• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE Revelations - Rachel Joins as Playable Character in Raid Mode, Two New Enemies

Ridley327

So one can have a monster going around gargling "ooh 'ows your father?" before ripping someone's head off?

In the game of someone else, yes!

For those not in the know, Raid Mode has a feature in it where when you successfully complete a mission with another player, you'll get a mission (basically, an in-game achievement) that will spawn a unique monster in another mission that will feature that player's name above its head. Killing them tends to give you some nice equipment out of the deal, and the Wii U stuff makes it even better by giving them something hilarious to say.

Don't you know? The only way to survive the zombie apocalypse is to be tackily dressed.
Worked for Jill
Jill_re3big_lg.jpg
Everyone is a follower.

Meier

LMAO at that character design. Patently absurd. How can she even see?! Her hair is completely covering her face in every image that shows it.

p.s. The enemies in this game look wild!

Ridley327

She has no character to speak of

She's less developed than Bravo Squad

Anyone playing RE:R for the first time to experience the characterization is probably going to be at least somewhat immensely disappointed; even Chris and Jill are thinner than usual in that department.

Arklite

Besides for boobs why did anyone like her character again?

That and she had early victim status/mystery if you saw the original trailers and later made for a cool boss (also revealed in trailers).

LMAO at that character design. Patently absurd. How can she even see?! Her hair is completely covering her face in every image that shows it.

Hah, flashbacks to the old threads.

Anyone playing RE:R for the first time to experience the characterization is probably going to be at least somewhat immensely disappointed; even Chris and Jill are thinner than usual in that department.

After RE6, my expectations in the story/character department are set to "negative"

Hale-XF11

Seems logical to throw her into the multiplayer mix, since she doesn't do much else in the original game other than die.

Been playing lots of Raid mode lately. Even though I've unlocked everything already, it still pulls me back in. I guess I just love going raiding.

I remember a trailer showing
Rachel dying
....but I don't remember that scene in the game. Did I miss it or was it just for a trailer?

Ridley327

I remember a trailer showing
Rachel dying
....but I don't remember that scene in the game. Did I miss it or was it just for a trailer?

Yeah, they made a special promotional trailer that isn't featured at all in the game that has the entirety of Rachel's portion of the story.

jaz013

Banned
Still need to finish the 3DS version...

Somebody know which controls are supported on the WiiU? Pointer controls would be a blessing..

Arklite

If they're playing it after 6, maybe the light characterization will make it an improvement for some. Revelations characters aren't really any thinner than they were in the classics.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I do, and I'm going to. Basically, first steam sale I'll probably pick it up. I've never not at least double dipped an RE game before. So RE6 was a weird experience for me. I can't turn away from the thought of REvelations in 3D and 7.1 on PC though, and those Wii U extras look like a blast... I still play Raid mode from time to time even still.

Hmmm now that you mention it, I just realized I've purchased RE4 5 different times.

Once for gamecube, once for PS2, again for PS2 due to losing the copy, once for PC when I went to college and forgot to bring my PS2 and finally the HD release on PS3.

And yes, I actually did purchase the PC version in its box and everything. It's not a horrible port...if you play with a controller and grab some mods.

dreamfall

I'm ready for some Rachel- her appearance in the first game felt a little short, it'll be funny to actually play as her. I still remember her reveal trailer- hair over the eyes, ooze, etc.

Somnid

Capcom really wants me to buy the Wii U version. It's hit nearly every note in needs to to be perfect and for that I can only comply. Had a lot of fun with this on 3DS.

Wonder what the new surprise monster is going to be. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a classic RE monster like Nemesis or something.

I forget, does this game have any sort of single system co op? Me and my girlfriend will probably pick this up if it does, if not we'll likely pass. Liked the 3DS version, but man Raid Mode is worthless singleplayer, and screw randoms.

Wii U version, by the way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK. Back home so now I can see the pictures.

So the thoughts are simply thought bubbles. Was kind of hoping one could record their voice through a filter. Still it's an amusing addition.

And now I understand the breast comments HA HA.

rvy

Banned
Is this release still FPS when shooting? I didn't like the look of that in the 3DS version. I like my RE4 angles.

Kazerei

Banned
Sounds good. I thought it would be a quick port to cash in on RE's recent popularity, but it seems like Capcom is actually putting some effort in. Wow.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Screens of the Wii U modes:

Creatures Voice

Death Message

Gamepad

Awesome, but looking forward to seeing how all the versions compare side to side. Regardless, I will probably just wait for a sale since I have the original 3ds game.

Anteo

Is this release still FPS when shooting? I didn't like the look of that in the 3DS version. I like my RE4 angles.

Just go to the options an change it, they were kind enough to program both ways of aiming for us. I guess the new HD version will be the same, no reason to take that option out.

Edit: Should have refreshed the page before posting =/

Ridley327

what is those texts?

In the game of someone else, yes!

For those not in the know, Raid Mode has a feature in it where when you successfully complete a mission with another player, you'll get a mission (basically, an in-game achievement) that will spawn a unique monster in another mission that will feature that player's name above its head. Killing them tends to give you some nice equipment out of the deal, and the Wii U stuff makes it even better by giving them something hilarious to say.

GenericUser

To all 3DS and PS3 or 360 owners: If you compare this game to the size and ambitions of RE4 (or other recent console re titles), how does it hold up? I really consider picking this up, but I don't know if you can feel the "handheldiness" like you could with peace walker or silent hill origins.

Top Bottom