to achieve.
Every game, but in most games You can turn it off, because they are on PC, here You cant.
If You would follow slightly screenshot thread around Lord of Fallen's release You would understand why we hate it so much.
Same goes for Dying Light and many stupid additions to ENB Skyrim mods.
You can also check my posts from Ryse PC launch, when i got totally annoyed by locked CryEngine commands for grain filter control.

benzy

Outside of the OP screens I can't say I've seen much if any Chromatic Aberration though, and the amount of grain filter seems to change depending on the scenery. There's barely any noticeable grain in the high-quality footages here: http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/69025.daum

Why do we care about KKRT00's opinion, again? His tastes are very clear based on his history. He would always find something to bitch about for this game, so let him be. Stop derailing the damn thread with shit about PC games.

Every game, but in most games You can turn it off, because they are on PC, here You cant.
If You would follow slightly screenshot thread around Lord of Fallen's release You would understand why we hate it so much.
Same goes for Dying Light and many stupid additions to ENB Skyrim mods.

I followed and I've seen them. The CA in LotF didn't really fit the game so I can understand why people disliked it. Here however it seems well done in my opinion.

In the Order you probably won't be able to turn it off. That's the disadvantage of consoles. Which means: If you don't like what you see, move on. There is nothing you can do about.

Or message RAD and ask them if they can add the option to turn off the CA.

krioto

Why do we care about KKRT00's opinion, again? His tastes are very clear based on his history. He would always find something to bitch about for this game, so let him be. Stop derailing the damn thread with shit about PC games.

seconded - it happens far too often

I don't know much about Star Citizen but isn't it a game supposed to be only running well on a high-end PC?

If so, then why are you comparing PS4 graphics to PC high end graphics? It's not fair you know. Goddamn it! What is wrong with you?

I kid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom