• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Central Fiction announced! (BB4)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh thank fuck they toned down the UI elements. BB always has the most atrocious and pointlessly gaudy HUD in fighting games. This is way less distracting and more appealing.

Also picked up CS Extend on Vita during the current PSN sale for like $3.

My first attempt at really giving the BB story a real chance. It's kind of enjoyable for being identical to any serial anime. Definitely prefer the quirky plotlines of the secondary cast over the core "A" plotline dealing with Ragna, Noel, Hazama, etc... but at least this version of the game does a nice job surfacing the important elements over cramming so many 'non-canon' endings and alternate timelines compared to the first game. Less fishing and faq reading to figure out what requirements unlock the actual plot.

Will stick it out to see the true ending and move onto the PS4 sequel when it drops in price.

I just have to say, I still think its funny that one of the new characters is just a straight Attack on Titan ripoff.

Hopefully loketest videos soon I guess?

I just have to say, I still think its funny that one of the new characters is just a straight Attack on Titan ripoff.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has an Eren alternate colour since I think they've done that kind of thing for other characters before.

EDIT: I noticed around here that Naoto has a purple mark around his character portrait and burst icon. I guess that's the new Astral Heat indicator?

cj_iwakura

I dig the Tager and Azrael ones. Nice to see Tsubaki happy for once.

Not a fan of Litchi's, just tacky.

Still prefer Mori's art.

Surprised this thread is so dead.

Nine or no Nine?

I dig the Tager and Azrael ones. Nice to see Tsubaki happy for once.

Not a fan of Litchi's, just tacky.

Still prefer Mori's art.
Makes sense, since the game is tacky.

cj_iwakura

Makes sense, since the game is tacky.

6twTTFx.gif

cj_iwakura

Personally, I think Mori's art is shit but to each his own.

I like the crisp look it has. I get some like the CS/CF dynamic look, but it looks kind of amateurish to me, and sometimes the artist misses the point of the character. (See Taokaka's CS portrait.)

I like the crisp look it has. I get some like the CS/CF dynamic look, but it looks kind of amateurish to me, and sometimes the artist misses the point of the character. (See Taokaka's CS portrait.)
Huh. I felt like the art for the last few iterations has been pretty embarrassing in terms of quality. Just flat out bad faces and weird expressions sometimes. Glad to see they were willing to pay someone to do it right this time.

What else do you call a game featuring "boobie lady"?

cj_iwakura

Huh. I felt like the art for the last few iterations has been pretty embarrassing in terms of quality. Just flat out bad faces and weird expressions sometimes. Glad to see they were willing to pay someone to do it right this time.

This is the artist from the second iteration.

fahr

I absolutely love the new character art. It's my favorite iteration since CS. Not surprising to find out they are from the same artist, lol.

CS had my favorite portraits of the series to this point, though they did lack a bit in character compared to some of the more, uhh, unique ones in the other games. CF looks like it fixed that though. Tao's, Makoto's, Bang's and Tager's are the ones I really dig so far.

Never said it didn't have tacky characters, but what fighting game doesn't?
Tell me another fighting game that includes a full mini series where one character runs around trying to grope another one. Every game has some fan service, but BlazBlue is particularly tasteless.

Hubb

Tell me another fighting game that includes a full mini series where one character runs around trying to grope another one. Every game has some fan service, but BlazBlue is particularly tasteless.

Shit, I guess I should play the mini series. I've played every game from CS on and I missed this. Litchi is looking great.

Top Bottom