• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next DOOM closed alpha test will be from Dec 3 to Dec 6. Invites going out.

Got a lot of codes, sadly i got banned and couldnt share some.

But yeah my impressions from the first test still stay. Awesome game. I hope they wont listen to some of the stuff ive read in the Alpha Forums... some people just want another 0815 shooter again...

someday

Banned
I only played 3 games but I had fun. I was on Xbox One, had no problems getting in games, and won each match. I don't know much about the game but it's on my radar now.

Ixion

I hope they wont listen to some of the stuff ive read in the Alpha Forums... some people just want another 0815 shooter again...

I never received a forum code, so I wish I could see what people are saying in there. I imagine there's a lot of hardcore arena shooter fans in there clamoring for DOOM to basically be more of a pure arena shooter (faster movement speed, rocket jumping, etc). And from what I'm hearing, that seems to be the case.

DOOM currently has a formula that's well-thought out and feels really good, so I doubt anything major will change. Even the movement speed probably can't be bumped up anymore without controller users losing accuracy.

Really enjoyed the game but ran into a couple of issues on Sunday night.

#1. Killed many many times with ONLY ONE SHOT by the Super Shotgun, even though my health was full (nearly always takes me at least 2 or sometimes 3, so is this to do with how accurate I am? In other words, are my opponents head shotting me and this does more damage?).

#2. Killed a good few times by melee even though guy was 5ft+ away and occasionally nearer 10ft away.

So I'm assuming the above are both to do with lag? Does this sound right?

If this is the case, then my intention for a Day 1 on this game has diminished somewhat (unless the single player game gets great recognition from Doom fans and is of decent length and hardness).

I hope they either sort of any lag issues or at least give UK/EU option to play in servers close to home (like BF4) cos the game wasn't much fun getting my ass kicked lol!

Here's hoping...

Ah, I'm an idiot. Realised I still hadn't heartd anything from the doom guys, checked my spam, and there it was, my doom alpha code haha. Redeemed it jsut in case they run another. Anyone have any idea if they'll be doing more, or if that's it until beta?

Ixion

There's going to be at least one more Alpha test before the Beta. The DOOM Twitter account mentioned that recently.

Top Bottom