• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch running Breath of The Wild on Jimmy Fallon

Interfectum

thisisneogaf.gif

For the record, it's not his excitement that bothers me. It's the fact that it's fake as hell and way overplayed.

You mean to tell me he had no clue they had brought the Switch? Or that Miyamofo was sitting in his audience? Of course he knew. Which made his forced "OOOOOOOOOOOOH GODDDDDD THE FEELS!" just dumb. Play the fucking game. Say it's fantastic or whatever. But quit acting like they'd promised you free handjobs for life.

Why are you so bitter?

ookami

He was legit shacking from excitement there, hehe.
Yeah sure... So you're telling me that he wasn't aware of the HDMI cable to the projector and the power supply from the "Switch base" ? :)
They were just acting. Though it was cool to have the Switch really display the game unlike in the preview trailer.

M-PG71C

I'm loving the positive reaction to the Switch. As a life-long Nintendo fan, it is in my gaming interest to see it do well. I just can't imagine gaming without a Nintendo console!

It is going to pair well with my PS4, can't wait!

Alebrije

miyamotof9qc9.gif

Miyamoto doesn't hold back.

WiiU story....

orioto

Good Art™
If i was worried about something it would be the switch screen contrast. Looked kinda tepid i hope it's a good lcd.

Also yeah Fallon is unbearable. I can believe he's a true gamer and all, but the way he's acting like he's going to have a seizure.. This is so fake. And the whole thing is soooo cringey i have to stop watching at some point. I mean Reggis is literally shitting his pants from stage fright and Miyamoto is acting like everything is so cool and he's getting the jokes when he has no clue where he is :p It feels like none of those 3 people are meant to be there.

Switch is going to be huge. Nintendo is firing on all cylinders right now between marketing and the system itself. If they don't botch the January reveal this thing is going to be sold out everywhere.
Yeah it'll be sold out because they'll ship a handful to stores and call it a day. Gotta keep the artificial hype flowing.

clem84

Gold Member
I was intrigued by the concept but had no plans to get it at launch but now I actually really want to get one.

For some reason it didn't clue into me that the 'switch' part is what it is. You literally just pick it up out of the base & you're gaming on the screen? And then it's a portable.

That is fucking cool as all get-out

Edit - I thought perhaps the Switch advert did some editing tricks where there was a delay or something.

Scrawnton

For some reason it didn't clue into me that the 'switch' part is what it is. You literally just pick it up out of the base & you're gaming on the screen? And then it's a portable.

That is fucking cool as all get-out

Did I watch the reveal trailer because that's been the main feature of the system from the get go. It's a fantastic idea and I like it. It makes me hope they sell the dock on its own so I can move it throughout my house.

G.ZZZ

It actually confirms you can play it outside in sunlight and it'll look okay because it's brighter on stage in a studio than it is outside.

No. No studio is as bright inside as outside on a sunny day. Well-lit rooms usually stand at 1/100th of the actual daylight luminosity (from 200 to 1000 lux vs 50000-100000), it's just that our eyes are very good at adapting to different light conditions. To get a similar luminosity as an actual outside light, you'd need a high-efficiency 400W lightbulb for each sqm of a room. So a 200 mq studio (10X20) would need 80 kW of illumination. I'm no expert on studio illumination but i'm pretty sure they don't spend that much energy on illumination alone.

PrimeBeef

TBH I wouldn't really be surprised if Nintendo has deliberately decided not to improve any of the graphics in BotW outside of framerate because they don't want to make the Wii U version look bad.

It's the art style/direction of BotW. It's not going to look vastly different(better) on a more powerful system.

Did I watch the reveal trailer because that's been the main feature of the system from the get go. It's a fantastic idea and I like it. It makes me hope they sell the dock on its own so I can move it throughout my house.

lol I know dude, that's why I edited what I said. I thought they used some editing gimmickery. Like how the GTA V gameplay reveal trailer showed you switching between characters way faster than how it actually works in-game.

Nope, you literally pick it up and it's on the screen. It was really cool to see it demoed live.

I have so much confidence in Nintendo at this point, this just looks like a runaway hit waiting to fuck some shit up.

Scrawnton

lol I know dude, that's why I edited what I said. I thought they used some editing gimmickery. Like how the GTA V gameplay reveal trailer showed you switching between characters way faster than how it actually works in-game.

Nope, you literally pick it up and it's on the screen. It was really cool to see it demoed live.

I have so much confidence in Nintendo at this point, this just looks like a runaway hit waiting to fuck some shit up.

Sorry! And i was actually shocked about the quickness too. I remember they never showed the Wii U actually running before release and I was blind sided by the load times and how clunky it was. This already looks promising.

Top Bottom