• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Central Fiction announced! (BB4)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
maybe now we can get Chrono Phantasma on pc :p

Amedo310

CJte2W4UMAAibrd.jpg

CJte4EbUAAADVfz.jpg

need cross-over now Arc-sys.

http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Naoto_Kurogane

i-Jest

This will probably be the last game. Unfortunate we'll probably have to buy the GOTY edition for the exclusive character.

I've come to expect this from fighting games. I just hope Arcsys doesn't go overboard on the GG revisions like before. The number of X2 revisions are ridiculous.

This is on track to be the final game in Ragna's story. Updated versions/an Extend edition could still happen, though.

Th final BB game staring Ragna? I can believe that. The final BB fighting game? I don't think ArcSys can walk away from all that potential revision money they can rake in. Unless I'm wrong and they truly intend to dead the series after a revision to this game.

Perhaps one day we'll get that GG vs BB crossover dream match game be all craved since BB first released :3 (doubtful).

ArjanN

wait, Blaze Blue 4 ?

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
BlazBlue: Central Fiction

Everything else was either updated versions of the same games (the Extend versions) or spinoffs (Xblaze visual novels etc)

T.O.P

Banned
Meh, was expecting some bigger changes, especially for some new character looks

Might grab if it comes to PC (LOL)

wait

Do we even have CP Extend stateside yet?

Edit: Wow, somehow Extend flew right under my radar. Oh well, this is the usual for ASW so whatevs.

ArjanN

Meh, was expecting some bigger changes, especially for some new character looks

Might grab if it comes to PC (LOL)

I wouldn't be surprised if by the time this comes out they're actually pretty close with the PC releases.

Oh well. Not buying Chrono Phantasma Extend like I had intended to do.

They only just announced this, it's not like it's out tomorrow.

dSFK5xOh.jpg

Cool. Where's her guitar though? :p

Z3M0G

Also if anyone is just getting into the series, I recommend Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma Extend. It has an abridged version (very very abridged but covers the important points) of Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift so you get the full picture/story more or less.

That said if you can wait/don't care too much, this one will probably get an extend version by 2018 (depending on when this one releases to consoles) that will probably have abridged version of CT, CS and CP.

If it's like the previous games, the title will play a role in the story.

But yeah, I've been waiting on a new BB since CP for story reasons.
With the the way CP ended with Ragna becoming the Blast Beast. I can't wait to see where they go with this

Was this in the Extend version only??

New proper BB with hopefully an end to the story? (I want it done before sales tank enough that they stop making it >_> )

This news makes me very happy.

FINALLY!

End this storyline

Fake Edit: oh sh--it's Hibiki.

If i didnt play CP Extend, did i miss anything?? I only play these for the story, honestly

VariantX

still same graphics? thought guilty gear set a new standard.

A new standard for guilty gear, yes as the visuals for that game were built around what a dreamcast could do on a 480p display. Dosen't mean they're just going to throw away all the work they put into BlazBlue, which is still a series they're actively working on and doesn't look dated since its designed for HD displays.

Stuart444

Was this in the Extend version only??

If i didnt play CP Extend, did i miss anything?? I only play these for the story, honestly

The bit about Ragna is in the original CP version, not just extend. It's literally the end of the game's story where he saves Nu.

The abridged story of CT/CS was in extend only. Also there is some added story stuff with new gag endings in CP Extend. Nothing important in the grand scheme of things but I found them fun.

Atolm

They only just announced this, it's not like it's out tomorrow.

I bought the first Continuum Shift and barely played it. Honestly by now I almost feel I can skip the franchise entirely, or keep waiting forever for the "Complete edition".

I'm liking the new look for the meters and general HUD. Also is it just my imagination or did the sprites seem bigger than in previous iterations?

Anyway CP was a great game and a major jump from the previous iterations. It was the only game in the series to feel like a full-fledged sequel to me. So hopefully when Central Fiction drops for NA consoles in 2+ years it's a similar improvement.

Dunkley

Gonna wait this one out until the Extend release. Not gonna make the same mistake again as I did back with Continuum Shift.

Isn't Jubei dead.

I find it incredibly hard to believe they'd write off a popular character like that permanently. Besides, Terumi gets legit offed and he's playable in this. I don't see why they couldn't do something with Jubei similar to what they did with Kliff in GG.

Keasar

I wanna be hyped honestly, I love Blazblue, but I am so burned out on ArcSys' treatment of Europe that I almost don't care anymore.

still same graphics? thought guilty gear set a new standard.

ASW said that the lengths they go to in order to emulate the 2D look in Xrd meant that it took them just as much time with it as it would with a sprite based game. So there doesn't seem to be a cost/time benefit for them to rework everything for BlazBlue.

Cool. Waiting until the Extend release though. Not getting burned for the 3rd time.

Honestly I think the Extend releases are bigger rip offs than the originals are. CP I think was $50 on launch with 7 new characters and an all new story, and CPEX came out a year later for 10 bucks less with 1 new character (chopping Nu in half does not count as a new character), new gag endings and a much smaller community. CSEX wasn't any better in terms of content either.

Now that I think about it, has a Blazblue game been sold for full-price since CT? I remember CS being $40 on release.

I've played every Blazblue and I still dont know shit about the story. They throw all these made up terms and concepts and don't bother explaining half of them. Fighting system and music are nice at least.

NEO0MJ

Honestly I think the Extend releases are bigger rip offs than the originals are.

They are. But you're better off waiting for them to explore all the new character+DLC+New character than buying the original and then having to buy Extended for the balance changes and new character.

They are. But you're better off waiting for them to explore all the new character+DLC+New character than buying the original and then having to buy Extended for the balance changes and new character.

Yeah, that's fair. I didn't take DLC into account. All of those song packs, stages and color palettes can add up fast.

RoeBear

Honestly I'm excited about this. I doubt it'll be out on consoles till more than a year from now. Hopefully PS4 version this time will allow use of PS3 sticks.

Top Bottom