• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 coming for Call of Duty's neck "Retweet to pay respect"

Ashtar

So i saw shinobi retweet this
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/781641472206639104
See the 1st #Titanfall2 SP Gameplay Live: http://bit.ly/2doHHTW

Respawn has innovated the stale FPS genre once again.
RT to Pay Respects

Rare for a game developer to call out another one, but with ReSpawn going head to head with their former studio I imagine there may be some bad blood between the two.

I know battlefield and CoD have fired shots but this could be ripe for twitter beef

Drop titan on me if old

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh boy, SHOTS FIRED! Epic pwn!

I can see Bobby from here, shaking his fist in anger while the CoD team sits in a corner and cries.

PSqueak

Banned
I hope the reply tweet calls titanfall just some game with mechs, don't the developers go berserker when they call the titans mechs?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I want more of this.

remember when the Deus Ex Twitter made fun of the Advanced Warfare trailer?

Where exactly are they calling out CoD? That tweet could also mean they are calling out Battlefield 1, Overwatch, Doom, etc. Maybe Respawn is calling out everyone. Make no friends, only enemies.

Dominator

Where exactly are they calling out CoD? That tweet could also mean they are calling out Battlefield 1, Overwatch, Doom, etc. Maybe Respawn is calling out everyone. Make no friends, only enemies.
Did you miss Advanced Warfare's "Press X to Pay Respects" scene at a funeral in the game?

Hexa

f2e.jpg_large

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

It's old Infinity Ward staff going up the new Infinity Ward with a sci-fi FPS.

Not the classiest thing in the world but I gotta imagine that they aren't particularly thrilled with the state of the franchise that a hell of a lot of people at Respawn were responsible for creating.

This isn't like the Bungie/MS split. There was nothing amicable between them and Activision.

Kacho

I'm like 100% sure there's no bad blood between the two studios. It's just a bit of fun. Don't read into it too much.

It's a bit odd that Titanfall's biggest competitor for my time this year is a remaster of Respawn's very own game.

In any event, going to be a terrific few months coming up with Battlefield, TF2, IW, Gears 4 and MWR. Great looking games, all for different tastes. Great time to be a shooter fan.

They're doing that the year Activision is releasing a remaster of MW1. I guess the one that thought this was fine is the same person that selected the release date.

RE4PRR

Means nothing when the active users on the game tanks like it did with the first Titanfall.

I'm more hoping BF1 will outperform both tbh (COD will tho as per usual, but I've pre ordere both so.)

I feel like its going to be a less severe version of the Battleborn/Overwatch catfight all over again unless they drastically changed the MP up.

farisr

Titanfall sold over 10 mil on Xbox/PC.
I don't see it selling 2X CoD on PS4 as well.
No, 7 million. And this time around Titanfall isn't nearly as hyped up as the first game was, not to mention it is going directly against CoD and Battlefield. EA's own estimates peg it at doing 9 to 10 million because they realize this. CoD can double that.

Titanfall sold over 10 mil on Xbox/PC.
I don't see it selling 2X CoD on PS4 as well.

Titanfall launched in March with no other competition.

Titanfall 2 has Battlefield 1 the week before and Call of Duty the week after. Gears 4 launching in the same month. Not to mention you still have games like Overwatch/Destiny with huge fanbases

Im still baffled that they dont delay the game. EA is crazy to launch it almost the same time like Battelfield 1.

Really dont know what they think to gain from this. This is some "we gonna sell 200mil xbox ones!" shit.

Johndoey

Banned
Im still baffled that they dont delay the game. EA is crazy to launch it almost the same time like Battelfield 1.

Really dont know what they think to gain from this. This is some "we gonna sell 200mil xbox ones!" shit.
I assume they figure this and Battlefield can coexist well enough and Titanfall can siphon off some sales from Call of duty. It might work out.

It probably doesn't need to sell gangbusters to justify it's existence.

Top Bottom