• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Meet Up Episode VII: Jeremy Hunt Strikes Again - Sat 28th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

2QMaMZD.png

That's right, it's nearly time for LondonGAF Meetup VII*!!

Once again we'll be meeting in London for obvious reasons.

There'll be plenty of opportunities to meet up at the actual expo during the days, which will be covered in the main thread. This thread is focusing on the Saturday night festivities.

WSzhh5u.png

Eurogamer Expo finishes at 7pm.
From there, we'll saunter on over to The King's Head and consume a few beverages whilst people join up.
After that, I've got us a room reserved at Loading Bar from 9-11pm where we can chill, drink, chat, sneak off for ciggie breaks, play some games and listen to some tunes (I presume). The only requirement is that we each have to buy a drink. If anyone doesn't want their drink, I'm more than willing to drink it (unless everyone does this in a wild attempt to get me hammered immediately)
Finally, to bring the evening to a blistering climax, I'm thinking we head back to Borderline as it's local, fun, cheap and loud.

Any suggestions welcome, speak up if you've got any ideas, requests or concerns!

CGNxta4.png

IamMikeside
Musha_Soturi
NinjaBoiX
Jordan
zomgbbqftw
J_Tourettes (rip)
jimbor
Jedeye Sniv
radioheadrule83 (rip)
dapperbandit
PrematureQuiche
BGBW
messofanego
Lirlond
afoni
Seanspeed
runlikehell
Bazza
Darren870
eggybob

MAYBES
Deaf Spacker
RobotNinjaHornets
wetflame
Olliewilldie
Wunder

Lf0tFGQ.png

Xun
Tashbrooke
Selfish Pizza

zlMK46y.png

Whet your appetite with this photo evidence of actual people from the internet meeting up and consuming various alcoholic beverages.
6maFG1x.png
yZJT8X5.png
leVHlZ5.png

Zb5KujU.png
p06wVp8.png
G9U6jYZ.png

SC4Js8j.png
Uw0RnpI.png
IG1c1BA.png

BritGAF Paradise

*please be excited

Jordan

I have just realised that this is before payday. Technically I should be alright, but with a fairly busy month - there's always the bank of mum and dad if needs must and all that :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Suggestion: phone up beforehand to find out if the DJ playing on the night isn't a stuckup arse who will play Hotio's Paradise of the Gangster Chaps the the Master of Idol's My Way you Go.

Mikeside

Suggestion: phone up beforehand to find out if the DJ playing on the night isn't a stuckup arse who will play Hotio's Paradise of the Gangster Chaps the the Master of Idol's My Way you Go.

This is not a confirmation of attendance.
And if they don't play Gangster's Paradise, we'll just sing it at them again.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Assumption is correct. Day after payday, I shall be there with bells on and may even join the gilded halls of hardcore gaf, you never know. Bring it.

Edit: we can talk about GTA yaaaaaaaaay

Assumed

Aw yiss.

I'll go but only if people aren't just talking about Eurogamer, since I never got a ticket and eventually your cool stories will fade out and be replaced by sad violin music in my head.

I kinda want to come, especially if I can squeeze in Eurogamer expo time, but I don't have a ticket for that thing :(

Not sure if it even requires one.

I already have Eurogamer Expo tickets, didn't know many of you guys were going! Awesome stuff. Can't wait to play Assault Android Cactus.

floorchange.gif

rbomber2.gif

Also, yes I'd like to try karaoke for the first time ever.

Use thread subscriptions.
...good point.

This'll be a great one to join in for!
I'll be more likely to come if I get this job tomorrow, so here's hoping I get that job tomorrow.

Looks interesting, but i don't drink

I don't think everyone will be drinking - there'll be music, chatting and dancing to enjoy.
If it helps, I won't be if I come either. And being sober's never been a huge problem when everyone else is drunk, just means you get to laugh at them.

Though fuck dancing. I hate dancing.

I already have Eurogamer Expo tickets, didn't know many of you guys were going! Awesome stuff. Can't wait to play Assault Android Cactus.

floorchange.gif

rbomber2.gif
Isn't a GAF dood making this? I remember seeing it in the indie game dev thread

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
damn right I'm assumed, should be good to go, but it does depend on funding and stuff

christ i look sexy in teh OP, also nice OP mike
Looks interesting, but i don't drink
You don't need drink man, if anything it's more hilarious as you get to remember the shenanigans...unlike myself

Damn right i'm in!
Without trying to be Mr Buzzkill, there is a high chance you may not get into pubs, more and more places ID erryone on weekends

Mikeside

damn right I'm assumed, should be good to go, but it does depend on funding and stuff

You don't need drink man, if anything it's more hilarious as you get to remember the shenanigans...unlike myself

Without trying to be Mr Buzzkill, there is a high chance you may not get into pubs, more and more places ID erryone on weekends

Really hope you get time off for it, mate.

And I think Sah means Ninja's meet after he turns 18

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just a protip: Even though it is set after Eurogamer it is recommended no one talks about games. There was an incident on the first meet when things got a little heated which resulted in someone losing an eye and another their life.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Put me down as a maybe, I won't be able to go to the Expo but I wouldn't mind coming out for another night out, the last one was good fun! Just need to see whether I can make it. Luckily I get paid the day before so shouldn't be too much of an issue budget-wise.

Jordan

Just to clarify for people not reading the OP. This is for the Saturday night only, not for meetings during EuroGamer, there will be another thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom