• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars Battlefront Coverage (Oct 5)

Omg that was awesome, went 34 - 6. Had the highest amount of kills, highest objective score and highest uplinks defended. In the beginning as Imps there's a turret next to a uplink and rebel scum just keeps running toward you. Its easy picking haha.

Honestly, I think you shouldn't even post those shots. W10 streaming adds a small but noticeable amount of compression/blur, even to the UI.

You are making mountains out of molehills just to jump on the DICE hate bandwagon.

The original game didn't have space or a campaign. Vehicle pickups are not functionally different from having an empty vehicle sit on the map. The original game didn't have playable heroes. Classes aren't necessary. The original games didn't have maps with the level of detail and attention that the new one has. Galactic Conquest was filler. There were no campaigns in the modern sense of the word in the original games. What world do I live in that people actually liked anything about the prequels?

I can ask a bunch of inane questions too.

Look at what is in this game, not what was in a game made 11 years ago and it's sequel with 100% recycled assets. We've got multiple species, 12 maps with highly detailed textures and models, more than 6 multiplayer modes, splitscreen and online co-op, hero battles, AI battles, survival, trials (includes speeder bike races), traditional gameplay.

For how long they had and how they had to make everything from scratch, DICE is doing damn well with this game. The lack of a server browser sucks, but the game play and other features are spot on.
Lol but all of that stuff except for trials was in Battlefront 2. Why are you so intent on ignoring 2's existence and praising DICE for releasing with less content than 2 had?

And lol at listing traditional gameplay, "look at all these things the new Battlefront has that the traditional ones didn't!" /proceeds to list traditional gameplay

Omg that was awesome, went 34 - 6. Had the highest amount of kills, highest objective score and highest uplinks defended. In the beginning as Imps there's a turret next to a uplink and rebel scum just keeps running toward you. Its easy picking haha.

I was watching one of Dan Krupa's videos the other day and he was saying they were massively overpowered.

Honestly, I think you shouldn't even post those shots. W10 streaming adds a small but noticeable amount of compression/blur, even to the UI.

People are asking for shots from the XboxOne. Thats the only way for me through W10.

Dont have a capture card.

Ey you were in my Match i think on PS4 :D

People are asking for shots from the XboxOne. Thats the only way for me through W10.

Dont have a capture card.

Ey you were in my Match i think on PS4 :D

Haha could be in on ps4,as well. And yeah those turrets are strong. You can pick someone of on the other side of the map.

so what does gaf think of the look of this game?

i really like star wars and can't wait

will there be more playable heros/villians then just darth vader, luke and i think boba fett right?

can you switch between first and third whenever you want?

looking forward to trying out the beta definately if anyone wants to add me for a match

Hagi

Oh man Sullust looks absolutely gorgeous.

Anyone playing on PS4? My download will be done in 20 minutes so we should get some players together.

So, is it fun? I don't care too much about how it looks. (For reference, along with PC I have a vast amount of hours on BF4 for the 360 lol)

BF4 fans, are you satisfied thusfar with the gameplay?

Xater

So, is it fun? I don't care too much about how it looks. (For reference, along with PC I have a vast amount of hours on BF4 for the 360 lol)

BF4 fans, are you satisfied thusfar with the gameplay?

It's simpler than BF4. I think it's fun. So far my impressions from Gamescom have not really changed.

Only disappointment so far is that the missions do not seem to have matchmaking. Why is that still a thing game devs? Give coop modes also matchmaking for fuck's sake!

Damn those shots are kinda shocking, in terms of comparison. We'll have to wait and see but after two years since launch and it being current gen only i'd sure expect Xbox One's version to look good and perform as well. We'll see thursday.

Did they say at what time it will be downloadable thursday?

Damn those shots are kinda shocking, in terms of comparison. We'll have to wait and see but after two years since launch and it being current gen only i'd sure expect Xbox One's version to look good and perform as well. We'll see thursday.

Did they say at what time it will be downloadable thursday?

They both look kinda crap to me. Frankly I think we're debating which pile of shit smells worse. (and Xbox's pics above are pushed through W10 streaming, so there is another layer of garbage on top)

Anyway, I don't play these games for visuals as much as gameplay, so hopefully it scratches that itch.

Ramirez

Nah I can't find a single game either. I keep on getting thrown into one on my own and nobody ever joins.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I'm sitting at a lobby screen with one other guy in Walker Assault. I can't even get to the lobby screen in DZ tho, lol.

Ramirez

Lol wtf is the point of giving people early access if the servers aren't even open yet?

I think they're open, there's just so few people on and probably in different areas it doesn't match them up. I'd say tonight will be better. My WA lobby was up to 5 people, but 2 left. :(

Kibbles

How do you get early access ps4 beta? I'm off tomorrow and would like to play then but oh well if I can't..

Edit: ahh thought there were preorder incentives. I see the code begging thread though lol

Machina

Banned
Since I can't find anyone online, I played one round of Survival on Tatooine on my own.

Early impressions? It's awesome. Gorgeous looking, the sound effects are superb, the hit detection on the storm troopers is very accurate and the laser weapons aren't a chore to use.

Played on Normal, didn't die once as a shooter veteran. Probably higher difficulties are recommended.

Is there a colorblind option? I can barely play BF without it.

Yes, in video settings

bombshell

Since I can't find anyone online, I played one round of Survival on Tatooine on my own.

Early impressions? It's awesome. Gorgeous looking, the sound effects are superb, the hit detection on the storm troopers is very accurate and the laser weapons aren't a chore to use.

Played on Normal, didn't die once as a shooter veteran. Probably higher difficulties are recommended.

Was it easy through all 6 waves on normal? Because in the full game it will be 15 waves.

Pastry

Banned
What do the customization options look like for your player? Will we be unlocking different alien skins and stuff?

Machina

Banned
Was it easy through all 6 waves on normal? Because in the full game it will be 15 waves.

Yes, the final wave of the 6 included one AT ST, a heap of shocktroopers and jetpack Stormtroopers. I don't think that is indicative of what we'll encounter in wave 15, which will probably include Vader.

They both look kinda crap to me. Frankly I think we're debating which pile of shit smells worse. (and Xbox's pics above are pushed through W10 streaming, so there is another layer of garbage on top)

Anyway, I don't play these games for visuals as much as gameplay, so hopefully it scratches that itch.

Damn, that bad? I don't think it looks that bad to be honest. You are right about the W10 streaming though. I think the PS4 pics look nice and clean personally.

Some quick ps4 shots i took:
amarec20151006173935.png

amarec20151006174212.png

amarec20151006174410.png

amarec20151006174806.png

Top Bottom