• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seven Knights (Android/iOS) |OT| There's more than 7 knights

Amon37

Got a 4* Predator Leo from the honor gatcha.

He has an aoe attack a single attack and his passive is an auto revive with an immediate attack. So good.

I need to read up on this ruby farming.

Azusa

The thing I don't like in this game is excessive grinding. I'm OK with grinding but I have been grinding 5-5 hard for 6 hours today. Yes 6 hours of pressing Quick Start. And I didn't get much fodder or gold to power up my characters. Maybe I should grind only while Hot Time is active or what?

However when I tried to grind levels at 5-5 easy it was super fast and I quickly burned through all my keys. But its not that effective.

garath

I did it! Finished the guide quest. Wonder which 6* to get with the selector. I'm thinking velika for the two aoe. Yuri is good too but I already have a 5* Yuri.

Or I can go tank with evan or li. Decisions decisions.

I did end up combining my two +5 5* units and getting Lucy. She's pretty good with a block passive, aoe heal and debuff remove.

Edit: actually I was wrong. I have an Ariel 5*, not a Yuri. I think I'm going to go with a Yuri. She looks good in the arena.

Azusa

I did it! Finished the guide quest. Wonder which 6* to get with the selector. I'm thinking velika for the two aoe. Yuri is good too but I already have a 5* Yuri.

Or I can go tank with evan or li. Decisions decisions.

I did end up combining my two +5 5* units and getting Lucy. She's pretty good with a block passive, aoe heal and debuff remove.

Edit: actually I was wrong. I have an Ariel 5*, not a Yuri. I think I'm going to go with a Yuri. She looks good in the arena.

Wait. Get event random 6* first and only then select 6* if you can wait for it.\

Finally ranked my 7K. Now I need to level him up and +5 again. Eh. More farm.

garath

Wait. Get event random 6* first and only then select 6* if you can wait for it.

Finally ranked my 7K. Now I need to level him up and +5 again. Eh. More farm.

Damn. That's a good idea. I think I can squeeze it out. The ticket only lasts 3 days. I should be able to get my event 6* tomorrow or Monday morning. Going to be close though. I should have waited on the guide quest. Didn't even think about it.

Yeah. the farming is severe right now lol.

7-1 is pretty good though. The hot time is the way to go but its a terrible time. Normal 7-1 I get 1k-1500 gold per run and a 2* a third of the time.

Watching the enemy Velika murder my team with both her AOEs while mine sits back and chills feels bad man.

Also, why does the arena AI always attack the only character with immune status?!

Lan_97

Started digging more into the game today. So far I'm just working through the quest guide and adventure mode when I can. What should I be investing resources into this early on? I've been fusing 3* monsters into random 4* until I had a team of 4*. Not completely sure what the best way to progress from here is. I'm doing what I can to get the 6* ticket for the halloween event.

Also, in case anyone needs to join a guild I created one (mostly empty for now).

Guild: Gunstar9

Alright thanks!

So I applied and my IGN is Pauladin

You're in!

Got a nice draw on beating story mode with a 5* Velika and fused for 5* Snipper (that name still makes me laugh). Whats the best way to use keys from here on out other than ruby farm?

Weird, if I move up to Crystal from 2800+ Diamond, I'll get less rubies, but 5 more topaz. I guess the topaz are worth that much more (to Netmarble) than rubies, but right now I want the rubies. Oh well can't stop now, need that 5* Hero ticket.

Azusa

Weird, if I move up to Crystal from 2800+ Diamond, I'll get less rubies, but 5 more topaz. I guess the topaz are worth that much more (to Netmarble) than rubies, but right now I want the rubies. Oh well can't stop now, need that 5* Hero ticket.

Maybe its because you can farm Ruby but not Topaz.

EDIT: Moved to Diamond too.

garath

I'm hoping I don't move to diamond. I want the rubies lol. I'm in the highest plat tier right now but I'm not losing very much anymore. Made my spike into a 5* and have two other 6* and a 5*. Working out well.

Look like I will hit diamond and probably won't get back to the 120 ruby tier.

The only reason I see for topaz so far that I'd use is if you fuse and want to reroll it for 50.

Edit: you guys doing the hard daily dungeon yet? I suspect I can do it but the only day that I'm willing to lose it was today and I forgot to try :( don't want to give up the elemental if I fail.

Azusa

If you didn't clear the daily dungeon you can try again. It only counts when you successfully finish it.

I have tried today but the second boss killed my team.

garath

Well made diamond. Thought I'd immediately start losing but only lost once in the last 4 so not terrible. Will get easier when I get my 7K to 5*. Getting the element is the challenge. Already +3. Sucks losing the 20 rubies for advancing though :/

If you didn't clear the daily dungeon you can try again. It only counts when you successfully finish it.

I have tried today but the second boss killed my team.

Good to know. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Hit Crystal rank. I spent 150 rubies doing castle rush for the element selector. This allowed me to get my 7K to max rank and haven't lost since.

garath

Got Karin 6* as event reward. It's not that helpful. I don't use healers at all.

Yeah. I don't see many healers in the top end of the arena. Mainly Lucy if anything. :(

You're way ahead of me in the event. I only have 270 pumpkins. I'll get it tomorrow.

Edit: well normal daily dungeon went well. Didn't struggle at all. Got a nice 3* element. My 7K is now 5* +5, have just a single +2 dark element. Damn. I guess I could buy a 3* with castle rush points and get a 3* from the daily on Thursday. Need to save fodder to raise the 6* version anyways.

garath

Oh god. I just got beat in arena by a single velika. A single. Freaking. Unit. Of course my team did a weak aoe and a buff while she did both her aoe attacks and crit to kill the stragglers.

She was a +5 6* with an additional item slot unlocked but still... Jeez.

Getting wrecked by Velika while yours decides to just chill and take destruction to the face feels bad man. The arena AI is probably the worst thing in the game.

so right now i have a

6* Snipper
5* Velika
4* Yui Karin Rudy

I just got my 6* selector from guide quest. Cant decide between getting Karin, Yuri.
Hellenia seems tempting for ruby farm

Any suggestions? Trying to hold off my pull until i get my event 6* tomorrow.

Is there any other way to get elementals other than daily dungeon?

StuffRuff

Enjoying the game so far, its been a nice break from Dragon Blaze of which I've hit a brick wall in. Also IMO seems like a better game. Graphically certainly and mechanically slightly.

I've got a smattering of 4* and one 5* Li so far and still going through the adventure mode stuff.

A couple of questions if anyone has answers?

1) I'm still trying to get my head round interpreting good characters from bad ones. I understand the obvious star system with 6* being top tier but I also just unlocked a 4* "Seven Knight". Are the "Seven Knight" toons better versions of the same star rank? As in will my 4* Seven Knight outclass my other 4*?

2) What is the benefit of fusing over ranking up? Just at a chance of a better random pull?Surely I would just be better ranking up my toons to a full 6* set as it costs less in money and fodder? Or is getting hold of the elemental stuff for ranking up the limiting factor?

Azusa

1) I'm still trying to get my head round interpreting good characters from bad ones. I understand the obvious star system with 6* being top tier but I also just unlocked a 4* "Seven Knight". Are the "Seven Knight" toons better versions of the same star rank? As in will my 4* Seven Knight outclass my other 4*?
Seven Knight is the best unit at the moment. The BEST:3
All Evan Expeditions characters are good, some of them are great.
As for Adventurers look for: Velika (AOE pewpew), Karon, Victoria and Lucy (all 3 are party buffers).

2) What is the benefit of fusing over ranking up? Just at a chance of a better random pull?Surely I would just be better ranking up my toons to a full 6* set as it costs less in money and fodder? Or is getting hold of the elemental stuff for ranking up the limiting factor?
Elements are hard to get. You can only run daily dungeon once per day and each additional run costs 50 ruby. Also you can buy elements via castle rush points but it takes time to accumulate.

Fusing characters it the way to get better characters.

StuffRuff

Seven Knight is the best unit at the moment. The BEST:3
All Evan Expeditions characters are good, some of them are great.
As for Adventurers look for: Velika (AOE pewpew), Karon, Victoria and Lucy (all 3 are party buffers).

Elements are hard to get. You can only run daily dungeon once per day and each additional run costs 50 ruby. Also you can buy elements via castle rush points but it takes time to accumulate.

Fusing characters it the way to get better characters.

Thanks for clearing those points up for me! So is a Seven Knight that good that I would use it over a higher star toon? E.g 4* SK is better than 5* Adventurer? Or does that only work within the star ranking? E.g 5*>4*SK>4*?

Sorry for all the questions! lol

garath

so right now i have a

6* Snipper
5* Velika
4* Yui Karin Rudy

I just got my 6* selector from guide quest. Cant decide between getting Karin, Yuri.
Hellenia seems tempting for ruby farm

Any suggestions? Trying to hold off my pull until i get my event 6* tomorrow.

Is there any other way to get elementals other than daily dungeon?

I got rania with my event 6*. Doesn't really fit in with my team but hey, she's a 6*. I'll use her.

I went with Yuri for the selector. She's good in the arena with her passive. Velkia was the only other one I was strongly considering. I wouldn't do Karin. Even if I didn't have Lucy, I still wouldn't use a Karin. Maybe my tune will change once we get nightmare but for now a healer doesn't seem as important.

Thanks for clearing those points up for me! So is a Seven Knight that good that I would use it over a higher star toon? E.g 4* SK is better than 5* Adventurer? Or does that only work within the star ranking? E.g 5*>4*SK>4*?

Sorry for all the questions! lol

The 7K is the best class of unit. So it may not be as strong as another unit a tier above it but it will be close. You want to keep the 7K and rank it up to 6*. Then it will likely be your strongest unit by far.

Lan_97

Is there a list of guide quests somewhere? I'm currently at powering up a 5* to +5. I wanted to potentially time the quests with the event 6*

Azusa

If I remember correctly after the first quest that asks to power up 5* to +5 you'll need to power up the second 5* to +5 and then you need to rank up a 5* to 6* and the last one is to power up a 6* to +5. There will be some simple quests inbetween like to do adventures

Lan_97

Is there another get a 5* quest after the first 5*+5?

I was able to have the tower 5* reward fulfill the 5* unit quest and I was hoping the event 6* unit would do the same for the 6* quest.

garath

Is there another get a 5* quest after the first 5*+5?

I was able to have the tower 5* reward fulfill the 5* unit quest and I was hoping the event 6* unit would do the same for the 6* quest.

No, there isn't a get a 5* quest after that first make a 5* into a +5. It jumps right into make another 5* into a +5.

Azusa

Finally finished my guide quest and got Velika. Such power indeed. It becomes much easier and faster to grind 7-1.

garath

Finally finished my guide quest and got Velika. Such power indeed. It becomes much easier and faster to grind 7-1.

Damn. That's a nice grab from the guide quest.

I'm not terribly happy with my team. Spike doesn't seem like one of the stronger arena 7K units, I don't have any dedicated tanks. I've only won 2 of my last 15 arena battles in diamond. Anyone with a 6* Jave, Eileen, dellon or Kris pretty much auto wins. I stand a chance against other comps but the ai does not favor me. For some reason it doesn't like to attack with my 6* +5 mage in the single back row slot.

Plus a lot of teams are just flat out stronger. Got a lot of work to do on mine.

Azusa

I don't care much about arena right now. It's better to farm fodder and fuse characters. Or you can spend $$$ as many players in the top list of arena did. It's a fast but expensive way.

garath

I don't care much about arena right now. It's better to farm fodder and fuse characters. Or you can spend $$$ as many players in the top list of arena did. It's a fast but expensive way.

Yeah. That's a good point. Might as well work on fusing. It should be pretty painless to do some 4* fusings. Might get lucky and get another 7K eventually.

I only bought the May's box which is the cost of a premium app (which this has given me way more entertainment than) and I'm in crystal rank (top 100 right now but it's first day). You don't have to spend money. I even finished my mastery today and I have 4 6* + 1 5* as my team. Arena also gives you honor to buy more keys for more ruby farming and of course the Halloween event. There isn't that much content you can do it all.

I only bought the May's box which is the cost of a premium app (which this has given me way more entertainment than) and I'm in crystal rank (top 100 right now but it's first day). You don't have to spend money. I even finished my mastery today and I have 4 6* + 1 5* as my team. Arena also gives you honor to buy more keys for more ruby farming and of course the Halloween event. There isn't that much content you can do it all.

The may box is definately worth the money, its close to $50+ worth of content in there

draw4wild

I started playing this yesterday, so far so good. Similar to Dragon Blaze but the fact that you can rank up heroes to remove some of the randomness is why I wound up quitting Dragon Blaze

I think I have bad luck tho, for my first free pull I got 4 star Pirate Victoria, which I was happy with. In the 4 4star tickets I've earned thru playing, I've gotten all Victorias, and my first 3 star fusion I got another Victoria. I have 5 Victorias atm and no idea what to do with them all. I guess eventually fuse them away but I think thats still awhile away

Sent an app to Solaire, ign Setzer

OMG high rank Jave is so scary. 1:4 with him in the back hits like a missile... twice! I've even lost with my immune units killing themselves attacking him.

Amon37

Is there any negative attack bonuses being in the back row?

Also got dark Kris on my 7k login bonus. His passive....so good

Azusa

Is there any negative attack bonuses being in the back row?

Nope. Back row is for attacking and the front row is for defending and support. All formations give defence bonus for the front row and attack bonus for the back row. Look at 1-4 formation where the only one back row has a huge +DMG bonus.

And enemy usually attacks the front row.

draw4wild

What is the most keys you can have that it will still recharge? I had 18 keys last night and woke up with 18 keys, shouldn't I be getting 6 an hour?

Azusa

8 key the cap. At rank 20 the cap will be 9 keys.

If you have 100 active friends you'll get 300 honour per day = 30 keys (5 hours of recharge). Also you can farm honour in arena.

Guild check-in reward is 6 or 8 keys daily. And you'll get also some keys as event/daily reward and weekly quest reward (40 keys).

draw4wild

Wow that's less keys than I would have thought. It says a max of 999, so I figured it would have been around 25

I finished easy last night, which was very easy. I used the 3star light element you get from world 1 in normal to make Karin 4stars. I don't know if I should use the 3 star earth from world 2 on Hellenia, or save it and make it a 4star earth next week for future use.

Azusa

Wow that's less keys than I would have thought. It says a max of 999, so I figured it would have been around 25

I finished easy last night, which was very easy. I used the 3star light element you get from world 1 in normal to make Karin 4stars. I don't know if I should use the 3 star earth from world 2 on Hellenia, or save it and make it a 4star earth next week for future use.

You will need one 4* element and one 5* to rank up our 7Knight that you will get on the 7th day. When you finish the guide quest (part of it) and receive a 5* element selector wait for the 7Knight to see what kind of element you need.

There are 5 dark, 1 earth and 1 fire 7Knight. So save earth, fire and dark.

Top Bottom