• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perineum

Had to give up on side quests. Too many same same things. Game has had 0 challenge for anyone remotely comfortable with video games IMO.

When I beat a 54 "mega" boss monster out in the wild at level 28 I knew this game wasn't meant to challenge me. Most monsters that take a bit to kill are just HP soaks, and really don't rely on any real strategy. It was my biggest beef with the Duscae demo---game felt it played itself almost. I actively have to do commands in the full product which I am thankful for, but I wish it had a Hard mode where if a character goes into 0 health, they die there instead of you are invincible for using a healing item. That would be a game changer.

I realized too that since I could never complete Witcher 3 due to the sheer amount of side content I had to give up on this game's side content, and press on. I'm now level 43 and on Chapter 9. Just going full force with the story and saying screw the side stuff.

lt519

Give Prompto Adamantite Bangle for 9,999 HP, still first one to die in every single fight. C'mon man, just stay alive for like 5 seconds.

When I beat a 54 "mega" boss monster out in the wild at level 28 I knew this game wasn't meant to challenge me. Most monsters that take a bit to kill are just HP soaks, and really don't rely on any real strategy. It was my biggest beef with the Duscae demo---game felt it played itself almost. I actively have to do commands in the full product which I am thankful for, but I wish it had a Hard mode where if a character goes into 0 health, they die there instead of you are invincible for using a healing item. That would be a game changer.

They really should have done away with the animations for items in battle. I use them as sequence breaks all the time when an enemy is going to do a powerful move. They could make it a lot harder by not allowing that type of thing (sequence breaks with techniques too). The combat is fun, but its really just Noctis dancing around and using his bros as meat shields because the AI is so bad and their moves are basically useless. The only thing I do use is I give Promto a Gravity Well and have him suck all the enemies in for Gladios to use a Tempest with that greatsword that does more damage when surrounded by enemies. It wrecks pretty hard.

LotusHD

Banned
I thought the worst part of the game was A Sleeping Menace In Costlemark and the 100 floor dungeon but boy was I wrong...

The secret dungeon is on a whole different level! Whoever designed it should be slapped

It freakin took me 6 hours to complete it and no, it was not fun. It was tedious from start to end

If you want someone to suffer, let him/her play this dungeon

This so much. I ended up hating it after awhile.

Had to give up on side quests. Too many same same things. Game has had 0 challenge for anyone remotely comfortable with video games IMO.

I realized too that since I could never complete Witcher 3 due to the sheer amount of side content I had to give up on this game's side content, and press on. I'm now level 43 and on Chapter 9. Just going full force with the story and saying screw the side stuff.

If you want challenge...it comes post game. Be warned

Finished chapter 13 in about 1.5 hours. Don't know if it was because I was over leveled but between the three different ring moves I was able to get to the sword fairly quickly. I really said..."that's it?" I suppose I can see people disliking that part but to say it's one of the worest sections in a game ever made. Hmmmmmm. Anyways. Chapter 14 it is.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I hate how short the day cycle is. I wish it was doubled.

the world is not nearly big enough, so they discourage you from doing anything at night since you can sleep and reset. and the aforementioned lore reasons.

velcry

Man you guys have me really sweating chapter 13. Sounds like Square Enix fucked it up royally.

It's bad. It almost made me put the game down and shelve it. I want to erase it from my mind so that the accumulated frustration can evaporate away like morning mist.

You ever play MGS4? You remember the part where
Snake had to crawl through a microwave machine
? This was like that, but spread out over an hour +, and without any emotional payoff.

Adaren

Still in Ch. 8, but took a break to do some side quests and got caught up in Crestholm Channels.

One of the more positive experiences I've had in the game thus far. It was the first memorable dungeon. The combat against enemy hordes in the tight corridors kind of sucked (was literally hold L1 and do QTEs non stop) but the mid-boss was alright. The layout was memorable, and it was fun to explore and stumble on new paths.

I unlocked the last boss, but he was 1 shotting my bros all over the place. Furthermore, I already feel like I'm higher level than I want to be (46), so I'm going to try to pull myself away from him and get back to the main quest. Maybe I'll go back and do him when I'm higher level and more prepared, which should make for a smoother and more satisfying fight.

Also, Ignis bugged and became invisible and silent for like an hour. It was kind of nice, actually.

lt519

looked up how to max out gladio's skill and it involves putting a rubber band around my analog stick and having noctis run in circles

I'm at 9.5 after 55 hours without doing that. Last trophy I need so I'm just running around doing hunts for another 1-2 hours to finish it off. I was gonna cheese it but if you really focus on traversing by foot it'll level at the same rate as photography.

Or you could fast travel everywhere and then rubber band overnight, I wouldn't blame ya :p

Fighting the Sir Tonberries right now, good lord its like fighting two Yodas. They are dancing around with light sabers and doing 9999 damage.

edit: omfg, I killed one, the other was at 10% health and I knocked it out of the "mission circle" and since it turned to day it ended the fight and I didn't get mission completion.

Geg

Finally advancing through the story and made it through chapter 9. Now I can see what some people were talking about with a general lack of polish in the way the story's presented. Everything just feels slightly off in a way that's hard to explain. There definitely needed to be a few extra cutscenes throughout the first part of the game to help with the buildup to this part.

Boss fight was fun though.

silva1991

Wow, elemental weapons are the way to go against bombs. My flame blade has weak attack points(~100) compared tom my ultima(~333) so I haven't used it in a very long time.

I was having trouble against high level ice bombs until I used fire blade and they kept dying left and right.

Dartastic

Now that I've finished the game I can tell you that is totally useless to wait, the problems of chapter 13 can't be patched since the problem is in the nature of the chapter itself.
It's just a bad and really boring dungeon that lasts for too long to actually replace what should have been a fully explorable imperial city that they didn't have enough time to develop.
In an ideal world the game development would have been completed after chapter 9 with Tenebrae, Gralea and Insomnia all explorable like Altissia and with many mainline story missions and cutscenes fully explaining the story like it deserved.
Instead the game development got wrapped up and they tried to end to tell the story with chapters 12-13-14.
It's basically MGSV all over again.

Waiting for a couple of added cutscenes next year or that they make the
ring
more powerful won't change anything. Just go on and finish the game, you're almost there.
THIS CHAPTER IS WAY TOO FUCKING LONG. I'VE BEEEN PLAYING THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF NOW. RUNNING DOWN A FUCKING CORRIDOR WITH NOTHING HAPPENING AND SORTA HAVING NO WEAPONS AND HAVING TO CHEEZE SHIT. UGH THIS IS BAD.

You literally can't fix this without cutting the length in half. It's way too long.

lt519

Sir Tonberry is a bad ass motherfucker

jM131Wb.gif

edit: just watching this GIF, man the game play is soooooo smooth. Avoided that barrage, Prompto fires a weapon while falling backwards then Ignis tries to charge slide while I warp strike, we all converge at the same moment and just get NOPED by a chef's knife.

Level actually does make a difference, as does equipping MAG stat items.

I mean even if my level made it a bit easier, It still felt like a dungeon with a unique gameplay element before getting the sword. Just gonna add myself to folks that didn't hate that chapter. Def a very divisive chapter.

Lightning

Banned
Okay WTF at these post game dungeons. Their annoying as fuck.
I'm not sure this Black Hood accessory is worth it as that place you need to go to get it belongs in a fucking Tomb Raider game... Can't believe how long that shit takes and S-E's stupid system of sending me back to the beginning for missing a jump. Just fuck off.

Edzi

Okay, I'm in ch. 14 but I think I'm pretty underleveled. Noctis is lvl 41, the guys are around 37 and they were all getting killed really quickly in ch. 13. I had to beat (ch 13 boss spoiler)
Ravus
on my own since everyone else kept dying, and on top of that I'm broke.

What's the best and fastest way to make money and grind exp?

ramyeon

Okay, I'm in ch. 14 but I think I'm pretty underleveled. Noctis is lvl 41, the guys are around 37 and they were all getting killed really quickly in ch. 13. I had to beat (ch 13 boss spoiler) *redacted* on my own since everyone else kept dying, and on top of that I'm broke.

What's the best and fastest way to make money and grind exp?
Who needs spoiler tags am I right?

silva1991

What the hell? either I can't pause while fighting
Daemonwall
or my option button is broken.

I came back to my room only to see game over screen :"(

Yeah I love this game, but seriously WTF in Chapter 8 now I believe, but what in the heck is up with these transitions, I'm in one place, then suddenly somewhere else doing something serious, but there's absolutely no build up, just fade to black and I'm there. That type of shit is indefensible, like seriously.

KyleCross

Congratulations, how does it feel?

Honestly? A bit empty. Due to the games story only being around 26 hours for me it kinda felt... undeserved y'know? All the other FFs seem so much longer that I thought whenever I did finally beat one would feel incredibly rewarding, but not this one. I pumped a good 50 hours into both FFX and FFXII each and never finished them.

Yeah I love this game, but seriously WTF in Chapter 8 now I believe, but what in the heck is up with these transitions, I'm in one place, then suddenly somewhere else doing something serious, but there's absolutely no build up, just fade to black and I'm there. That type of shit is indefensible, like seriously.

Better get used to it...... :p

My party might jump up to level 60 before even hitting chapter 4 >_>

I'm trying to complete every sidequest and hunt before I move on, I gotta do everything! Sitting on 150,000 EXP right now, and I'm itching to stay at Galdin for the 2X bonus.
Having someone tell me there's a 3X bonus after chapter 9 made me like ehhhh

Ferr986

Finished Ch.10. Why

Noctis and Gladio are acting like spoiled brats? :(

I already miss the feelgood road trip.

The Leviathan fight was absurdly bad too, and I barely did anything in Altissia, thinkin I would be there a long time :(

Btw I totally expected the Ignis stuff, the intro practically spoils it. Already noticed it when played the JD demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom