• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Fisty

I just realized...

This will be the first console launch where users will possibly be re-downloading entire libraries of games...

This could get ugly

DjRalford

I just realized...

This will be the first console launch where users will possibly be re-downloading entire libraries of games...

This could get ugly

Thats why i am thankful for my 200MB Unlimited connection, i shall set it up, set all the stuff i want to download, and put it in rest mode whilst i goto work.

freefornow

Gold Member
I just took this screen from my PS4 Pro on my 1080p TV and I just can't believe it! A Pixar Movie

ratchet_clank_20161114du5e.png

Still a lot of jaggies from what I can see? I thought supersampling effectively eliminated jaggies?

j-wood

I couldn't find anything in the preview thread, but can anyone say whether mankind divided runs better framerate wise in 1080p on the pro? Or did they only patch in 4k res?

For some still on the fence, I recorded two videos in order to show what kind of advantage super sampling will give you on 1080p sets.

https://mega.nz/#!8Y9hgITB

https://mega.nz/#!YNFxCa6Z

Need the decryption keys please.

Sorry, I misunderstood how Mega works ...

https://mega.nz/#!8Y9hgITB!f-CtawRsZ5l8ujTOATAxkkVwO54OtjJzqMPufVVXSF4
https://mega.nz/#!YNFxCa6Z!Kus0A5bvPOIxR3xY9akk3Y7TeFA-gpwMaRm49fqUMAs

Still a lot of jaggies from what I can see? I thought supersampling effectively eliminated jaggies?

He captured the game in 4k resolution, so there's no SuperSampling AA on the screenshot. In 1080p it's super clean and smooth.

It will be hard to play game without the clean look from now on. I don't know if it's worth the upgrade price, but it's a very nice feature.

HiiiLife

So it turns out tomorrow my package is arriving instead of the estimates 16th or 17th. It said its arriving by 8pm tmr does that mean it will be there at that time or earlier? My sister said she can hang out at the house from 5-8 but if that falls through, will they leave it at my house?

If nobody is there to sign it they should leave a note and you can pick it up at the post office.

Welp, Amazon just emailed me that it shipped. Guess there is no turning back now. Between this and the $1k Pixel sitting next to me that Google messed up and charged me for instead of via payment plan, I'm poor.

Fisty

Thats why i am thankful for my 200MB Unlimited connection, i shall set it up, set all the stuff i want to download, and put it in rest mode whilst i goto work.

Same, I'm all digital and I managed to cut my external hdd backup down to 70GB, so I'm going to be doing about 700GB worth of downloading over the next week or so. I might just do one or two games a night though, I hope speeds aren't affected too badly

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Ok, so, I'm aparrantly clueless and learned a lesson when prepping for back up to external USB. Most people know this, but those that don't, this is for you.

Your external USB drive needs to be in FAT32 format in case you didn't know or forgot like I did. My WD Passport comes stock NTFS. My PC has Windows 10 OS. The Windows 10 format utility allows NTFS or EXFAT formatting, not FAT32.

Not a problem I find in a quick search, you can format to FAT32 via Command Prompt. This process took forever and then failed. I then learn, in general, the FAT32 format max partition is 32gb in most cases. If your drive is 1TB or larger this fails in general.

I learn after, third party software can overcome these issues. I download The WD drive utilities and fail because it doesn't offer system Windows doesn't (NTFS/EXFAT). I download Macroit software for it and fail. Some message about partition being too small for FAT32 which was BS since I only had 1 partition and it was 938GB.

Finally I downloaded another software and it created the appropriate formatting and file system in one partition in about a minute. PS4 is now backing up. Don't be like me. If you didn't know any of this, learn from my mistakes. Just thought I'd post this to try and help someone else who might be uninformed like I was.

I can't remember if Second Son and First Light were suffering from crushed blacks before, As if there wasn't so few pro patched games, they decided to make one of them unplayable. Really hope they will fix it soon.

Mob

Ok, so, I'm aparrantly clueless and learned a lesson when prepping for back up to external USB. Most people know this, but those that don't, this is for you.

Your external USB drive needs to be in FAT32 format in case you didn't know or forgot like I did. My WD Passport comes stock NTFS. My PC has Windows 10 OS. The Windows 10 format utility allows NTFS or EXFAT formatting, not FAT32.

Not a problem I find in a quick search, you can format to FAT32 via Command Prompt. This process took forever and then failed. I then learn, in general, the FAT32 format max partition is 32gb in most cases. If your drive is 1TB or larger this fails in general.

I learn after, third party software can overcome these issues. I download The WD drive utilities and fail because it doesn't offer system Windows doesn't (NTFS/EXFAT). I download Macroit software for it and fail. Some message about partition being too small for FAT32 which was BS since I only had 1 partition and it was 938GB.

Finally I downloaded another software and it created the appropriate formatting and file system in one partition in about a minute. PS4 is now backing up. Don't be like me. If you didn't know any of this, learn from my mistakes. Just thought I'd post this to try and help someone else who might be uninformed like I was.

The PS4 should detect HDD's formatted in exFAT, mine did.

Stider

Warning: it seems some people(including myself) are having issues with changing the hdd, according to what I was told by PS support in Australia. My issue is that two of the screws do not undo so I can't swap out for the 2tb I had in my PS4.

Mob

If that's true, FML.. yet another lesson learned after a ton of time wasted.

I wasted some time too, my 2TB external drive was NTFS and about half full. Made the empty space an exFAT partition but the PS4 didn't detect it as it was the second partition.

I just copied the drive contents to my PC & formatted the whole external drive to exFAT and went with that.

I think it would've detected the drive if the first partition was exFAT but I didn't want to waste any more time.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I wasted some time too, my 2TB external drive was NTFS and about half full. Made the empty space an exFAT partition but the PS4 didn't detect it as it was the second partition.

I just copied the drive contents to my PC & formatted the whole external drive to exFAT and went with that.

I think it would've detected the drive if the first partition was exFAT but I didn't want to waste any more time.

Thanks... I do feel a bit better. I guess people will learn from both of us?

Humdinger

Just got back from trading in my old PS4 and paying off my Pro in full. 10:00 a.m. tomorrow, I'll pick 'er up. Woo hoo!

zedge

Do I need to format my 2TB that I am removing from my PS4 before installing to the pro? Or will it format when I do this?

TIA

onQ123

So no one has cracked this baby open yet? I guess it's too much to check out with the PS4 because most people already got games that they want to see in a new light. I'm sure it will get a teardown tomorrow when it's officially released.

-hadouken

And I thought i had some placebo effect!
I thought it looked cleaner and has smoother framerate. Looks like i wasn't imagining things? Also yeah, the resolution bug is gone.

Transforms 64 player modes. So pleased. I'm guessing it's doing a straight native 1080P (which is exactly what I was after.)

Copper

What country are you in?
US?

Still showing $150 online for me here in Texas. And the local stores are telling me $150 also.

Yes in the US. I physically walked in, asked if they are doing any specials with the PS4 Pro and he said "yeah we are doing $200 trade in for original PS4's".

Hopefully he was true on his world when I come in tomorrow morning to pick it up.

Top Bottom