• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K14 Season 11 Online League |OT| Featuring Next-Gen Dreamcast Servers

Smokey

2k14dunkreign1cs34.gif

150016b.jpg
150016b.jpg
150016b.jpg

After a 3 years of no NBA2K league on GAF, we rise from the grave. Welcome your new NBA2K overlord, the PS4. First time the league will be held on a PS platform, but the DS4 appears to not be shit so it just might work out.

Previous league threads

Season 10
Season 9
Season 8
Season 7
Season 6

2K14 trophy list mentions online leagues:

BYjllT4CEAIbVGM.jpg

I will go through later and start filling in teams. If you are a rookie and want the same team as a vet, you will need to play for them. We have 3 more spots open!

PLAYAS:

1. Me - Rockets
  2. Eznark - Bucks
  3. CB - Lakers
  4. Nightz - Clippers
  5. Bob - Cavs
  6. FMT - Bulls
  7. Ferny - Suns
  8. DM - Raptors
  9. Story - Hawks
  10. LukeSmith - Pacers
  11. DCX - NY Capable Players
  12. Ocelott - Pelicans
  13. rinse82 - twolves
  14. Ram - Thunder
  15. Sanjuro- Celtics
  16. Pheeniks - Heat
  17. CherryWoodFuton - blazers
  18. Zep - 76ers
  19. pistolepete2940 - Nets
  20. brentech - (?)
  21. mastershake pls - Mavs
  22. tbuc - Grizzlies
  23. Colasante - magic
  24. Splat - Bobcats
  25. Mcnei1y - Wizards
  26. ecnal - Nuggets
  27. Crow - (?)
  28. Got the Shakes - Pistons
  29. Petahhhhhhhhh - Warriors
  30. WhatRobEats -(?)

ROOKIES:

Eznark
LukeSmith
Rinse
Sanjuro
Storybrook
CherryWoodFuton
Pistoleepete2940
brentech
mastershake
tbuc
Colasante
Splat
McNei1y
Crow

So much fresh meat mmmmhmm.

WAIT LIST

kirby

SETTINGS

Difficulty: Superstar or Hall of Fame with slider adjustments
Quarter Length: 8 or 10 minutes
Teams: TBD
Playoff Teams: TBD
Season Length: TBD (Prior seasons it was 30)
Trading: ON

RULES

Points in Paint: In the past you were not allowed to score more than 50% of points from the paint. This may see some tweaking or removed depending on sliders etc.

Defense: Full court pressure is not allowed in the first 3 quarters unless you are down by 10 points or more. In the 4th quarter full court pressure is allowed at anytime.

Sportsmanship: Not going to baby sit, but use judgement. It is not necessary to continue launching 3's if you are winning the game by 20+ in the 4th quarter.

Trade Council : TBD!!

OTHER

If you feel someone is taking advantage of the game, I've got good news for you! PS4 features the ability to stream your games. If there is an issue you should be able to pull evidence. I don't anticipate this being a problem with these group of players though..

League Prize: Game of your choice (limit $65 after tax!). I don't anticipate having to do this but hey!

**This will require a decent amount of time. 30 game season plus playoffs (best of 7). If you don't think you can make it through remove yourself earlier rather than later**

For those who have not played 2k in a while, it will take time to get used to the game. It's very complex for a new player. With that being the case, I don't have a solid date on when to start the league. We'll roll with it and see how it goes.

I also anticipate not being able to properly play online against each other until mid week after launch at the earliest. It's the 2k way!

fffqyffm.gif

--

ibwdfhXHZjUNoh.gif

--

17178bcb060591f8035419e83a19a4ee.gif

--

3301a65d50b62c2ab3c1a32fdec9f36c.gif

--

### DISCLAIMER ###

If leagues are broken or don't work, disregard this entire thread!

Smokey

I'd be down.

I assume that teams would be picked later, but if not I'd be in for the Pistons.

Off top of my head I don't think a vet is a Pistons owner so you could use them

I'd like to shed my rookie status. I had to put up with a failed ps3 league myself!

Oh the famous viakado league. I'm sorry

I don't even know what teams are what. Gimme a good one no one likes.

Bobcats? They aren't great in RL, but they have a nice 2k team

Off top of my head I don't think a vet is a Pistons owner so you could use them

Oh the famous viakado league. I'm sorry

Bobcats? They aren't great in RL, but they have a nice 2k team

That's cool since they are my hometown team. If not I can pick someone else, but I don't know who is available.

Smokey

So far:

Me - Rockets
Eznark - Bucks
CB - Lakers
Nightz - Clippers
Bob
FMT
Ferny - Nets
DM
Story * - Hawks (?)
LukeSmith - Pacers
DCX - NY Capable Players
Dark Faze - Wizards
rinse82 - Raptors
Ram
Sanjuro* - Celtics
Pheeniks* - Heat
CherryWoodFuton
Zep - 76ers
pistolepete2940
brentech
mastershake pls -
tbuc
Colasante
Splat - Bobcats
Mcnei1y
ecnal
Crow
Got the Shakes - Pistons

So far:

Me - Rockets
Eznark - Bucks
CB - Lakers
Nightz - Clippers
Bob
FMT
Ferny - Nets
DM
Story * - Hawks (?)
LukeSmith - Pacers
DCX - NY Capable Players
Dark Faze - Wizards
rinse82 - Raptors
Ram
Sanjuro* - Celtics
Pheeniks* - Heat
CherryWoodFuton
Zep - 76ers
pistolepete2940
brentech
mastershake pls -
tbuc
Colasante
Splat
Mcnei1y
ecnal
Crow
Got the Shakes - Pistons

i said give me the warriors or bulls! or thunder! i suck dick at the game so my only hope to win some games is having a good team

I'm interested for sure, but I've never played an NBA game before in my life. Well, that will change on Friday.... but I'm sure I'll be awful at first.

Smokey

i said give me the warriors or bulls! or thunder! i suck dick at the game so my only hope to win some games is having a good team

pick one ho

Warriors, pelicans, clips, wiz

Down for whatever team really, but those are my top preferenceS

clips and wiz are gone. see what fmt does with his choice..

Can I be on a Waiting List?

Yep, I'll add you

I see you bruh

!

you only want those two? i mean you could play me for the rockets if you wanted but if you lose you might get dumpster pickings!

Ramirez

Uhh, why that flake zep getting the sixers uncontested?

I'll take the Thunder if I can't play him for the Sixers.

Ferny

I'm pretty excited for this league even if the actual online league may be bare bones, it should be fun with the mix of new people to 2k and older vets.

Smokey

I'm pretty excited for this league even if the actual online league may be bare bones, it should be fun with the mix of new people to 2k and older vets.

you are also overlooking the very real possibility of it not working at all. im just sayin

but they have a dedicated trophy for winning a league..so you wouldn't think that would be the case....

you only want those two? i mean you could play me for the rockets if you wanted but if you lose you might get dumpster pickings!

Honestly? Yeah, those are the only two teams I really want to play. You'd body me for sure and Ez did join the league and call the bucks first.

I'll take the mavs... I have a man crush on dirk anyway!

Smokey

Honestly? Yeah, those are the only two teams I really want to play. You'd body me for sure and Ez did join the league and call the bucks first.

I'll take the mavs... I have a man crush on dirk anyway!

mavs are a high tier 2k team with monta and dirk. especially if you can master or become good at post moves dirk is impossible to guard

Top Bottom