• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DeVos, Sessions expected to be confirmed in tight votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkdx12

Why is this so unorganized. They should all be required to be present to give their vote in an orderly fashion.

People just walking around all willy nilly flashing thumbs up/thumbs down

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Wonder if Dems gave a shot at getting the Sessions vote out of the way first.

Get him outta the picture and then DeVos is denied.

This has been over since Murkowski and Collins got the okay to vote No.

We don't have the votes to stop any of these nominees.

Symphonic

Thanks Republicans. This vote is probably one of the last straws in me never having kids... Ugh.

Dude you can't let this discourage you for things like that. If we all had that thought things would never get better because no one would be raising kids with opposing opinions.

Hang in there.

Honestly this might be the best option. Even if they did turn the nomination down, you know that the Trump administration would force her into the position somehow. This way, the vote comes down to Pence. Now his name is forever attached to this pick.

Imagine after it goes to shit what happens to the public's opinion of Pence.

dohdough

I really gotta know why some of you folks thought McCain was a possibility.

I'm still hoping the last R vote is no though. :(

studyguy

Honestly this might be the best option. Even if they did turn the nomination down, you know that the Trump administration would force her into the position somehow. This way, the vote comes down to Pence. Now his name is forever attached to this pick.

Imagine after it goes to shit what happens to the public's opinion of Pence.

All the same the public suffers in the meantime, it's a poor salve for what will be an assault on public education.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
McCain is all talk. He's spineless.

Yep. His "Maverick" persona has been all talk since at least 2004. McCain-Feingold,Immigration Reform and Anti-Torture were a long damn time ago.

He's been a lockstep R since Obama took office.

SpecX

This is complete bullshit, my daughter just started kinder this school year and now I fear she's going to get a shit education when she needs the best in the beginning years of her development. Glad we have her in private kinder, but private school after this isn't sustainable for us financially. I was hoping this bitch would pull out with all the uproar about her, but now I feel she's going to go hard once confirmed.

What happens after she gets through the Senate? Do the house of reps have any say and is there any chance of stopping her?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The democrat resistance is a facade.
They knew they couldn't do anything to stop the confirmations.

Not a facade. They would have done it if it wouldn't have passed.

Sulik2

So you're going to let them win? If you have the desire to raise a child then go for it.

He is choosing not to be a selfish POS who brings a child into a corrupt and collapsing human civilization who will only live a life of misery. Resisting those biological impulses should be applauded. Climate change, corruption and capitalism have doomed global human society.

Anyone having having kids right now after taking a realistic look at the course humanity is on is incredibly selfish. Its not about letting them win, its about sparing a kid years of suffering that they have no control over.

This is complete bullshit, my daughter just started kinder this school year and now I fear she's going to get a shit education when she needs the best in the beginning years of her development. Glad we have her in private kinder, but private school after this isn't sustainable for us financially. I was hoping this bitch would pull out with all the uproar about her, but now I feel she's going to go hard once confirmed.

What happens after she gets through the Senate? Do the house of reps have any say and is there any chance of stopping her?
The House isn't involved with cabinet confirmations..

She's in.

Meowster

Yep. His "Maverick" persona has been all talk since at least 2004. McCain-Feingold,Immigration Reform and Anti-Torture were a long damn time ago.

He's been a lockstep R since Obama took office.
Which... I could at least understand (though find deplorable) while people were being primaried left and right for ideological purity and having to be as safe as possible. This is his last term. He has nothing left to lose. He could be redeeming the Republican Party and his own name. But he chooses not to with no reason to do so. Republicans (voters) didn't like this woman either. It's just shameful.

I'm in school to be a teacher. I want to teach. I want to give kids a quality education. I want make a difference for these kids.

Fuck. This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom