• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next DOOM closed alpha test will be from Dec 3 to Dec 6. Invites going out.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
2.5 hours went pretty fast which is always a good sign. I'll definitely be playing more tomorrow.

D1AMONDDOGS

Neo Member
Anyone on PS4 from the new round of invites able to download it yet? Nothing showing up in my games library.

My invite just takes me to the store with no download link.

//ARCANUM

Woah. This is FUN. Feels like the good old days of Quake III Arena! Great movie and feels like an old school ID shooter. Loving it after 1 match.

liquidtmd

Banned
I would love a spare PS4 EU code if one is going from a lovely gaffer...

I spread the love in the Planetside Beta thread I swear!

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I feel like the TTK has been increased and movement speed reduced since Quakecon, cant be certain though. Still a lot of fun. Went 33-12 in my second game.

catmario

Thanks to notice from PS Store, I just realized my Playstation account (US account) has access for Doom closed alpha, but I can't download this right now.

What happened?

EDIT: https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/672621166553624576

fi02EwHl.jpg

Damn it :(

DooMAGE

Woah. This is FUN. Feels like the good old days of Quake III Arena! Great movie and feels like an old school ID shooter. Loving it after 1 match.

That's I AM afraid of
This game don't have the DOOM "soul" looks and plays more like a Quake game.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for PunishedSnake:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Doom Closed Alpha PS4 EU -- MB-D2400BA1432360DD - Taken by derExperte
ID sent me another PS4 code, please take it ONLY if you plan to actually use it to test the beta.

cormack12

Gold Member
Can you play this any time. UK time is 03:00 and there's no way I'm getting up for that. If I can't play during regular time then I might as well give the key away.

GeNoMe

recieved my code and played a few. Matchmaking takes way to long though. Other than that? It's oke, doesn't really feel like a Doom game yet.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
recieved my code and played a few. Matchmaking takes way to long though. Other than that? It's oke, doesn't really feel like a Doom game yet.

What platform are you on? Im on X1 and I feel they just didnt let a lot of people in.

Can you play this any time. UK time is 03:00 and there's no way I'm getting up for that. If I can't play during regular time then I might as well give the key away.

I know what you mean. I was up last night due to the VGAs so I gave it a go then but I'm paying the price this morning...

cormack12

Gold Member
I know what you mean. I was up last night due to the VGAs so I gave it a go then but I'm paying the price this morning...

Ha yeah, it's one of those where you think 3am isn't thaaaaaat bad. Then you try it. Next morning you've got one of those headaches behind your eye and you're wlaking round like a zombie.

Nullabe

So, i have my code on PS4, i just have to finish my day of work to play it.

For people who already test it, how it feels ?

GOOCHY

I was able to put a little bit of time into it last night before I went to bed. It's very nice looking and runs at 60 FPS it looks like. Feels a bit more like Quake to me than Doom but that's not a bad thing. Impressed at this early stage.

phant0m

Man, all this positive feedback has me hype. I really hope they fix PSN soon, got the invite but no download.

MMaRsu

Banned
Uhm.. so I cant find a game at all, been searching for 15minutes. Or does tbat break the nda me saying that lol. I just want to play

Top Bottom