• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second round of NA Dark Souls 2 PS3 beta invites going out this Thursday at 11 AM PDT

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Update: Here's the code 38QQ-8DNE-97AA and a link to the redemption page. It seems like they forgot to activate though cause people are getting errors when they try to redeem it.

Just like the first round of invites Namco will be distributing a universal NA PSN code for the client. The first 30k people to redeem the code will get access to the client. Everyone else will get an error so if you want to play make sure you redeem the code ASAP (use this site if you won't be near your console).

DS2 Facebook page said:
Attention all North/South American Dark Souls II fans!

Players will receive PSN messages with codes for the Dark Souls II PS3 Network Test on **Thursday 10/24 at 11:00AM PDT**.

We will also post a universal code here on the Facebook page.

The first 30,000 people to redeem a code will be able to download the Network Test client. If you are unable to redeem a code, that means the Network Test is full.

Q: What time will the servers be online?
A: The servers will be online from **11:00PM PDT on Saturday 10/26 to 2:00 AM PDT Sunday 10/27**. This is also posted on http://beta.darksoulsii.com/us/schedule.html

Q: If I was in the last test, do I have to redeem another code?
A: You will not need to redeem another code, you are guaranteed access to the next round if you already redeemed a code for the first round.

Q: How do I report bugs or issues with the Network Test?
A: The 'Form' page on Beta.DarkSoulsII.com will be updated to allow you to report any bugs you encounter during your experience: http://beta.darksoulsii.com/us/

Thank you for your support - We'll be posting all updates here on Facebook. So stay tuned, and feel free to ask any questions you have!

I'll update the OP with the code when it gets posted on Facebook.

t1382637600z4.png

Gartooth

I have class on Thursday that doesn't let out until 1:50 PM EST, so I probably won't make it to my PS3 in time...

Edit: I see the site you posted, that will be incredibly helpful. Thank you!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy christ, already have an in from the first code but the test is 2am-5am for me in est. -_-

Holy christ, already have an in from the first code but the test is 2am-5am for me in est. -_-

Your better off getting home from work/school/whatever and taking a long nap, then staying up from till 2-5. I've thrown my sleep schedule out of wack soo many times im a pro at recovering.

I just got back into Dark Souls (currently in the Dukes Archives, first playthrough. Originally had left off at new anor londo ruins) so I definitely am going to be trying to get a code!

Coiote

Will this beta have the same content?

If it is, I might be skipping it this time. I don't want to get burned out doing the same things again and again on a unfinished game. :(

boinx

Shieeet i got invited in the first batch but didn't even bother to try the game when the servers were open. How many invites were sent out the first time?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
If I missed out the first time, will I get another? Really thinking about skipping class to get this...
It's a universal code so even if you don't get an invite you can still get into the beta by going to their facebook page to get the code and being one of the first 30k to redeem it.

Shieeet i got invited in the first batch but didn't even bother to try the game when the servers were open. How many invites were sent out the first time?
First code was limited to 5k people.

Jeb

I was busy at the time I had to redeem my codes for the first round, can I use it for the second?

isual

I dont have work that day so I"m good to go.

Hopefully they get it sorted out so the codes are released on time unlike last time.

heuheueue

Ephemeris

Got in the first time due to that universal code (LOL) but never got a chance to play.

Hopefully get a chance to this round

LordCanti

I could play again. Is sorcery fun this time around (in the beta anyway)? I did a warrior knight last time, so I'd like to try something different.

Im curious to see if they change anything up in the new beta run. Im sure it will be the same area, but maybe swap out a couple different weapons/items. Or better yet, if they actually implement some of the feedback from the first beta.

...*remembered im on xbox and am limited to watching beta vids on youtube* -cry

How does this code work? The first so many people who use it will get it? I managed to get it, does that mean I'm in..?

The first 30,000 people who redeem it (you enter the code and then select redeem item, at least on the online PSN store) are in. If it's not working for you, try another account, seems like some accounts got locked out for spamming when the code wasn't working originally.

Anth0ny

So I entered the code, it said my code was redeemed, and now Dark Souls II Network Test appears under the media tab on the SEN website.

Am I in?

Gartooth

Damn it, I thought it was 11 pm - 2 am EDT, not 2 - 5 am. Will probably still play regardless because it is Saturday/Sunday night, but who the fuck thought this would be a good time for a beta?

Damn it, I thought it was 11 pm - 2 am EDT, not 2 - 5 am. Will probably still play regardless because it is Saturday/Sunday night, but who the fuck thought this would be a good time for a beta?

At least they will confirm that, indeed, the server load isn't very high during the early hours of the morning lol.

sqwarlock

Cool, got it redeemed. Thanks much for the code. Not a fan of the hours, but I'll probably stay up late anyways so I might as well have something to do.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not working for me :/

Edit: Oh it's only for NA, nvm then.

Top Bottom