• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 coming for Call of Duty's neck "Retweet to pay respect"

iMax

CiqiAoMUUAQYG2R.jpg

Reminds me of this:

CVwR7u5UEAAv6b6.png

score01

I guess they are working on the assumption of any publicity is good publicity? I don't care for TF or COD but even I know that one of these is going to stomp the other.

Respawn devs should preferably keep their head down and focus on delivering a great game.

Trying to ruffle COD with tweets is kind of embarrassing really, especially when it will be crushed sales wise no matter what.

Just like the Battleborn "come at me bro" Overwatch tweet is hilarious in hindsight.

OléGunner;218596067 said:
Respawn devs should preferably keep their head down and focus on delivering a great game.

Seriously, the devs spent what like 6 months coming up with that tweet when they could have been making the game wtf respawn get it together.

Seriously, the devs spent what like 6 months coming up with that tweet when they could have been making the game wtf respawn get it together.

I worded that terribly my bad.
Just meant that the devs should focus on making a great game and the marketing guys should communicate that and not bother poking the 600lb COD gorilla.

There's no benefit to doing this.

joebruin

So maybe it won't sell as many as the next CoD. Maybe there's still some bad blood.
Alls I know is, I haven't touched CoD (or a straight up multiplayer shooter) since Blops 2, and yet here I am with TF2 pre-ordered, after having been tickled pink by the tech test.

Plus, that Tweet gave me a sensible chuckle, so I feel like I'm "winning" for now.

I mean, clearly Respawn is the underdog here. My perspective is that it's just a bit of fun, but I can see how some may take it more seriously.

I think that's what I find funny about it. (I just hope it's self-aware.)

Which is a bit odd since the complaints in the tech test were that the game played more like cod than tf. Guess you would have bought blops3 if you had tried the beta ;)

I chuckled too but it was combined with an eye roll.

xRaizen

LMAO we all know TitanFall 2 won't even touch CoD's sales, especially due to the massively bad word of mouth after that beta.

Naglafar

What will be the go to platform for this? I have both Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Leaning Xbox One. Since original TF is still active on it, I'm not too worried about no community for this one.

What will be the go to platform for this? I have both Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Leaning Xbox One. Since original TF is still active on it, I'm not too worried about no community for this one.

PS4 just like every other game in terms of sheer numbers. It's a shooter and it started on Xbox so it will be solid there too. Worst on PC just like Call Of Duty.

Kinda ironic that a lot of people will probably be choosing CoD this year over Titanfall to get COD4 again.

If IW didn't have COD4 I probably would get TF2 instead, but COD4 always wins.

I find It funny that the reason cod will murder respawn this year Is due in large part to the game respawn made 10 years ago.

Without MWR cod would still sell boatloads, but having the remaster will also add to it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
After seeing the Battlefield 1 single player trailer last night I can't muster up excitement for Titanfall or CoD. I'm so burned out on all of the future shit.

JimiNutz

Banned
COD will sell more unfortunately but really hoping that Titanfall 2 can be successful.
It's the only major online shooter this season that's offering something different and unique.
Nothing else really plays like Titanfall.

From the big 3 shooters coming out this fall COD looks the worst so im gonna show my respects.

Does it? I thought the single-player stuff looks pretty cool. That being said, I watched some Titanfall 2 gameplay earlier and that looks sweet too. I don't think we've seen any proper campaign stuff from BF1, have we? Given DICE's last two efforts I'd say that's way, way down my list of expectations.

Reminds me of this:

CVwR7u5UEAAv6b6.png

Ha ha; that's genuinely great!

Titanfall sold over 10 mil on Xbox/PC.
I don't see it selling 2X CoD on PS4 as well.

No, they celebrated 10 million somethings. And you can bet that if it were 10 million sales they would have specified that.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Which is a bit odd since the complaints in the tech test were that the game played more like cod than tf. Guess you would have bought blops3 if you had tried the beta ;)

I chuckled too but it was combined with an eye roll.

Does Blops 3 have mechs? I'm just going after what interests me, and CoD dropped off my radar after Blops 2 (didn't enjoy the campaign or multiplayer).

So those complaints about the tech test were either from people who are (overly?) familiar with either CoD or TF1. I'm not married to either, so I guess I'm fortunate in that respect.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Perhaps in Single Player, TF2>COD>>>>BF1.

I suspect in Multiplayer, BF1>COD>TF2.

But I am fairly confident in sales, COD>BF1>>>>TF2.

PFD

Say all you want about Advanced Warfare and press F to pay respects, but its campaign was actually very enjoyable

Najaf

Meanwhile they are going to get crushed (again) by COD. And this time there is a legit Battlefield too.

Loved TF1, but those guys left the cash cow and TF is too niche to ever be on the same playing field in terms of sales.

Kade

Innovated by removing half if titanfall 1's mechanics?

What mechanics did they remove? I know some numbers were tweaked to the game's detriment but I can't think of anything significant being outright removed. Maybe Titan Shields but that was just replaced with another mechanic.

Weren't the numerous threads we had filled with disappointment because it was more like cod tho?

People were prejuding the hell out of the game based on 2 to 3 maps in a technical test.

The speed was slowed down for the first weekend but IIRC it was mainly wall running speed cap on the max run speed. They reverted it back to original TF1 values though.

There was also a lot of misinformation being spread, such as someone claiming you needed to killstreak to get a titan whereas that was not only false as you earned titan progress doing objectives, it wasn't a score streak either as progress carried over past death. People complained that you couldn't literally sit around doing nothing and gain a titan, thus they added gradual progression towards titans so you can earn a titan while afk the entire match.

I think now that they've shown off more maps, more customization, and such, opinion has gradually shifted to a more positive note.

Top Bottom