• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE exposes customer names, home addresses, emails, birthdates in massive leak

It's likely been discussed to death in WrestleGAF but I'm certain that not all WWE Network subscribers follow that thread (and I didn't see a dedicated one here in OT) and this is a big fucking deal.

Around three million users are affected

Childrens info, customer names, ages, home addresses - this is all shit people can use for all kinds of nasty shit.

From Cageside Seats (via Forbes)

The data - which also included home and email addresses, birthdates, as well as customers' children's age ranges and genders where supplied - was sitting on an Amazon Web Services S3 server without username or password protection, Dyachenko said. It's likely the database was misconfigured by WWE or an IT partner as in other recent leaks on Amazon-hosted infrastructure. WWE said it was investigating.

Thanks for the heads-up mate. I'll be on the list lol. Identity fraud for only 9.99!

This carny-ass company lmao. I can't even be mad at them, I probably should have expected something like this.

AzerPhire

Not that they are really to blame but maybe Amazon should force users to put a strong password in place when using their service. Seeing all these day leaks and that they are coming Amazon hosted servers is going to start bringing them a lot of negative attention.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The data - which also included home and email addresses, birthdates, as well as customers' children's age ranges and genders where supplied - was sitting on an Amazon Web Services S3 server without username or password protection,

how stupid can you be

Carnby

The data - which also included home and email addresses, birthdates, as well as customers' children's age ranges and genders where supplied - was sitting on an Amazon Web Services S3 server without username or password protection, Dyachenko said. It's likely the database was misconfigured by WWE or an IT partner as in other recent leaks on Amazon-hosted infrastructure. WWE said it was investigating.

So my WWE Network password is safe? Phew.

Cool. I'm going to be on the list.

Thanks Vince and Co.

Thanks for the heads-up mate. I'll be on the list lol. Identity fraud for only 9.99!

This carny-ass company lmao. I can't even be mad at them, I probably should have expected something like this.

You two and myself?

BVbv7ZY.gif

El Topo

Why in the world would you ever store data on a server in such a way that anyone can access it with the right URL without a password?

Linkura

I showed my husband the "You just made the list" GIF and he thought Jericho was Gordon Ramsay ROFLMAO

Obviously doesn't watch wrestling.

noquarter

Family, hope I site like for the Ashley Madison leaks doesn't show up. Would hate for my wife to find out that way.

-Triple H and Stephanie appears on Raw to talk about the leak, and apologizes profusely
-Kurt Angle's music hits to a massive pop
-Angle berates them for accounts not being secured, says "integrity is one of my 3 i's"
-Hunter makes a sex joke about Angle, Steph butts in
-Angle makes a reference to kissing Steph just before Summerslam 2000
-Hunter gets pissed, Steph gets flustered
-Angle challenges Hunter at Summerslam 2017

Don't get worked friends.

The leak was masterminded by Bray Wyatt so he could have the whole WWE universe in his hands, fortunately Roman Reigns will punch him into submission and then we'll finally cheer for him right?

gordy

Neo Member
It's odd to think that myself and the current president are likely both victims of the same cyber attack.

Top Bottom