• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dEvAnGeL

i have to say that of all the games coming out this was the one i was least interested in, it sucks for those that were buying s ps4 just for this game ( in case the rumor gets confirmed ) if that's the case i guess sony would have to replace that game with another one on ps+ since that pretty much has been their hook throughout the year, i hope this is not true for those interested in the title, man i would go bananas if GG came out and said that K:SF was getting delayed o_O

ViciousDS

Banned
Excuse me but how could this game be in a bad shape?

untitled-1s7u5w.gif

dc_timelapse_chile_audi_r8_prores2.gif

dc_timelapse_chile_audi_r8_prores3.gif

Doesn't look bad....but how many cars can you count in each video.......yes just 1, I think they do need the extra time as much as I really WANTED to play this launch day.

Will be interesting to what gamestop does since it was part of my order bundle.

Shaneus

I love the genre, i just have very little hope this game will be any good based of what i have seen so far and ive seen every video i could find. It looks rough and unfinished. Which is why i am so flabbergasted that there is so much outrage that it may be delayed. I am sure some people looked forward to it, but its being treated like its Halo 5, Mario Kart, Call of Duty or something.
Few things:
1) I agree that it hasn't looked great but I think my hope is more on the pedigree of the people working on it (both in terms of Motorstorm and that the guy who directed my favourite PGR game is working at Evo), not solely on what we've seen thus far.
2) I'm surprised at the outrage too. Make no bones, I'm disappointed as hell that this isn't a launch title, but I can see why it's not and to be honest I'm not upset that it's been pushed back to make it better. The biggest thing that concerns me is as a staunch objector to the strategies MS/T10 have gone through in both producing and marketing Forza 5, it'll get far more credit than it deserves purely because it's the only (exclusive) driving/racing game available at launch for either console. And that frustrates the living hell out of me.

I'm hoping that it's not as much of a delay as people are speculating ("Spring" is another 6 months away, isn't it?) because if it's not available for at least the honeymoon period of the first few months, I'm fearful that rather than selling on both being a good game AND being a launch title, it'll be grouped with the first big batch of third-party titles and get lost in the crowd.

Almost everyone who has played it said there were issues. All the videos they have put out have been rather nice, so I don't know if maybe they were showing vertical slices that looked as intended.
Hasn't everybody played that same old (Gamescom?) build though? Following the threads here at least shows off some newer footage, including whats in these gifs. We've only recently seen the day/night transitions and first run AA.

Well you get to find out whether there are any obvious hardware or service issues on the consoles themselves, comparisons of multiplatform performance and reviews on the first wave of titles.

Its a smart move overall, but many of us here are impatient tech enthusiasts ;P

Been waiting years for these consoles. I used my reasoning to pick which console to buy. The rest is impatience :)

Spongebob

Banned
Almost everyone who has played it said there were issues. All the videos they have put out have been rather nice, so I don't know if maybe they were showing vertical slices that looked as intended.
The most up-to-date build that has been playable was the one from gamescom, the footage in those GIFs is from a newer build.

All in all delays are good... if you have the right team working on the game

Just imagine how good the game might look like with a good decent delay.... we even might reach the image quality from the February Playstation Meeting
driveclub-gif.gif

#HashTag included

VanWinkle

I'm actually really interested in this game. It just stinks that its not launch anymore, but I guess its good that a better game will come from it.

GodofWine

If you want to race against ghosts it seems perfect.
But with a few weeks out and we have not seen any actual gameplay of races, let alone online competition I would be surprised if it was not delayed.

Im starting to think they found a major technical issue, one they know how to fix, but not quickly. If it was just content or managing 12 cars at once, they might still be able to give us the two tracks and 3 cars and call it a time trial competition with prizes (gt academy lite).

ah well...ive reached acceptance...cmon 15th, daddy want kz and BF4 (this delay may have saved my bf4 order.)

solarus

Well shit. Xbone crushes the ps4 lineup now.
Sony is like a runner who slows down at the end of the race puts his hands up to celebrate and gets overtaken at the finish line,

Well, this is really shitty if true. First they have to deal with the Watch Dogs delay fallout and then they have one of their own tent-pole first party launch titles delayed. Not the end of the world, but it certainly doesn't look good either. Less than a month out from the release and a big launch title may be delayed, it isn't pretty anyway you slice it. It'll a tough sell. However, I wouldn't be surprised if part of the decision to delay the game came from Sony wanting to spread out the release of games after launch. Keep early next year (assuming the delay is to spring of 2014) solid with new games in DriveClub and Infamous, plus Watch Dogs now. Killzone, Knack and everything else can probably hold steady for a few months.

The One launch lineup will likely look a lot stronger to a lot of people if this is legit.

frizby

How does Driveclub look bad as a game? It doesn't look to be any better or worse than any of the other semi-arcade racing game out there.

Other than lighting, both Need for Speed and more importantly Forza looked better to me.

That doesn't translate to "bad", but it might translate to "not good enough". I'm glad they're taking the time.

same game?
fist gif looks god damm like hell

second and third just like crap

mabye the first is a cinnematic and the 2 other real gameplay?
in that case i understand why some1 would say that...

first is from the PS Meeting... so in-engine
the other two are from a recent direct feed but they still looks impressive
Of course there is some aliasing (which evolution said they where adressing) on the car but the environment/pavement and lighting is superb in my opinion

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So no-one would ever rate DC close to a 90 score, given that vast amounts of outlets have given all Motorstorm *and* PGR games 90+? Or are we talking about Metacritic averages, where sites like "*****" and "Game Revolution" factor into play as much as 1UP and Eurogamer?

Actually, Eurogamer is one of the sites driving DOWN the Metacritic average of both Motorstorm and Motorstorm: PR. MS got an 80 from them, and MS:pR got a 70.

So what you said is wrong, dead wrong.

Other reputable sites scoring MS:pR poorly:

Edge 70, TheSixthAxis 60, the Official Playstation Magazine 60.. and hell Game Informer gave it a 73. 11 out of 63 reviews were 90+, and 5 of those sites I've never heard of.

Apocalypse got only 1 90+ and that was Gaming Nexus. Yeah, I don't know them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom