• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 coming for Call of Duty's neck "Retweet to pay respect"

therapist

pretty sure TF2 is gonna do poorly
its too close to bf1 , for one thing

cod will outsell it by a lot , its cod. not saying it looks like the better game , its just how it is.

From the big 3 shooters coming out this fall COD looks the worst so im gonna show my respects.

Indeed it does but IW also comes with something rather special, now I'm not saying it will boost sales by a huge number but it won't bomb as hard as most people believe/want it too.

They are using the created joke about that CoD moment. But I really don't see nor ever got why it started. The game basically asks you to initiate the action. The way it does that is by pressing a button. You think it would be 'better' to shake the controller or something? I don't get the problem. Even Conan made a jab on it, but I'm thinking it was also riding on the fad.

Plum

They are using the created joke about that CoD moment. But I really don't see nor ever got why it started. The game basically asks you to initiate the action. The way it does that is by pressing a button. You think it would be 'better' to shake the controller or something? I don't get the problem. Even Conan made a jab on it, but I'm thinking it was also riding on the fad.

Because it's an absurd example of both the industry's love affair with glaring button prompts and the sometimes laughable seriousness of modern military shooters. "Press F to pay respects" sounds like a parody of CoD instead of something you'd actually find in it.

People should keep in mind titanfall 2 is going up against 2 cods technically

Those and a Battlefield game. It's lucky that Destiny 2 isn't out this year as well.

For the millionth time, it's hilarious and meme-worthy because selling a sombre moment through just a button press makes it come across as trivialising to pay respect when it could probably wouldn't get any flack if it was just a cutscene. It's as silly as "Press X to jump in mass grave" or "Press X to question existence" among other ridiculous simplifications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfT1XLD51zc

Rathorial

Maybe they should focus the tweet towards the other EA shooter that will likely gut their sales, and ensure they underperform. No idea why they didn't delay until next year.

Also, I'm not seeing how the FPS genre is stale. Maybe a point last gen when every other game wanted to be Gears or CoD...but this gen has been far more varied. Shooters discovered interesting movement options, verticality, and less set-piece moment level design again.

I'll allow it.

cdmxena19.jpg

Top Bottom