• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to.....(we beg for updates on various GAFfers and their threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Wollan was a Sony & PS3 fanboy. He got perma banned.

DCharlie quit GAF, or seriously reduced posting like his other GAF pals who live in Japan, Jonnyram, CVXfreak, Sp0rsk etc.

Who remembers the old school GAF?

Demi, Mr. Angry Face, DrinkyCrow. I know DrinkyCrow had a baby and has the magic powers to still post even though I think he's banned.

those were the days :(

Whatever happened to Sentry and Atramental?
My attention and time have been primarily spent on work since I graduated from college in May.

I'm currently working for two companies, a web design firm and a small marketing firm, and hopefully by early or mid 2014 I'll have enough money to put a downpayment on a modest house.

Socreges

Banned
I was a lurker at the time, but as I recall, the basic situation was that Amir0x and his father were being bled dry paying for his mother's medical treatments. Amir0x came to GAF to ask for help and got in in spades, which freed him up to start saving money for himself, again. Most of it was going toward bills and saving for a wedding, but he set aside something like $50/week (not THAT much, as his job's a pretty sweet gig, from what I understand) and saved up enough to go nuts on Oxycontin during election week - as he hadn't done anything, drug-wise, for a few years, due to his mother. EviLore, who gave more than anybody, wasn't exactly MAD about it, but he did say that it was in pretty poor taste, and not very smart, to advertise to GAFfers that their money had aided in the purchase of drugs, even if it wasn't their money, specifically, that was spent on the drugs.

How it didn't cross his mind that it was, effectively, charitable money that he had spent on said drugs is probably best explained by simple reference to the fact that you're dealing with a mind that looks at a big cache of Oxycontin as a major reward after a long ordeal.
I'm curious. For a guy (Amir0x) that's been known to be deceptive and manipulative, what are the odds that he told people the whole truth about how much he spent on drugs or when he used them?

Whatever happened to the young, fine chap on the right?

width_650.height_300.mode_FillAreaWithCrop.pos_Default.color_White.jpg

Oh wait... he stopped wasting time on GAF and moved on to greater things like...Graduating from Yale, working for Hilary Clinton and becoming the spokesperson for UNICEF and accomplishing the greatest achievement a GAFer can ever achieve.

selena_gomez_ronan_farrow1.jpg

...Fucking Selena Fucking Gomez!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I was going to say 'whatever happened to Draft', but seems he's still active. Miss that Itagaki avatar though!
Others from years past that seem to have stopped posting are Ethelred and RevenantKioku

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Oh wait... he stopped wasting time on GAF and moved on to greater things like...Graduating from Yale, working for Hilary Clinton and becoming the spokesperson for UNICEF and accomplishing the greatest achievement a GAFer can ever achieve.

what is this story? i missed this completely.

Do any of you guys know what happened to Soultron? I mean.., I know he's banned but I don't know the reason. He always came across as an extremely nice guy.

Soultron is around and still posting.

Ah well, then it means he's more busy with his "real" life which it always will be great.

I don't know why, but I was pretty sure he was permabanned. I'm glad I was wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

This man got game.

Exotoro

Whatever happened to that dude who was friends with a stripper and then was asked to film her and her boyfriend having sex?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hey guys,

I don't know where to start - just going to keep this short. I've written long updates over and over again, but I just can't seem to make a finished product.

I'm thirteen months sober, back living in Vermont. I'm going back to school - was on the Dean's List last semester. Holding down two jobs, hoping to stay in school over the summer break and get an internship in addition to taking classes.

My depression and anxiety are the best they've ever been. I got extensive, intense professional help - I'm in the best place I've ever been, mentally.

I see my sister and mother frequently - our relationships are secure and healthy. I actually make enough money now to send them surprises and buy groceries, do little things when I can. My mom's unemployment ran out recently, so I'm grateful to be in a position where I can help out - even slightly.

I'll give the longer story when I can. Things got crazy in Arizona. While 2012 was the worst year of my life (NeoGAF being one of the few bright spots), 2013 was definitely the best. I've got a tremendous amount to be grateful for today. Not only have my circumstances changed for the better in ways I cannot fully appreciate, but I feel sane. I am by no means out of the woods - I have to work each day to maintain my sobriety and stay humble - but I love my life today.

Love,

Scott
Awesome! Keep it up mang.

What happened to that Gaffer who was like a super LOTR loremaster? What was his name, Edmond Cartes or something? Just vanished one day.

liquidtmd

Banned
I want to know what and where that guy who broke in the cute and innocent Nintendogs themed thread and started graphically descibing what he'd do to the OP's significant other is.

I bet he's an accountant or in local government.

Hey guys,

I don't know where to start - just going to keep this short. I've written long updates over and over again, but I just can't seem to make a finished product.

I'm thirteen months sober, back living in Vermont. I'm going back to school - was on the Dean's List last semester. Holding down two jobs, hoping to stay in school over the summer break and get an internship in addition to taking classes.

My depression and anxiety are the best they've ever been. I got extensive, intense professional help - I'm in the best place I've ever been, mentally.

I see my sister and mother frequently - our relationships are secure and healthy. I actually make enough money now to send them surprises and buy groceries, do little things when I can. My mom's unemployment ran out recently, so I'm grateful to be in a position where I can help out - even slightly.

I'll give the longer story when I can. Things got crazy in Arizona. While 2012 was the worst year of my life (NeoGAF being one of the few bright spots), 2013 was definitely the best. I've got a tremendous amount to be grateful for today. Not only have my circumstances changed for the better in ways I cannot fully appreciate, but I feel sane. I am by no means out of the woods - I have to work each day to maintain my sobriety and stay humble - but I love my life today.

Love,

Scott

Great news, my man. Keep us posted.

Cyan

Banned
What happened to that Gaffer who was like a super LOTR loremaster? What was his name, Edmond Cartes or something? Just vanished one day.
Dantes. Edmond Dantes as in the Count of Monte Cristo.

No one knows. He vanished from GAF about a year ago. Some of the mods engaged in a little bit of internet detective work to see if we could find him, since we were a little worried, but we weren't able to turn up anything.

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom