• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seven Knights (Android/iOS) |OT| There's more than 7 knights

garath

Seven Knights is a Korean F2P gatcha style rpg game on Android and iOS. It was just released globally a week or so ago.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.sknightsgb
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seven-knights/id970818035?mt=8

Official site (with some videos and stuff):

http://sevenknights.netmarble.com/

gallery_img5.jpg

It's along the same lines as Dragon Blaze. You form a team of 5 and take on the world.

It has a variety of modes:

- Adventure (normal beat stages thing)
- Arena (pvp)
- Tower (climb levels that get harder and harder)
- Castle Rush (kind of a world boss sort of thing)
- Daily dungeon (for evolution materials)
- Raid (???)
- Guild war (???)
- Boss fight (???)

It has the standard gatcha type system where you can pull with rubies. They seem to give a decent amount out for free players but not as much as say Dragon Blaze. There are 1* units all the way to 6*.

You can evolve units a couple of ways: Either by combining two units of the same rank to get a random higher rank unit or "rank up" a unit. Ranking up keeps the same unit but bumps them up a star. Ranking up requires evolution materials from daily dungeons, combining does not.

Either way to evolve units you need to level them to max 30 and use other characters to enhance them to +5. Enhancing takes more or better quality units the better quality the enhanced unit is.

Items are along the same lines. Items have a grade as well and can also be powered up. Doesn't seem worth it at a lower level, probably not until you have some higher quality units.

I haven't gotten very far myself and there's not a lot of great info for the global release out there yet but I did find this nice page about the korean version:

http://app.steparu.com/news/latest-...-2-0-tutorial-guides-and-english-translations

Only protip I've found so far is, apparently knights are the strongest units and you should hold onto those and only rank up, not combine them for random units.

Here's the reddit for it. Couple of nice tips in there too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sevenknightsglobal/

Kettch

I tried it for a little while a few days ago, and while the upgrade/progression systems looked solid, the actual gameplay seemed to be non-existent. I just got to watch the battles happen with no moving or targeting. It started with auto-skill on, so maybe if I turned that off I could decide when to use them, but I doubt that would be enough to keep me interested.

Anything I was missing there?

Quonny

Eh. This is just Dragon Blaze with a different art style.

It's mindless fun for a bit, but then you realize it's all just a time waste with no actual gameplay and incredibly luck based.

Azusa

It's just every Korean mobage have the same features: character combining, keys, difficulty levels for the same maps, only auto battle arena and so on.

I tried it for a little while a few days ago, and while the upgrade/progression systems looked solid, the actual gameplay seemed to be non-existent. I just got to watch the battles happen with no moving or targeting. It started with auto-skill on, so maybe if I turned that off I could decide when to use them, but I doubt that would be enough to keep me interested.

Anything I was missing there?

Yeah at first its just an autofest. But later when I have faced a harder content I started to use skill manually and I had to think about my party composition. But overall this game is more about character levelling and party composition than actual combat.

Do you really want the combat as it was in HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS? It was very slow and you had to play each battle manually. It was so boring and time consuming because you had to do the same mission over and over again to grind things.

Do you really want the combat as it was in HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS? It was very slow and you had to play each battle manually. It was so boring and time consuming because you had to do the same mission over and over again to grind things.

Oh boy I remember that game, even one simple level would take over 10 minutes. You'd waste your entire break just to make very little progress.

At least it wasn't Grand Spheres tier of bad.

Wasn't there another mobage coming up? Phantom of the Kill or something, I think Gumi is involved though...

garath

Trying to come up with a good strategy for upgrading my units. Looks like unless you have a knight, its better to fuse than rank up. Powering up the 4* units is a challenge though. Just like dragon blaze. Need so much fodder lol.

I'm sad I gave my starter Evan a nice 4* sword. Its still the best one I have and I don't even use him anymore :(

The later stages definitely get harder and team comp, formation and skill use become important. I do hate the lack of targeting though.

If anyone is interested in continuing to play, definitely buy the mystery box. Its like $100 worth of goodies for less than 5 bucks. I do the Google survey thing so it was all free money for me. The first thing you get is 250 rubies. Instant 10 pull.

Phantom kill is coming out this winter. Definitely going to try that one too. Even if it is gumi.

It's mindless fun for a bit, but then you realize it's all just a time waste with no actual gameplay and incredibly luck based.

This came out long before Dragon Blaze in Korea.. but yes they are all the same. generic crap

Azusa

Trying to come up with a good strategy for upgrading my units. Looks like unless you have a knight, its better to fuse than rank up. Powering up the 4* units is a challenge though. Just like dragon blaze. Need so much fodder lol.

I'm sad I gave my starter Evan a nice 4* sword. Its still the best one I have and I don't even use him anymore :(

You can get many 4* items at tower.

I still don't have 5*+ characters but I have invested my ruby into player skills and it helped a lot. I have bought the whole first page and set is to offensive. You need about 250 ruby to do so.

garath

Doesn't seem like many people playing ;)

I'm getting close to my first 5*. I just need a 4* fire elemental and I can rank up one of my 4* units. Unfortunately I have a 3* and a 5* but not a 4*. I can combine two 3* elementals but I only seem to get 2* ones from the easy daily dungeon. Going to be two weeks before I can combine the two 2* elementals with a single one from each daily dungeon.

I'll probably get a second 4* unit to +5 before that happens lol

Azusa

After a weekend grind I don't have many keys to play any more. It was overwhelming at start and I had a feeling that I can play it indefinitely, but no its over and now I need to wait for keys. In the end there is only an arena autoplay that can be done in 5min, tower money cave (my team finish one run in ~30sec), one daily dungeon run and 3 guild siege runs (this is the longest). Everything else aren't timed and can be done whenever.

I have finished normal map yesterday and cleared the first 2 at hard. Now I'm farming at the 2nd hard map and trying to fuse my 4* to get 5* and continue the Guide quest. I think there will be also a quest to +5 a 5* characters and get a 6* as the final quest or +5 a 6* hero. I don't remember exactly.

I'll continue to play this game at least until Gumi release Phantom of the Kill (I hope localisation will be playable and not ruined as was Grand Sphere localisation)

garath

After a weekend grind I don't have many keys to play any more. It was overwhelming at start and I had a feeling that I can play it indefinitely, but no its over and now I need to wait for keys. In the end there is only an arena autoplay that can be done in 5min, tower money cave (my team finish one run in ~30sec), one daily dungeon run and 3 guild siege runs (this is the longest). Everything else aren't timed and can be done whenever.

I have finished normal map yesterday and cleared the first 2 at hard. Now I'm farming at the 2nd hard map and trying to fuse my 4* to get 5* and continue the Guide quest. I think there will be also a quest to +5 a 5* characters and get a 6* as the final quest or +5 a 6* hero. I don't remember exactly.

I'll continue to play this game at least until Gumi release Phantom of the Kill (I hope localisation will be playable and not ruined as was Grand Sphere localisation)

Wow. You made it further than me. I'm on 7-7 of normal. I lose about 30% of the time these days. Been grinding a lot on easier stages to get fodder and level additional heroes. I like that in a pinch you can get rubies from leveling up a hero even if you had done so previously.

I still have one more 40 pack of keys in my inventory. Probably use it today since it expires soon.

I'm annoyed at the quests. I had JUST ranked up someone before getting the quest to rank up someone. Lol. Now I'm going to have to use a precious elemental to rank someone up that I may not want to. Gotta keep moving those quests forward. The final reward is a 6*.

Azusa

Use 1-4 formation. Place your best DD in the back (mine is Yuni at the moment). One defender in the front + healer and buffer/cc or other dmg characters.

Here is my adventure team (I have got a better, 4* healer, on the hard map I just need to level up her)

and pvp team (I have got 1600+ points last season but I didn't play much). For PvP I'm using 4-1 formation.

garath

Use 1-4 formation. Place your best DD in the back (mine is Yuni at the moment). One defender in the front + healer and buffer/cc or other dmg characters.

Here is my adventure team (I have got a better, 4* healer, on the hard map I just need to level up her)

and pvp team (I have got 1600+ points last season but I didn't play much). For PvP I'm using 4-1 formation.

Good stuff. Ive been using the 4-1 formation for all of it. Might be better trying the 1-4 for adventures. I have a very good mage with nice aoe attack + defensive debuff and single target attack.

My team is on par with yours. I should be able to get to hard with a little effort. Dying to make my first 5*. The power difference is significant.

garath

Omg. The last few stages of 7 are infuriating. Constant stun locks. I've managed to get through 7-7 after 4 tries and 7-8 is the same composition. Ugh. Just need to get lucky I guess.

I've been following this game for a while. It consistently shows up in the top 5 korean charts. I'll probably stick with this one for a while as its less RNG dependant and you can grind your way to 6 stars for any character.

IGN: ander
Guild: Solaire

if anyone is interesting in adding or joining let me know here

garath

I've been following this game for a while. It consistently shows up in the top 5 korean charts. I'll probably stick with this one for a while as its less RNG dependant and you can grind your way to 6 stars for any character.

I'd be interested in both :) I just joined a random public guild to do castle rush. I'm still new but I'm enjoying the game and playing quite a bit.

Finally beat normal. Grinding a few new 4* for now and see if I can make a better balanced team.

IGN: garath

I'll send you a friend invite.

garath

Damn. I could make a 5* right now. I have two +5 4* units. But the +5 units are really strong and helping my party immensely lol. Don't want to give them up :)

Damn. I could make a 5* right now. I have two +5 4* units. But the +5 units are really strong and helping my party immensely lol. Don't want to give them up :)

My first 5* was a support succubus, i cant tell if shes good or bad yet (just cleanse and debuff skills). I'm trying out a 1-4 setup with a lot more success. May's gift box is definitely worth the money. I hope they do another one after the month ends.

I'll set the guild to private and send me an invite. I'll accept it after a i clean up some non castle rushers.

Also accepted your friend request

Azusa

IGN: Azusa
I'll send you both an invite.

Also finally fused my 4* and got first 5*! She is so good, but now my quest is to +5 her. Eh. It's not that easy.

edit:
ander you can't receive friend requests.

My first 5* was a support succubus, i cant tell if shes good or bad yet (just cleanse and debuff skills).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ruaLqFBkBs97ERjIqyBdOFxlFU/htmlview?sle=true#
Here is a tier list. Its for Korean version but it helped me to figure out our current characters.

Picked this up because Dragon Blaze was down for the big update, and I'm on the fence about it.

I like it a lot more than Exos Saga or Wonder5Masters. But I'm not sure if I'll stick around with it yet. (Hurry up international GranBlue Fantasy, please!)

So far I've got 4 4* heroes and a +5 3* I'm waiting for a water elemental so I can rank her up. I just cleared easy mode and now I'm finally hitting the wall on normal where I'm looking to rank up gear, etc. Thinking I'll go back and three star the stages in easy first though.

garath

Picked this up because Dragon Blaze was down for the big update, and I'm on the fence about it.

I like it a lot more than Exos Saga or Wonder5Masters. But I'm not sure if I'll stick around with it yet. (Hurry up international GranBlue Fantasy, please!)

So far I've got 4 4* heroes and a +5 3* I'm waiting for a water elemental so I can rank her up. I just cleared easy mode and now I'm finally hitting the wall on normal where I'm looking to rank up gear, etc. Thinking I'll go back and three star the stages in easy first though.

Instead of ranking up the 3*, get another to +5 and combine them. The elementals are pretty valuable and there are quests for ranking up. Better to combine two 3* elementals to get the very rare 4* elemental.

Keep combining 3* units into 4* until you have a full team. Then you can start enhancing the 4* units. That's the path to power that I've found so far.

mclem

So there's a greater than seven choice of units, and your squad size is less than seven.

What actually is seven?

garath

I applied to the guild. I castle rush every day.

Also finally fused my 4* and got first 5*! She is so good, but now my quest is to +5 her. Eh. It's not that easy.

edit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ruaLqFBkBs97ERjIqyBdOFxlFU/htmlview?sle=true#
Here is a tier list. Its for Korean version but it helped me to figure out our current characters.

Thanks for that tier list. Figures the first two 4* units I +5 are pretty good units. I don't want to fuse them away :( helvina and hellina. I guess I'll work on rook next since he seems pretty terrible. I'll be happy to fuse him away.

The rates in this game are terrible though. I've done three 250 Ruby 10 pulls. Outside of the bonus 4* unit, I only got 2 more 4* units. No 5 or 6*.

Going to unlock the player skills once I hit level 15. I'm almost there. After that I'll probably do another 10 pull when I hit 250 again.

That $5 mystery box was so good. And the daily check in rewards are really good too. They're spoiling us this first month.

Azusa

The rates in this game are terrible though. I've done three 250 Ruby 10 pulls. Outside of the bonus 4* unit, I only got 2 more 4* units. No 5 or 6*.

Going to unlock the player skills once I hit level 15. I'm almost there. After that I'll probably do another 10 pull when I hit 250 again.

I have read some posts at facebook group and most of them are telling that fusing is the right way to get high rarity units not 250 ruby pulls. Its slow but reliable way.

I have started to farm 2-5 hard and it drops mostly 2*. I think its one of the recommended place to farm or not. I have seen many drop reports in chat and most of them was at 2-5.

EDIT:
On the last day of the first week we should get one of the seven knights (4*) as login bonus and on the last day of the 4th week one random 6* character.

garath

I have read some posts at facebook group and most of them are telling that fusing is the right way to get high rarity units not 250 ruby pulls. Its slow but reliable way.

I have started to farm 2-5 hard and it drops mostly 2*. I think its one of the recommended place to farm or not. I have seen many drop reports in chat and most of them was at 2-5.

EDIT:
On the last day of the first week we should get one of the seven knights (4*) as login bonus and on the last day of the 4th week one random 6* character.

Doing 2-5 on hard or normal?

I took a break from progression (I'm on 1-5 on hard) and leveled a bunch of 3* units. Its pretty easy. Put 5 of them in the group and hit 1-1. Takes about 10-12 keys and the whole group hits 30. Easy 25 rubies.

A real seven knight would be awesome. Need to rank him up. Right now I'm on the quest to obtain a 5* unit. I'm hesitant to burn throguh anymore 3* units. Going to need them for enhancing 5* units. I used a few but I should stop that.

This is another game that hates the east coast. Hot time is around 10pm est. :(

I'm current;y on 7-4 Hard. I'm stuck on the power up a 5* to +5 quest. I just don't get enough fodder to make it quick. I'm so close to that free 6*!

EDIT:

Ya fortunately this game unlike chain chronicles isnt totally dependant on RNG and you can fuse your way to a good team. I heard most end game players use their rubies to buy keys instead of pulls for more reliable source of money and cards.

The first day the game launched, I restarted the game as a guest the entire time for that 3-6* ticket hoping for a 6. I only saw 2 5s and not even decent ones. I decided then to never buy the premium tickets in this game. Based on the facebook group advice, I'm using all of my gems to max out my account passives. I just need the last 3 tiers.

Dreavus

Looks that way at least.

I was into Brave Frontier for a while, then Dragon Blaze for a bit, but keeping up with this style of game is exhausting. Very little game play other than building your team.

Azusa

Looks that way at least.

I was into Brave Frontier for a while, then Dragon Blaze for a bit, but keeping up with this style of game is exhausting. Very little game play other than building your team.

If you are looking for different kind of mobage try Final Fantasy Record Keeper where using right skills are important and you can't auto win.

garath

Frankly I enjoy these little team building games. There's a nice progression path and sense of accomplishment building a good team or finding that awesome unit. I've put more hours into dragon blaze and Chain chronicle than most full priced console or PC games. Sure they are grindy but its a nice time waster with little monetary investment. 0 dollars spent for chain chronicle and dragon blaze for me. $5-10 for brave frontier and $5 in seven knight so far for me.

I almost feel like I should throw something at chain chronicle or dragon blaze for all the time I've put in to them but neither have any compelling return for the money. Brave frontier and seven knights have had really solid benefits for the money in the way of a special package.

Edit: wow. Just got a 4* drop from the boss fight on hard 1-6. Very cool. Same unit I have at +5. Makes it a bit easier to swallow fusing away that unit.

garath

Nooo. Sorry for the double post but I just fused for a 5* and it's a healer :( no revive. Just aoe heal and single target heal. Ugh. Gonna have to check the tier list

Edit: guess he's OK. SS for raid and siege.

Nooo. Sorry for the double post but I just fused for a 5* and it's a healer :( no revive. Just aoe heal and single target heal. Ugh. Gonna have to check the tier list

Edit: guess he's OK. SS for raid and siege.

Sorry to hear that, the YUI you get for free is so much better

I just got my free seven knight from daily check-in, and its Rudy. I guess he's supposed to be awesome. Will definately keep rocking 1-4 setup with him.

So I guess people are getting their free 7 Knight. I'm still on the 200 ruby day. I hope the login is relative and not a set week!

The worst thing about this game is the arena. It's rage inducing when you see your team just sitting there not using skills and when they finally do its a buff one instead of the giant AOE that will win the game. That or they use the single target skills on the one enemy that is immune to damage that turn.

garath

Sorry to hear that, the YUI you get for free is so much better

I just got my free seven knight from daily check-in, and its Rudy. I guess he's supposed to be awesome. Will definately keep rocking 1-4 setup with him.

Rudy seems great. Nice draw!

I get my 7 knight tomorrow.

I have my 5* up to +2 now. I'm mostly bottlenecked by gold. Gonna hit the tower some to see if I can make up for it.

Guess my 5* healer isn't terrible. Definitely improved my survivability. I'm just rolling through hard right now. Trying to figure out best party now that I fused away one of my better dps units for a healer I didn't need lol.

Azusa

The last quests are to +5 an another 5* and to get a 6* fusing them (or by any other method) If your 5* aren't that good maybe its OK to fuse them and get one random 6* + one 6* as quest reward.

My 7Knight is also Rudy.

edit:

ill send you a friend request, let me know if you want in on the guild as well. Congrats on Rudy also!

and normal dungeon is waaaay too hard.

Instead of ranking up the 3*, get another to +5 and combine them. The elementals are pretty valuable and there are quests for ranking up. Better to combine two 3* elementals to get the very rare 4* elemental.

Keep combining 3* units into 4* until you have a full team. Then you can start enhancing the 4* units. That's the path to power that I've found so far.

Duly noted! I pulled a 5* fire elemental from the second tier of quest rewards today. Pretty hype about that.

I just cleared normal mode and I'm a little anxious about hard; my team is:

Heavenia 4*
Sorceress Sylvia 4*
Yui 4*
Jupy 4*
Evan 4*

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with team comps. I have Yui, Karin, Karon and Lucy for healers at the moment and I've got no idea if they're any good.

Hoping to max out Sylvia and Heavenia and fuse them for a decent 5* Just waiting on some more fodder 2 and 3*s.

Oh. I'm pretty sure this is like, the total opposite of how it normally is with these style of games.

Damn. Wish I'd known sooner, haha.

garath

Its true. After 11 individual pulls I have got five 4*

Wtf. Dammit lol. I've done 3 10 pulls so far. Oh well. No more of that. Single pulls from now on.
O

Edit: oh wow. I didn't realize there is a whole second page of masteries. Its going to be like 1000 more rubies minimum to max these out lol. I got the first page done at least.

Stinks there's two more hard quests before getting that 6*. +5 a 5*, make another 5* then make a 6*? Whew. That's a ton.

Azusa

Wtf. Dammit lol. I've done 3 10 pulls so far. Oh well. No more of that. Single pulls from now on.
O

Edit: oh wow. I didn't realize there is a whole second page of masteries. Its going to be like 1000 more rubies minimum to max these out lol. I got the first page done at least.

Stinks there's two more hard quests before getting that 6*. +5 a 5*, make another 5* then make a 6*? Whew. That's a ton.

You can get two 5* characters at tower. I'm trying to do high levels using strong friend or there is a strong "friend" that you can use once a day. He oneshots everything so far.

Don't know if this is the best place to ask but is there any interest in a more general Mobage thread that covers a bunch of different, smaller games. Think /mbgg/ (but without shitposting I guess).

That way even the more smaller games get at least a place, the way it works now is that a game only gets attention when someone makes an OT for it. All the others just get forgotten.

I don't really know if this is a good idea (or if it actually works on GAF) but I guess that it doesn't hurt to ask lol

I just really want to talk about Game of Dice here

Top Bottom