• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-ZERO (SNES) is 30 cents FEB 20th to MAR 21st on the Wii U eShop

Eric C

Just thought I'd make a post reminding everyone that F-ZERO (SNES) is 30 cents from Feb 20th to Mar 21st on the Wii U eShop.

yICBp6pl.jpg

QJX8q8M.jpg
nSfqliS.png

ksq9OXQ.png
THb6Nbs.png

dat Mode 7

It's part of Nintendo's 30 30 30 promotion
JVIh8r9.png

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/downloads/virtual-console/
* After specified promotional period, each game will be made available in the Nintendo eShop at regular price. Wii U owners who have purchased the game(s) during the promotional period will not need to purchase the game(s) again at the regular price. Games purchased during this promotional period are eligible for 2 points in the Deluxe Digital Program. Point value subject to change.

GMOONqY.png

$0.30
4 Mexican Pesos
1 Brazilian real
€0.30
£0.30

Edit 1:
Europe get's 60hz
For those who missed it. Confirmed the PAL gamers are getting 60Hz version.
F-ZERO™
(Nintendo) Wii U
(Virtual Console) Nintendo eShop (€0.30) (£0.30)

Game Description: Part of the Family Computer 30th Anniversary Campaign.
In the year 2560, the greatest racing competition is the F-ZERO championship. Pilots from across the galaxy risk their lives in a high-speed battle of turbo-charged hovercraft. Taking full advantage of the Super NES’s 'Mode 7™' effect, F-ZERO redefined racing games with its smooth, fast graphics and thrilling gameplay. It also featured one of the most famous soundtracks in video games, and introduced players to the likes of Captain Falcon and Samurai Goroh.
This is a release of the US-NTSC version of the game running at 60Hz.

Edit 2:
Robin64 made a page for GAF highscores
Woot!

I quickly put together a page to keep track of scores. We can make it nicer if it gets popular. But who knows! For now it's there, and if anyone else posts times, I'll add to it.
A quick snap should be okay. Heck, post to Miiverse if you don't have a camera and tell me to check your posts.

PKrockin

Wait... you buy these games to keep? The Nintendo Direct this was announced in made it sound like a trial period, thus you'd have to buy it for real after the promotion. I'm crazy.

Yay, put money in my wallet or whatever the eShop calls it just for these releases. Going to enjoy playing this one again more than Balloon Fight.

Not really interested in this one, Mario & Yoshi or Donkey Kong. Grabbed Balloon Fight and gonna get Punch-Out!, Kirby and Super Metroid though. Would be all up on Donkey Kong if it were the arcade version, shame they keep pushing the NES port.

Wait... you buy these games to keep? The Nintendo Direct this was announced in made it sound like a trial period, thus you'd have to buy it for real after the promotion. I'm crazy.

Lots of people were confused on this point, myself included. The program is a trial of the Virtual Console, they're not trial games.

Where was all this noise when the Wii and PS3 were doing it? I mean yeah it kinda sucks, but it's been the standard for six years now. People should've been complaining when this stuff started, not now that 50hz is entrenched.

Not gonna stop me from buying titles I'm interested in anyway. Played through Super Metroid on my PAL cart last year and enjoyed the experience all the same.

Eric C

yeah the Nintendo Direct was confusing, but if you buy the game for 30¢ you get to keep it.

Dont forget balloon trip runs out soon

Yeah. For anyone that still wants it you have until Feb 21st to get Balloon Fight for 30¢
QhPTaGV.png

Madao

FUCK.
EVERYONE BUY THE GAME!
WE NEED A NEW ONE AT ANY COST!
AAAAAAAAAAA!!!
30 CENTS IS NOTHING. EVEN CANDY COSTS MORE!!
GNRSPLGTOSBDHOSEHRSDS!!!"·"$·"$·%$%

Croc

Banned
Yesss thank you for posting this. I would have forgotten about it.

I'm not even too pumped about most of these 30/30/30 games but I can't pass them up at 30 cents.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm not even too pumped about most of these 30/30/30 games but I can't pass them up at 30 cents.

Yeah it's basically free.

I wouldn't have bought these games (I think I own nearly all of them?) but since they're so cheap, really cool to have the option to play on gamepad.

Richie

I consider this a brilliant move on Nintendo's part, and I'd greatly encourage this to be a permanent promotion all through the Wii U's lifetime; a classic videogame each month at 30 cents, how does that sound? I'd get everything at that price!
The GamePad is a thing of beauty to play these oldies, playing Balloon Fight on it as opposed to play the Ambassador's version on the 3DS, it was night and day. Cannot wait until they confirm N64 games. Mario Kart 64 on bed...

Eric C

Is it up? Maybe I'm blind but I can't find it on the shop yet.

No, I don't think it's up yet.

Going by when they update the Club Nintendo games, it might not be up until between 9AM-10AM PST or 12-1PM EST.

I'd guess the European and UK shops should be updated sometime before that though.

I'm honestly not sure what time Nintendo updates the Wii U eShop.

Nintendo doesn't own the copyrights for the code of the Arcade Donkey Kong anymore.

That would make sense, but wasn't the version of Donkey Kong in DK64 the arcade original? The Japanese version of course with the linear progression compared to the weird 1-4 1-2-4 1-2-3-4 cycle but the arcade game all the same.

Top Bottom