• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K14 Season 11 Online League |OT| Featuring Next-Gen Dreamcast Servers

McNei1y

2k leagues have always gone fast for me. I like it's pacing. I also like the sim rules you have. They were the same as my other leagues back in 2010. I'm looking forward to this league.

Someone take Varejo off my hands and give me a SG

Smokey

This is assuming they've gone back the old style and have gotten rid of that ridiculous auto advance from terrible online association.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Gonna take a spot over here on the bench Smokey.

Might be the best place for me. I only played a little NBA2k12. I'm certainly down to watch some streams of league games and maybe play some exhibition matches with some of you to earn a spot.

Amazon still can't find a copy for me so I might not get it until around the 19th or something. Or I guess I could pick it up if it's in stock at walmart tonight when I pick up the ps4

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You guys still arguing over teams? None of it will matter. You'll all bow down to SWAGGY P

Smokey

Gonna take a spot over here on the bench Smokey.

Might be the best place for me. I only played a little NBA2k12. I'm certainly down to watch some streams of league games and maybe play some exhibition matches with some of you to earn a spot.

Amazon still can't find a copy for me so I might not get it until around the 19th or something. Or I guess I could pick it up if it's in stock at walmart tonight when I pick up the ps4

I can groom you into the great player you are destined to be

Smokey

PSA: Use your own HDMI cables, not the POS Sony is providing! Might be causing the HDMI port to not work properly

Also: NBA Live looks like hot TRASH

Played the game offline a bit

We mightttt have a Madden 06 on our hands here...didn't spend much time with it but right off the bat I noticed no total control passing option in the menu. Nor did I see the dedicated screen control button from current gen versions...

There are some graphical inconsistencies that are pretty odd. Like okafors model literally hasn't been upgraded at all but then you see Lebron and you're like wtf.

There's animation jank that doesn't exist on current gen either. Best way I can explain it is there are some jumpers that look like they came straight out of live.

Im concerned that the analog has awful dead zone issues judging by Killzone..but need to test further.

Smokey

Played the game offline a bit

We mightttt have a Madden 06 on our hands here...didn't spend much time with it but right off the bat I noticed no total control passing option in the menu. Nor did I see the dedicated screen control button from current gen versions...

There are some graphical inconsistencies that are pretty odd. Like okafors model literally hasn't been upgraded at all but then you see Lebron and you're like wtf.

There's animation jank that doesn't exist on current gen either. Best way I can explain it is there are some jumpers that look like they came straight out of live.

Im concerned that the analog has awful dead zone issues judging by Killzone..but need to test further.

Welp

I'll see first hand in a hour or so. Madden 06 though? You realize how bad that was right?

Welp

I'll see first hand in a hour or so. Madden 06 though? You realize how bad that was right?

I wouldn't take too much from my comments given I've played only one exhibition match of 2k14 current gen and I only played one match of NBA 2k14 so far. The install time is of a length that I haven't seen on any platform ever. It's honestly unacceptable--but at least its a one time thing.

Most of it is me probably trying to get used to the control layout. I'm interested in your take as someone who's got extensive experience with 2k14.

I can say that I thought defense felt solid.

Smokey

I wouldn't take too much from my comments given I've played only one exhibition match of 2k14 current gen and I only played one match of NBA 2k14 so far. The install time is of a length that I haven't seen on any platform ever. It's honestly unacceptable--but at least its a one time thing.

Most of it is me probably trying to get used to the control layout. I'm interested in your take as someone who's got extensive experience with 2k14.

I can say that I thought defense felt solid.

The default control scheme I'd estimate takes a minimum of 5-7 games to get used to. Longer to do complex moves. I hated it at first but it grew on me. Defense is improved this year. IMO one of the better defensive efforts they've put out in awhile, you can do quite a bit. I just got my system so I'll be ready to go in a few.

McNei1y

My friend is buying a PS4 controller just to have so he can have two when he gets his PS4 later this year. This is good news because he and I will play what we like to call '2k drinking game' all night long. It's a win-win situation! I'll become familiar with the controls while I drink!

I've played plenty and I still hate the fucking controls

Can't wait for them to make us use L2 to shoot next year again

The default control scheme I'd estimate takes a minimum of 5-7 games to get used to. Longer to do complex moves. I hated it at first but it grew on me. Defense is improved this year. IMO one of the better defensive efforts they've put out in awhile, you can do quite a bit. I just got my system so I'll be ready to go in a few.

good luck

I was literally holding my breath during the update process. I think there's a lot of bricks out there.

I've played plenty and I still hate the fucking controls

Can't wait for them to make us use L2 to shoot next year again

I'm not bothering. There's nothing to be gained with their control swapping. They literally added nothing with the new scheme that couldn't be done better with 2k13 controls. In that game all you do is tab RB/R1 to bring up icons and then flick the right analog in whatever direction for the passing. Simple.

Zero reason to fucking destroy shooting/isomotion for the sake of a dedicated "cool pass" button when 80% of rosters can't pass.

I switched it back to 2k13 controls, but unfortunately the RB/right analog passing functionality is gone.

Smokey

good luck

I was literally holding my breath during the update process. I think there's a lot of bricks out there.

I'm doing it via USB and not rely on PSN, so hopefully that helps. I downloaded the update last night and it's installing on the PS4 now.

rinse82

I did the update through PSN at around 8:30 this morning, downloaded in 60 seconds and up and running a few minutes later.

Guess its hit or miss depending where you are.

getting the update isn't an issue, its the installation

once it goes to restart, some people can't get it back on again lol

I think the USB thing is irrelevant

Smokey

6rmv19c.jpg

;_;

Smokey

i only played a single offline game and one online game

The foot planting seems to have changed the feel of the game. 360/ps3 versions of the game they players felt lighter and so you could lunge for passes, blocks etc. Can't really do that here, or it's not as exaggerated. So it kind of feels janky or clunky because they have some decent amount of weight to them.

The shooting was about the same. DS4 feels good. I didn't have any problems outside of not knowing how to do certain things because I've always played on xbox. In terms of gameplay though the controller felt good.

Top Bottom