• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Meet Up Episode VII: Jeremy Hunt Strikes Again - Sat 28th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
Lf0tFGQ.png

Xun
Darren870
Tashbrooke
afoni
Selfish Pizza

Put that afoni fucker on the confirmed list, yo. Dunno how long I'll stick about though, but I'll definitely meet at the pub after.

Maybe I'll even say hello DURING THE EXPO?!?!V !! !>?!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I'd love to get half that number for the next PittsburghGAF meetup.
England is a pretty small place so I think it is probably easier to get around, however I don't know which pittsburg you're on a about

Just keep at it and it will get better :D

Darren870

Put me down as a yes and I'll try to make it. Don't see why not as of now.

Can do drinks maybe the other nights too.

Mikeside

I'm back from Amsterdam!

Anyone got any input on things we should do in the evening? I'm all open to suggestions.

jimbor

Banned
I'm back from Amsterdam!

Anyone got any input on things we should do in the evening? I'm all open to suggestions.

I thought your Karaoke at Bloomsbury Bowling was good idea as the place kind of turns into a nightclub as the night goes on. Very close to Kings X and Euston stations too.

Darren870

Plan a month - two in advance to give everyone plenty of travel notice = ~15 people

Throw together a last minute meet up because evilore is coming = get 2-3x the turnout of previous meets

Funny how that works...

That being said, is Steven going go man up and come this time?

jimbor

Banned
Plan a month - two in advance to give everyone plenty of travel notice = ~15 people

Throw together a last minute meet up because evilore is coming = get 2-3x the turnout of previous meets

Funny how that works...

That being said, is Steven going go man up and come this time?

He said he'd only come if Anthony drinks honey Jack Daniels and tells his Snoop Dogg joke repeatedly.

Mikeside

I thought your Karaoke at Bloomsbury Bowling was good idea as the place kind of turns into a nightclub as the night goes on. Very close to Kings X and Euston stations too.

Bloomsbury is all booked up, unfortunately.

Shall we abandon karaoke and look for some pubs and clubs instead? I've had a good old trawl for karaoke places and it seems we're SOL.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Bloomsbury is all booked up, unfortunately.

Shall we abandon karaoke and look for some pubs and clubs instead? I've had a good old trawl for karaoke places and it seems we're SOL.

We could just have a general singsong between pubs perhaps? Or an ipad karaoke app lol.

What has that knock knock joke too? all i remember is being drunk and it being HILARIOUS for about an hour.

I just told Andy that joke. Not even a smile. He told me this one back.

Why did the baker have brown hands?

because he kneaded a poo

Mikeside

I've sent an email to Loading Bar in Soho to see if they can accommodate us with a private room or anything for a couple of hours.

If so, that could be fun & maybe we could arrange for some kind of iPad karaoke there?

I dunno, I'll see what they reply with, but fingers crossed.

I've sent an email to Loading Bar in Soho to see if they can accommodate us with a private room or anything for a couple of hours.

If so, that could be fun & maybe we could arrange for some kind of iPad karaoke there?

I dunno, I'll see what they reply with, but fingers crossed.

I tried with them for one of the other meets but they had an event on. It's kinda small but they have a downstairs room as well with arcade machines in.

What are we going to do for food?

Rich!

I just love that gag! Any opportunity.

Why not? Of course you should come!

Ahhh I guess I could. Is the plan to stay overnight? I used to have a girlfriend in London, and the trains at night were unreliable at best.

This is all totally dependant on my new work Rota though.

eek. London really isn't a great place for me to get to. I'll have to think on it.

Mikeside

OK excellent.

I've booked us a room at Loading Bar in Soho.
Musha, Shorty and I went there for a couple of drinks the night before the last big meet & it was a really nice atmosphere there - great for having a relaxed few drinks and chatting, so I think it'll be perfect for our needs.

The only requirement is that everyone buys a drink. Anyone who doesn't want to drink (I'm certain there'll be milkshakes and soft drinks too anyway) is more than welcome to sell theirs to me, eggybob and Jedeye.

I'm thinking after that we should go to Borderline - we've been there before & it was a great laugh, it's also very close to Loading Bar & not too expensive.

Thoughts, people?

Mikeside

Talking to the guy at Loading, we can bring our own music to play. I'm thinking the best plan is to get a playlist together. Who has suggestions? Ideally I'd like a few track ideas from a lot of people & I can get something together.

Darren870

How long is the room for?

I'm still planning on going. I will at least stop in for a quick hello/goodbye drink.

I get back from Budapest/Krakow on that Wednesday and still have so much crap to do before I leave.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking to the guy at Loading, we can bring our own music to play. I'm thinking the best plan is to get a playlist together. Who has suggestions? Ideally I'd like a few track ideas from a lot of people & I can get something together.
Wow, I may a joke in that Eurobeat about forcing the DJ to play Speedy Speed Boy the next time I go to a club, but now that joke will become a reality.

Oh and I'll also bring Go My Way.

Mikeside

How long is the room for?

I'm still planning on going. I will at least stop in for a quick hello/goodbye drink.

I get back from Budapest/Krakow on that Wednesday and still have so much crap to do before I leave.

We've got the room from 9-11pm, then we're off to Borderline again.

So are we going straight from the expo to the Loading bar? or to the one in the OP?

As in the OP, we're going to King's Head from 7pm - 8:30ish then we'll head to Loading from 9 until about 11.

Wow, I may a joke in that Eurobeat about forcing the DJ to play Speedy Speed Boy the next time I go to a club, but now that joke will become a reality.

Oh and I'll also bring Go My Way.

If you can get the tracks over to me, I'll make a mixtape out of peoples' suggestions & it'll be nice and seamless.

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
Been a lurker in these parts for quite a while and am considering coming to this thing assuming a dirty unknown lurker would be welcome?

I am a local (Crystal Palace) so it's hardly a long way for me to come. On a side note I have been to the loading bar a few times are it's a really nice place, should be great.

Mikeside

Been a lurker in these parts for quite a while and am considering coming to this thing assuming a dirty unknown lurker would be welcome?

I am a local (Crystal Palace) so it's hardly a long way for me to come. On a side note I have been to the loading bar a few times are it's a really nice place, should be great.

More than welcome, chap! It's always great to meet some new people - come along!

Pop into BritGAF and say hello there & you'll know a few of us before you come along, otherwise just turn up and you can be an enigma wrapped in a mystery. Like afoni.

Bazza

Gonna have to behave my self on the Thursday and not spend loads of money, i always do and suffer for it later in the month.

Wunder

Hello! Add me to the 'maybe' list of attendees, please. I'm not sure how busy I will be during orientation week but I'll try to make it :D

Mikeside

You guys have been added :)

All in all it looks like we could be seeing about 15-20 people this year - always room for more, though!

I'm thinking of grabbing extra shirts and shit at the expo on Thurs-Sat to give some away at this meet. Anyone else going to the conference, feel free to do the same for all those less fortunate :p

Loading Bar sounds fab, been wanting to go there for a while now.

Our own music?

I don't know what sort of music people want to hear, I have odd tastes.

Mikeside

Let's just all turn up with our iPods and whatnot & we'll decide who to listen to at the time. Could be fun.

So, we're just over a week away.... any late joiners coming along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom