• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE exposes customer names, home addresses, emails, birthdates in massive leak

Hesh

This is pretty shitty, but the blow would be softened if someone took this data to set up a parody site of haveIbeenpwned to something you can type names into to find out if they're a wrestling fan or not.

15n0qqt.png

Stage 1: Interfere in US Presidential Election.
Stage 2: Hack WWE Network user data.
Stage 3: Invade the United States using Rusev as the tip of the spear.
tenor.gif

I'm happy to go on record and state that most of the funny posts in the thread are well worth any identity fraud that gets comitted in my name thanks to double double E.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So, for clarity, does this mean it's Amazon's fault for not securing their servers properly, or WWE's? Or is it even possible for us to know?

They're just servers. Amazon rents the space and the client chooses what they do with it.

Say you have a company that distributes software. You have the compiled, executable software for people to download, run, and use in one zip file that's not password protected, and then you have your sourcecode which can be mined for vulnerabilities or hacked to remove rights protections in another zip file which is password protected.

One day when uploading a new source code zip you forget to put the password on.

That's on you.

Aiii

So not worth it
Around three million users are affected

In other words. Every single user ever on the WWE Network.

---
I never gave WWE my real address. As a rule I only enter my real address on websites that need to send me stuff, everyone else gets a fake.

DJChuy

Great. I'm on the list as well. If WWE uses this in a storyline and shifts the blame on Strowman, he would still get cheered over The Big Dog.

Not expecting much from the E. They'll possibly give a free WWE subscription and a Ryback tshirt.

Tom Nook

HHH: If Sony gets all the attention from these Hacks in the past, it will work for us too. BEST FOR BUSINESS!

Considering the USSR invaded Bulgaria during WWII and then maintained a military dictatorship in the country for 50 years after, it must be a tough pill to swallow to have to come out to the goddam Soviet National Anthem for a Bulgarian guy.

It's like the goddam Iron Shiek, an Iranian, having to rep Saddam Hussein in 1991 ........ a guy who had just dropped gas bombs on Iranian civilians 2 years earlier ... It's like jesus christ, Vince.

Wrasslin is fake, they play characters. If he was really offended by playing a Russian he shouldn’t be on tv. Not shockingly he’s been a complete bore since switching to Bulgarian. No fan gives a shit about that country in terms of getting heat

Top Bottom