• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Central Fiction announced! (BB4)

-New playable characters: Hibiki Kohaku and Naoto Kurogane (from Bloodedge novels).
-First loke test on July 19 and 20th .

They announced it just now in the Bururaji fan festival, they showed a teaser/trailer, expect it very soon.

6dddb8a1dwsz3.jpg

TRAILER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxXGVJSINHk

Stuart444

New proper BB with hopefully an end to the story? (I want it done before sales tank enough that they stop making it >_> )

This news makes me very happy.

Shin

Banned
I'm surprised they didn't go with UE4/3D models like GG3rd, that's a lot of characters (or at least it looks like it).

Tizoc

WHERE IS JUBEI?!?!!?

New characters are pretty meh, kinda bummed they're still using the same graphics engine/style but eh it cuts down on cost :V

Will wait for Extended ver. of this.

Stuart444

I guess they are saving Jubei for the last one? (Assuming this one isn't the last one)

Until we find out otherwise, I am hoping it's the last one of the current story at least. And like I said above...
Maybe Jubei will be DLC. I mean he's one of the most requested characters so being DLC/being in the next extended version with his own storyline doesn't seem far fetched tbh.

Isotope

Yoooooo, playable Nine? And the new characters looking like fun to play as. I think I'll wait for the Extend version this time around though (Unless I get weak and buy the JP version Day 1, which is likely ;_;)

Stuart444

I don't foresee a new style until the current Blazblue arc is completed. Then who knows, if they continue the series, maybe new cast with new art/graphical style and stuff?

We'll see.

Stuart444

Haven't played since the first one... who is that?

The Great Sage, Nine (she's a mage). One of the Six Heroes along with Jubei, Hakuman, Trinity, Valkenhayn and Terumi.

Probably doesn't mean much unless you played Continuum Shift (I forget how much about the Six Heroes was in Calamity Trigger)

Amedo310

Oh shit. The main character from BB: Blood edge is in. Kurogane. So is there a chance of older clone Rachel to show up too.

Stuart444

Also if anyone is just getting into the series, I recommend Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma Extend. It has an abridged version (very very abridged but covers the important points) of Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift so you get the full picture/story more or less.

That said if you can wait/don't care too much, this one will probably get an extend version by 2018 (depending on when this one releases to consoles) that will probably have abridged version of CT, CS and CP.

Saikyo

Ugh still no Jubei, at least make him as dlc...

Now ASW can stop with the bullshit and port BBCPE now on steam.

Dremark

Banned
I'm surprised they didn't go with UE4/3D models like GG3rd, that's a lot of characters (or at least it looks like it).

The problem with doing that is they'd have to redo the entire cast. I expect them to do this at some point a game or two out but it will likely be a new BlazBlue from the ground up with less characters.

i-Jest

So we can expect two more revisions before they move onto the final game? Also, I expect Jubei to be the last character added in the final game revision on this series.

Dremark

Banned
The Great Sage, Nine (she's a mage). One of the Six Heroes along with Jubei, Hakuman, Trinity, Valkenhayn and Terumi.

Probably doesn't mean much unless you played Continuum Shift (I forget how much about the Six Heroes was in Calamity Trigger)

There was enough that you knew who they were, I don't recall if they were all named at that point though, but you knew who they were as a group and who some of them were.

Saikyo

I'm guessing there may be a strong focus on the story/visual novel aspects or something?
"Central Fiction" is just ASW using the random generator game title, dont think much about it, maybe its a term to explain how some characters still exist in the game.

NEO0MJ

So we can expect two more revisions before they move onto the final game? Also, I expect Jubei to be the last character added in the final game revision on this series.

This will probably be the last game. Unfortunate we'll probably have to buy the GOTY edition for the exclusive character.

Korigama

This is on track to be the final game in Ragna's story. Updated versions/an Extend edition could still happen, though.

Stuart444

"Central Fiction" is just ASW using the random generator game title, dont think much about it, maybe its a term to explain how some characters still exist in the game.

If it's like the previous games, the title will play a role in the story.

But yeah, I've been waiting on a new BB since CP for story reasons.
With the the way CP ended with Ragna becoming the Blast Beast. I can't wait to see where they go with this

Top Bottom