• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next DOOM closed alpha test will be from Dec 3 to Dec 6. Invites going out.

Sooooo does everyone else just suck at this or am I a freaking God among Men? Last few games I've played my KDR's been in the 2:1+ range; constantly on the top of the scoreboards.

People suck different strategy here than in COD etc.

Yeah, I very quickly figured out "DON'T. STOP. MOVING!" and "Switch your weapons to speed up your TTK." 34+ kill games on PC. WITH AN XBONE CONTROLLER (I have issues with low FOVs on KB/M so any game with an FOV below 90 I play on a gamepad.)

Jito

Banned
Think the game is broke at the moment, can't seem to find any games at all while had no problem getting a match last night.

Nullabe

Dis two games. I like the feel of that new Doom. I'll definitly but it, but on PC, playing this game with a controller is really not cup of tea. But yeah, it will be fun !

Liamario

Banned
Haven't been able to get a game on PS4. Closest I've had was getting into a lobby and then kicked (Lobby is full).

Nullabe

It seems that i had problem with ethernet connection. Switched to wifi and i find Game more quicly ! If this can help.

Doom looks good and 60fps make me happy.

Edit: However, it's very repetitive. TDM on one short map with 6 weapons. Alpha I guess. Also the demon transformation is a very good idea, I like that power.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm probably not going to get chance to play this over the weekend, so here's a free PS4 EU code. You'll need to quote to view it.....

Quote to reveal code

Let others know if you've taken it please. Here are some details from the mail:

Closed Alpha Test Schedule

Start: Thursday, December 3, 2015 @ 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)
Burst test: Saturday, December 5, 2015 @ 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)
End: Sunday, December 6, 2015 @ 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)
Check when it runs in your time zone.

What is the Closed Alpha?

The DOOM MP Closed Alpha is a series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world end user environment. It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order), a demo, or representative of the final game.

The testing will take place throughout the weekend, but we’d love to see as many players as possible participating in the Alpha burst test @ 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5). For updates on the Alpha, be sure to follow @DOOM on Twitter.

*While the Beta and the full game will be available in multiple languages, the Closed Alpha is an English-only test.

*By participating in this Alpha, you are accepting confidentiality terms. Sharing or posting any content related to this Alpha test is strictly forbidden. If you violate the terms of the Alpha Agreement, you will be banned from this and any future test including the DOOM Beta, and may be subject to further legal action.

Participate in the Closed Alpha Forums

To access the Closed Alpha Forums.....PM me for link and password if you get the code.

Closed Alpha Test Gameplay Features

One Map: Heatwave
The Alpha will feature 1 multiplayer map: Heatwave. This industrial-themed map will place players in an arena setting featuring plenty of armor, ammo, and health pickups. Narrow corridors, walkways and small chambers all link to a central, open area of the map, providing players with a variety of environments that suit varying playstyles, as well as the focus point for fighting over key power-ups.

One Mode: 6v6 Team Deathmatch
Welcome to the core of DOOM’s arena-style multiplayer combat. In this mode, two teams of 6 players will try to dominate each other by fighting over the Revenant and Gauss Rifle power-ups, which provide devastating firepower that can turn the tide or ensure victory.

One Demon: Revenant
Being the first player to the Demon Rune will transform you into the powerful Revenant. Use your jetpack and dual rocket launchers to hunt down the other team for a limited time to either secure your team’s lead or mount a comeback.

One Power Weapon: Gauss Cannon
Available as a counter to the Revenant, this high-powered weapon destroys opponents in one blast. Use the alternate fire to see your targets through walls, but be warned, there is a limited number of shots, so use it to take down the demon rather than enemy players. Once you’re out of ammo, you have to wait for it to appear on the map again.

6 Weapons and 2 Equipment Items
The Closed Alpha will feature a limited arsenal of weapons and items featured in the complete game. They can be used both in standard and customizable loadouts.

Weapons

Vortex Rifle
Super Shotgun
Repeater
Rocket Launcher
Static Cannon
Plasma Rifle
Equipment Items

Personal Teleporter
Frag Grenade

Ixion

If you're playing on a console, I recommend using the "Strafe" controller preset.

That preset allows you to jump and aim at the same time. That will obviously heighten your skill ceiling and ultimately make the game even more fun. I've been performing a lot better since I made the change.

Jito

Banned
If you're playing on a console, I recommend using the "Strafe" controller preset.

That preset allows you to jump and aim at the same time. That will obviously heighten your skill ceiling and ultimately make the game even more fun. I've been performing a lot better since I made the change.

yeh the Strafe controller layout is so much better, jumping and shooting at the same time is essential.

Really wish I could get on right now, I just wanna play some good old fashioned arena shooting over throwing myself into the instant death meat grinder that is Star Wars Battlefront.

xBuTcHeRx

I'm in the same boat. Where I got an invite and even a notification from PSN saying I did but I see no Doom Alpha in my library or any way to download, this can't be an error for me since I purchased Wolfenstein at launch, put the doom beta key on the site and plat the damn game too, So idk how I'm not being able to download it.

Dis two games. I like the feel of that new Doom. I'll definitly but it, but on PC, playing this game with a controller is really not cup of tea. But yeah, it will be fun !

Wolfenstein TNO is hella better on PC with KB/M, it's a completely different game.

Anyone know if I can get this beta?

I didn't pre-order the game on Steam, but I own it now from the Steam november sale...

Do I also get the DOOM alpha?

lcap

Well, today I received a code by email but it says it's already been used. Well,dunno what to do anymore.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm in the same boat. Where I got an invite and even a notification from PSN saying I did but I see no Doom Alpha in my library or any way to download, this can't be an error for me since I purchased Wolfenstein at launch, put the doom beta key on the site and plat the damn game too, So idk how I'm not being able to download it.

Ditto, Really want to try this.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I havent gotten a code for this or the earlier alpha despite pre-ordering wolfenstein and enjoying the game as well...what a fockin joke..
: /

Reminder: the wolfenstein beta is completely separate from this. just because you got wolfenstein doesn't mean you get into the alpha, it means you get into the beta.

I got a notice for the alpha on my PS4, but just like everyone else it's not in my library and the download link didn't work.

I really shouldn't have to go sign up to get into something I should already be in. Jeez.

Zeshile

Hey guys, check your ps4's again, we just got another message from PlayStation with the code. I guess they forgot to attach the codes.

Electret

I had a hunch I'd be able to participate in this second alpha after getting in the first. Found the client in my library and downloaded.

Currently in a lobby searching for players. Not finding anyone, let alone a match. On PS4. Others having any luck?

Edit: LOL. Seconds after posting I find a match.

MiguelItUp

Sooooo does everyone else just suck at this or am I a freaking God among Men? Last few games I've played my KDR's been in the 2:1+ range; constantly on the top of the scoreboards.

This is how I feel. From XB1 to PC, it's still a thing, not sure why. Hahaha.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
So, is it okay to ask for a ps4 doom code here? Because I wouldn't mind trying it out :)

Spoo

lol, finally got into a game and went 19/1 (the 1 being me jumping into Lava). I think there are just some people who aren't used to this kind of game.

edit: to those having trouble getting into games -- it's a real thing, and it's their issue not ours.

Just played my first round, playing on Xbox One. It's really smooth. Definitely running at 60fps

Lovely squishy sound effects. Only disappointment so far is the announcer. I want something more gruff sounding.

The menu music between matches also kicks ass!

Top Bottom