• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE Revelations - Rachel Joins as Playable Character in Raid Mode, Two New Enemies

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
1363706505-logo-resident-evil-revelations.gif

Face The Fear On-Board in Resident Evil Revelations

We’re pleased to confirm that Rachel, who made her debut in the 3DS release of Resident Evil Revelations, will be joining Hunk as a brand new playable character in Raid Mode. PAX EAST attendees this week will also be able to play as both new characters for the first time on the Capcom booth #948.

Resident Evil Revelations features two brand new enemies, including the Wall Blister and a surprise new creature that appears in Raid Mode once players have reached a certain level.

Wii U players will be able to face the fear on-board using three different play styles. Play with the TV and access your map and weapons on the GamePad or switch the GamePad out for a Wii U pro controller. Alternatively transfer all the horror just to the GamePad as the title utilizes Off TV play.

Wii U players will get further exclusives through the Miiverse feature. Players can post a dying message from the Game Over screen for other players around the world to see and you can taunt your friends with the ‘Creatures Voice’ function, allowing enemies in Raid Mode to have their thoughts personalised. Screens of all the Wii U functions can be downloaded here.

Resident Evil Revelations supports Residentevil.net with online events and in-game connectivity planned for after launch. Exclusive dioramas of the game’s characters and enemies can be collected through the online service. Earn custom parts and weapons for use in Raid Mode and items for Campaign Mode.

Resident Evil Revelations will be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Wii U across North America on May 21 and Europe on May 24.

Jawmuncher

Rachel playable?
Awesome. Was wondering why she didnt make it in the first time. I hope they add a few more characters from the history of RE though. Would be cool to see Carlos, Billy, all of those forgotten characters.

It bothers me how her hair covers her eyes constantly. Also her teeth appear rotten even in human form.

Also.

Can't wait!

Also.

Add these to RE6 mercs.

Ridley327

Also, those Miiverse features sound awesome, especially the personal thoughts for your bounty monster.

And yet another new monster? Capcom is definitely spending more effort on this than we thought.

Will there be an unlockable costume where she gets a haircut so she can see?

Can't wait to double dip, best RE I've played in a long time.

Was really puzzled that she wasn't playable in the 3DS release. Good to see that's been remedied.

Outfit is still ridiculous as ever, though.

Ridley327

Also, I should caution people that those screenshots do spoil what the final boss looks like, although he got a completely different model from what was on the 3DS version.

JoeFu

Banned
Dang I didn't want to double dip but I loved Revelaitons. Glad to see Capcom announce more and more new features.

Also, I should caution people that those screenshots do spoil what the final boss looks like, although he got a completely different model from what was on the 3DS version.

Well you kinda just spoiled it I guess since I would've never have known that since I never played the original. I thought they were just normal enemies.

I'm still pissed about the no Wii Remote controls thing. HOW can Capcom not realize what that control scheme did for RE4? The closest we've had since was the Move implementation in R5 gold (and ONLY Gold) but the Move pointer just...isn't the same.

/rantwhine

AAK

I'm still pissed about the no Wii Remote controls thing. HOW can Capcom not realize what that control scheme did for RE4? The closest we've had since was the Move implementation in R5 gold (and ONLY Gold) but the Move pointer just...isn't the same.

/rantwhine

The move controls were REALLY good. I have no idea why they didn't implement it here.

I should give up hoping for 3D support on Wii U games, shouldn't I? There's been, what, one? I want the Wii U features... but I also want 3D...

Do I triple dip? Fuck. What is this, an RE game? Maybe I'm just making up for not buying RE6 once yet (and insisting on waiting for a price cut for the PC version before I do).

I'm going to triple dip (already have the 3DS version), espescially if this is in 7.1 on PC. Arse burglars.

Jawmuncher

WiiU version looks like the way to go.
Wonder if there'll be any limited or collectors editions. If not ill just buy the WiiU and the other 2 later.

Boobs. Sale +1

Anyway creatures look awesome. And seems gaffers like this game so I'll probably get it. But where are her eyes?

And do I detect spoilers about this Rachel character?

This needs some TressFX so she can see.

Seriously. Blonde just highlights how horrible it looks. How do we ever go back to wax hair after the gorgeousness that is Lara + Tressfx?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I should give up hoping for 3D support on Wii U games, shouldn't I? There's been, what, one? I want the Wii U features... but I also want 3D...

Do I triple dip? Fuck. What is this, an RE game? Maybe I'm just making up for not buying RE6 once yet (and insisting on waiting for a price cut for the PC version before I do).

I'm going to triple dip (already have the 3DS version), espescially if this is in 7.1 on PC. Arse burglars.

If RE6 ever drops to 15 bucks I would totally recommend grabbing it, if anything just for the mercenaries, even though co-oping the main campaign is also rather fun. RE6 mercs however is a whole new level of heart pounding gameplay. Especially if you love arcade style games. I am honestly surprised capcom never bothered to turn mercs into a cabinet arcade game it would fit perfectly in there.

Arklite

Jessica is even stupider

This is the game where she says something like "Me and my sweet ass are on their way" while looking like a Winter fashion model in a mission with Chris. You guys can't possibly be expecting anything sane/practical.

This is the game where she says something like "Me and my sweet ass are on their way" while looking like a Winter fashion model in a mission with Chris. You guys can't possibly be expecting anything sane/practical.
I got off the sane train after RE3

Still going to call a spade a spade

Jawmuncher

That part was so ridiculous I loved it.

Ridley327

Boobs. Sale +1

Anyway creatures look awesome. And seems gaffers like this game so I'll probably get it. But where are her eyes?

And do I detect spoilers about this Rachel character?

There really aren't any spoilers with Rachel; her fate has been a known factor since the demo that came with Mercs 3D. Hell, the actual story stuff about her isn't even in the actual game.

Will double dip with the wiiU, because the 3ds one was fantastic a capcom needs to know it. Also the wiiu verdion looks good and has some fun little exclusives, an dat screen menu control method just like the 3ds. Hope it uses the scan in exactly the sane way as zombiU

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So one can have a monster going around gargling "ooh 'ows your father?" before ripping someone's head off?

If RE6 ever drops to 15 bucks I would totally recommend grabbing it, if anything just for the mercenaries, even though co-oping the main campaign is also rather fun. RE6 mercs however is a whole new level of heart pounding gameplay. Especially if you love arcade style games. I am honestly surprised capcom never bothered to turn mercs into a cabinet arcade game it would fit perfectly in there.

I do, and I'm going to. Basically, first steam sale I'll probably pick it up. I've never not at least double dipped an RE game before. So RE6 was a weird experience for me. I can't turn away from the thought of REvelations in 3D and 7.1 on PC though, and those Wii U extras look like a blast... I still play Raid mode from time to time even still.

Top Bottom