• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox one getting keyboard/mouse support

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/623516307137269760

@lgriao @PNF4LYFE @Tak225Th Yep, keyboard and mouse support for Xbox would need to be there for this to work, those aren't far away.

bonus windows 10 UI comment:
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/623518544391581696

@UbiquitousDoom We are on track to deliver this, team is on schedule. You'll hear more about the dates soon.

Never realized KBM support was ever announced to be coming to xbox one?

lock me away if old

meptrep

Does it work in all games though or will it be like the PS3's mouse and keyboard support that's just up to the dev?

queue the admiral ackbar "It's a trap GIF". Seems like MS wants the Xbox One to work like a Windows machine....

only thing it needs now is the blue screen of death and a copy of MS Office and it will really be a windows machine.

Crayon

Does it work in all games though or will it be like the PS3's mouse and keyboard support that's just up to the dev?

It cant go back across all games. Nor can it be required support for future games. Probably just a system level support. Might help with some w10 apps that arent a good fit for the controller.

Barzul

Is Phil basically confirming Streaming my PC to Xbox? Essentially a Steam Link of sorts, would be a game changer for me.

Crayon

queue the admiral ackbar "It's a trap GIF". Seems like MS wants the Xbox One to work like a Windows machine....

only thing it needs now is the blue screen of death and a copy of MS Office and it will really be a windows machine.

It turns out free windows has forced updating. An xbox version could just go a touch farther and lock out the desktop.

Donos

won't work on all games not matter what. will probably be up to devs which have to incorporate kb/m matchmaking or pad players will get destroyed. was possible in ps3 too but i can't remember another game besides ut3 who really did it.
Also means more work for devs so it won't be used. good for OS and other stuff besides games.

fedexpeon

Banned
@PNF4LYFE

Why isn't this guy an official XB community member by now?
Tim Dogg deserves it for his commitment for quality.

Anyway, this is a huge win for XB1.
Win 10+keyboard/Mouse? Amazing.
I can't wait to use the Excel app and presenting PPT with the Kinect for Skype in the future.

Couldn't you just get a Steam Link? The thing costs only $50.

i have a weird question about the steam link.

I want to get one in order to hook my steam link up to my projector, which does not output audio.

ive gotten around this doing basically every single thing BUT buy a receiver. If im using my laptop to stream steam games, ill use the headphone jack to a pair of speakers. If im using my xbox one, ill use the headphone jack on the controller to output to the two speakers.

If i get the steam link, in order to get audio, sounds like ill finally have to get a receiver right?

mcrommert

Banned

You joke...but office mobile will work on xbox when win 10 support hits

Corpekata

Banned
I don't see him confirming or even hinting that anywhere.

Can I play Forza Motorsport 6 with Steam Link?

He is hinting that by answering the question in the tweet. It is about PC to Xbox One streaming needing KBAM support, so it makes little sense to answer that question if it isn't at least somewhat on the docket.

ghostjoke

Banned

This would be a twist as they have spent the last few years trying to turn windows into an xbox/xbox proxy, minus the games.

RedAssedApe

Banned
@PNF4LYFE

Why isn't this guy an official XB community member by now?
Tim Dogg deserves it for his commitment for quality.

Anyway, this is a huge win for XB1.
Win 10+keyboard/Mouse? Amazing.
I can't wait to use the Excel app and presenting PPT with the Kinect for Skype in the future.

Mind blowing future stuffs haha

I want to get one in order to hook my steam link up to my projector, which does not output audio.

ive gotten around this doing basically every single thing BUT buy a receiver. If im using my laptop to stream steam games, ill use the headphone jack to a pair of speakers. If im using my xbox one, ill use the headphone jack on the controller to output to the two speakers.

If i get the steam link, in order to get audio, sounds like ill finally have to get a receiver right?

Not necessarily, there are adapters that split the HDMI to HDMI + 3.5mm audio jack that you could use. Like this one, though I'm not sure about the quality of that particular one.

Can I play Forza Motorsport 6 with Steam Link?

This is about streaming PC games to an XBO, if you want to play XBO-exclusive games, you'll obviously have to use an XBO.

Well, I mean, he might already own an Xbox One, or be considering one.

True, but my point is that if it's such an important feature to him, the $50 investment doesn't seem high.

I think the type of person who owns a projector would generally already own a receiver too. Probably well past time to invest
Didnt DC Universe use it too?

And a few other MMOs
Yeah probably. I just remember buying UT3 and going "aww shiet kb/m on consoles" and it hitting like a wet noodle

RdN

I like the idea of keyboard and mouse working on the UI, apps and stuff like that..

But please, keep them away from games.

Nzyme32

Imagine a major FPS having MK support on the Xbox. Sunddenly everyone will need to get a MK to keep up

I'd be fairly sure that M&K support will not be for Xbox One games, at least unless they are completely separate to gamepad games. I'd love to watch the fallout if they did though, it would be hilarious.

Well, it's already got keyboard support. In almost any situation where I would need to use a software keyboard, my USB keyboard works. Warframe has text chat channels that support a keyboard. Elder Scrolls Online makes me use my keyboard for any text entry (Though requires me to unplug it then plug it back it to actually work. I'm guessing I'd get the software keyboard if I didn't have a hardware one plugged in.).

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
nice now i can just wait for all the xbox one games to come to windows 10.
I KNEW i didn't need an xboxone...

that killer instinct 3 coming to 10 and all .

quickwhips

This is great and all but if they want people to embrace xbox and windows 10 they need to relaunch a 1 vs 100 live game show. Maybe 2 vs 1000 or something. One person on pc and one on xbox then the last question is something you both answer to see who wins?

Bsigg12

Is Phil basically confirming Streaming my PC to Xbox? Essentially a Steam Link of sorts, would be a game changer for me.

I think that's the bigger thing here. That would be awesome if it happens.

Seems like Gamescom is the place they'll announce all the Win 10 for Xbox One stuff (date for availability and preview access and such).

Three

This is about streaming PC games to an XBO, if you want to play XBO-exclusive games, you'll obviously have to use an XBO.

He obviously wants to play a racing game with a keyboard and mouse. Love it when people incorrectly get mad at others for context then bring in their own irrelevant plug in the next line.

RdN

Not even Halo Wars 2?

Nope.

Keyboard and mouse have a HUGE advantage over controller. Which means that for online play, the game would have to have separate matchmaking options, specially if they decide to do cross play with Windows 10.

Splitting the playerbase doesn't work for strategy games, which are niche on consoles, and have limited audience compared to other genres.

I haven't seen one of these in almost a decade. Do you have maybe a more relevant dig we can relate to? Maybe a dollar sign in the acronym, such as in "M$"?

LQX

MS is finally catching on that Steam and all these companies coming out with their versions of a "console PC" is real thing and might spell even more trouble for the XB1. They are in a perfect position to be the class leader even if some of them end up being more powerful than the XB1. Hell, with mouse and keyboard support there might come a time when you can recommend a XB1 over a dedicated PC if you do not need a top of the line gaming PC.

nice now i can just wait for all the xbox one games to come to windows 10.
I KNEW i didn't need an xboxone...

that killer instinct 3 coming to 10 and all .

This is such odd post. It's sort of condescending towards the XB1 meanwhile still wanting to play all the games.

Top Bottom