• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flop

Banned
High by the Beach literally gave me an orgasm first time I heard it.

H7bMTCA.gif

Partition

Banned
LG5 will be an average middling pop album that won't even be as daring as BTW or reach the heights of such, but since it will be better than ARTPOP (it would be harder to make an album thats worse) her fans won't shut up about it and overrate it to oblivion. Commercially it will be a miracle for her to get a top 3 hit.

ANTi will probably be better than we are expecting, but only slightly. It will be a better album than LG5 but like Unapologetic she won't see the same success with her singles as she did with Loud etc.

BEYONCÉ2 will be as good as self titled or even better, continuing her reign as queen of pop. I expect BEY2 to provide better single success this time too.

Katy will do as she always does and release something safe, child catering, and utterly, boring. Smash singles are a guarantee.

Britney9 will be better than Britney Jean, because like ARTPOP she can't be any worse. However I do not expect major commercial success for Britney. She's finished.

I expect Lorde2 to surpass Pure Heroine in terms of quality, and maybe even have a smash as big as Team.

Bookmarq the tea.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I want 2016 to deliver a new girl that slays on every level (visuals, vocals, qualité/cutting-edge music, etc) and that puts all the other lazy flops on their toes.

When was the last big, culturally relevant girl? Gags? (I consider Adele alternative, not really pop)

royalan

I want 2016 to deliver a new girl that slays on every level (visuals, vocals, qualité/cutting-edge music, etc) and that puts all the other lazy flops on their toes.

When was the last big, culturally relevant girl? Gags? (I consider Adele alternative, not really pop)

Yep, Gaga.

If there was a new It Girl on the horizon we'd have seen her by now. Gaga/Just Dance was hot in the clubs for a good year before she broke out on radio.

I think we're stuck with the current girls for a while longer. Unless a Soundcloud Hew suddenly becomes relevant. :(

rhandino

Banned
Ummm, Let me go and do a quick check Tumblr and Instagram because if there is going to be a new girl or gay in the game this year or the next those are the places to check tbh.

Also you all know that Drake is going to destroy our faves the moment Views from the 6 is released so you all better stan and let To Pimp a Butterfly in 2015 and stan the new King of Rap of 2016.

1Evyrn4.gif

Now that Ari has faded, Scooter will go all in with his new girls, CL and Tori. keke

If the murican public has any sense CL will flop. I wouldn't mind Tori doing her thing so long as she stays away from justine. eww.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I fucking love Hymn for the Weekend and coldplay need to push it as a single now and get bey to come to the superbowl

Coolluck

Halsey is unknown to the public. She has no impact whatsoever. She'll most likely remain a 2015 fad.

To be fair, a lot of white girls like her for the ever so slightly alternative flavor. Like a Lana Del Rey without as much talent. Lorde might be a more apt comparison, though.

the only gerls that will receive my coins this year are Gags and Lorde tbqh. Unless Marina re-releases FROOT (as she said she might) or Lana COMES again.

Now that Ari has faded, Scooter will go all in with his new girls, CL and Tori. keke

If the murican public has any sense CL will flop. I wouldn't mind Tori doing her thing so long as she stays away from justine. eww.

Lel Queen CL will most likely not flop. She has all the qualities to succeed here.

I'm nervous for her, I dunno when's the right time for her to strike.

I think April/May is the best time for her unleash her new single with a possible July/August album release accompanied with a VMA performance for single #2 then release a follow up for the holiday season.

That's how I think she should play it

Alas, no one can predict her.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I just love ha

I also think that because she covered Coldplay Mau should never shade her again

edit;I mean just divine
the Fame/Fame Monster era was just perfection

Let me go and watch her Glastonbury set again

I'm all down for Gaga to slay but she'll never be able to sell that TF Gaga persona anymore. Whatever she has up her sleeve, I hope she's not committed to that weird vocal affectation she's been committed to recently. It's incredibly distracting.

I feel like she's done that off and on in her music for years, the imagine performance in particular doesn't sound like anything really crazy for her. I just want fun music without too much pretension but God knows that's hoping for too much. I do love ArtPOP as an album but man it's been such a shit era.

llehuty

I do feel bad for you western-pop fans, having to wait years for your faves to release new material.

Meanwhile, in k-pop and j-pop, if you skip one week, there is a chance you miss a couple of decent releases, and you can always look forward to your faves releasing new material because, at worse, they will have only one release per year.

Don't get me wrong, I like western-pop, but those long strechs of time without any worthwhile release? eeeek

I'm still waiting for Keri Hilson to have a new release, while in k-pop land she would be in the 3/4 releases per year schedule.

Meanwhile, we can all look forward Dal Shabet changing the game once again in a couple of days.

DOWN

Banned
Okay Hands to Myself sounds great but they either layered in another singer for the strong notes to cover Selena's voice or had to manipulate Selena's voice beyond recognition, just like the do for those movie musicals when Tom Cruise isn't really good enough to do the songs full justice outside the whispers and soft notes. Doesn't sound like Selena's range or tone at all once it hits the chorus long notes.

Floridian

If Stars Align, this would be the pop releases of this year:
Rihanna
Katy
Gaga
Beyonce
Britney
Pink
Lorde
Charli XCX
Christina Aguilera
Ariana

Possible;
Lana (she's already planning the next album)
Taylor (I have doubts though because she just released a 6th single and I can see her taking a break this year to avoid being too overxposed)

+ There will be more Adele singles charting.

So cramped tbh.

I do feel bad for you western-pop fans, having to wait years for your faves to release new material.

Meanwhile, in k-pop and j-pop, if you skip one week, there is a chance you miss a couple of decent releases, and you can always look forward to your faves releasing new material because, at worse, they will have only one release per year.

Don't get me wrong, I like western-pop, but those long strechs of time without any worthwhile release? eeeek

I'm still waiting for Keri Hilson to have a new release, while in k-pop land she would be in the 3/4 releases per year schedule.

Meanwhile, we can all look forward Dal Shabet changing the game once again in a couple of days.

SO WHEN WILL 2NE1 DO THEIR COMEBACK?

I NEED THEM BACK TOGETHER IN MY VAINZZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom