• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 coming for Call of Duty's neck "Retweet to pay respect"

CiqiAoMUUAQYG2R.jpg
Reminded me of this too.

Darknight

I know COD SP campaigns get shit alot but Titanfall 2 i bet will be way shittier.

I mean from the looks of it the new COD is like the real Killzone 4 sequel everyone wanted from GG. Shadow Fall was pure garbage yet the trailer for the new COD looks amazing.

idk but maybe Respawn guy wish they could still work on some COD games. (lol)

what is with that youtube channel?

and why does it annoy me with a subscribe notification when I am trying to find the said video?

and why is Geoff part of it?

I assume they figure this and Battlefield can coexist well enough and Titanfall can siphon off some sales from Call of duty. It might work out.

It probably doesn't need to sell gangbusters to justify it's existence.
It needs to do well to sustain a community like CoD and Battlefield and not dwindle after a year.

MAYBE if it didn't out come out around the same time as BF1 and COD it might have had a chance. But this game is basically getting sent out to die for no good reason.

Kalentan

MAYBE if it didn't out come out around the same time as BF1 and COD it might have had a chance. But this game is basically getting sent out to die for no good reason.

EA legit believes that between BF1 and TF2, that they will kill CoD. In the end it's going to kill one of their own games. Very arrogant.

So... uh, what exactly did Titanfall 2 innovate? Titanfall 1, sure, I would agree it innovated a lot. T2 seemed to just wholesale copy a ton of stuff from COD, at least what I played in the alpha.

Kalentan

So... uh, what exactly did Titanfall 2 innovate? Titanfall 1, sure, I would agree it innovated a lot. T2 seemed to just wholesale copy a ton of stuff from COD, at least what I played in the alpha.

As far as I know the parts they're touting as innovative for the SP is that it has dialogue choices with your AI companion and that the level design is very focused on the verticality of things.

RedRum

Banned
I like it. Unfortunately, TF2 won't make a dent with IW/MW this year. No one is touching them this year for that alone.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
And here I was hoping for Titanfall 2 to replace Call of Duty for me this year. After the tech test, and following good showings from IW, I'm much more interested in Call of Duty. Part of this come from feeling that Call of Duty this year seems to be trying to recreate a lot of what made "real" Infinity Ward's titles so great back in the day. MWR is a really faithful recreation of CoD4, and IW itself looks like it's capturing some of the awesome excess of Modern Warfare 2.

Titanfall 2 felt really restrictive in terms of customization by comparison, even for an early test. And that's to say nothing of the map design and TTK. IW's beta is still to come, sure, but after TF2's tech test, It'd take a lot more to convince me to get it. Maybe way down the line.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, because this type of Marketing has worked out so well in the past.

StillBornTauntsOverWatchTweeter.jpg

joebruin

Hah, no one's counting chickens. It's a playful jab at best, an ice burn at worst.

playful? i dunno. depends on whose perspective. i know its been years since mw2 but that divorce was pretty bad...

regardless...respawn can spin it either way depending on how this game sells. don't think activision would ever respond. tf2 is minor leagues.

I'm OK with them taking shots at IW. They're going to sell what they sell regardless though, hopefully it does well for them being on more consoles. Might as well talk some shit along the way.

pizzacat

Banned
Going after cod is so zzzzz

It's like trying to insult the Great Wall of china

It's so massive that there's nothing you can do really and it's a fucking wall

Dominator

Respawn must know that they are going to get annihilated by Call of Duty sales (and even Battlefield)...

I think the game is going to do ok, but not nearly the amount they probably could make in March/April of next year.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I keep going back and forth on Titanfall 2, loved the first one, meh on the demo.

I've got a preorder but can't help but think it'll sell nothing and be half price by Christmas.

joebruin

I keep hoping for a last minute delay.

"Due to player feedback and respawn wanting to put out the best game possible, tf2 has been delayed until March"

day one baby. as soon as they announced attrition i was back in.

unfortunately will get murked by cod and battlefield 1 but i pray the player base is still a decent size for this one. moving from pc to ps4 because of this and i'd like to not get burned again.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Thing is, I don't think it would be seen that way if they 'lose' though.

playful? i dunno. depends on whose perspective. i know its been years since mw2 but that divorce was pretty bad...

regardless...respawn can spin it either way depending on how this game sells. don't think activision would ever respond. tf2 is minor leagues.

So maybe it won't sell as many as the next CoD. Maybe there's still some bad blood.
Alls I know is, I haven't touched CoD (or a straight up multiplayer shooter) since Blops 2, and yet here I am with TF2 pre-ordered, after having been tickled pink by the tech test.

Plus, that Tweet gave me a sensible chuckle, so I feel like I'm "winning" for now.

I mean, clearly Respawn is the underdog here. My perspective is that it's just a bit of fun, but I can see how some may take it more seriously.

Going after cod is so zzzzz

It's like trying to insult the Great Wall of china

It's so massive that there's nothing you can do really and it's a fucking wall

I think that's what I find funny about it. (I just hope it's self-aware.)

Top Bottom