• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Microsoft E3 Conference

How many shirts will Phil Spencer wear?

Results are only viewable after voting.

rrc1594

Who else thinks their upcoming Gamescom conference has the potential to outdo their E3 one??

Crackdown gameplay reveal
Scalebound gameplay reveal
Quantum Break blowout

Updates on:
Halo 5
Tomb Raider
Gears 4
Forza 6
Fable Legends
Indies

Recore?
Sea of Thieves?

Press Play
Lift London
Twisted Pixel (thought these guys were suppose to be at E3 ...)
Decisive Games
Rare - Battletoads?

Killer Instince Season 3 (Lobb said they'd be at Gamescom)

With Crackdown it already has

Spencer is good to promise on twitter but then do not follow the actions.

Xbox customers want to feel like they have an experience that is unique to their console,I understand (Phil Spencer 11 May 2015)

E3 2015 GOWUE,KI and Rare new IP on pc.LOL

You mean Xbox fanboys who want to play list warz

Ales

Neo Member
You mean Xbox fanboys who want to play list warz

No,consumers want just that their purchase has a meaning.399 euro for a x1 whose exclusive now are almost all on pc.I hope QB, GOW4,Scalebound and Crackdown will remain exclusive otherwise I threw money in the toilet with the x1.

Ushay

I'll be shocked it we don't see something form Twisted Pixel

Sony should took that many to start a new Syphon Filter

Twisted Pixel (or is it Press Play?) is working on a AAA correct? That should be quite interesting I think, it's their first foray into that level of development. I'd imagine it will be a platformer of sorts.

rrc1594

No,consumers want just that their purchase has a meaning.399 euro for a x1 whose exclusive now are almost all on pc.I hope QB, GOW4,Scalebound and Crackdown will remain exclusive otherwise I threw money in the toilet with the x1.

Do you game on PC, if you decide you rather sell your X1 and play these game on your PC. Who cares if you buy the game your still giving money to MS. Your still giving them revenue to fund more games

Twisted Pixel (or is it Press Play?) is working on a AAA correct? That should be quite interesting I think, it's their first foray into that level of development. I'd imagine it will be a platformer of sorts.

Twisted Pixel is supposedly working on a AAA game. Whatever Press Play is working on it may be a 3-D platformer

m@cross

I think the best part about competition is that Xbox BC, preview program, new controller, ect help to now push Sony to try and implement the same if not better solutions. It's really a win for everyone in the market

Exactly. Good things for one help drive good things for the other.

oldergamer

A conference with good content but too much attention to the pc and few real exclusive.With this conference MS has convinced more people that the pair pc + ps4 is ideal if you want to play all while x1 with the continued loss of exclusivity is becoming useless.Don Mattrick has dug the grave of x1 while Spencer is putting the last nails on the bar.
There was hardly any attention to PC. I think Ms has more exclusive games coming this year, without fully showing the lineup for next year.

nynt9

I think it depends on the types of games you're interested in. Microsoft's conference was clearly aimed more at those who like western games, whereas Sony's had a lot of Japanese focus.

Personally I have no interest in any of the megatons Sony showed so to me they really weren't megatons for me. MS's conference appealed far more to me than Sony's.

While I agree to some extent, those three titles specifically (TLG, FF7, shenmue) are so significant to gaming culture and history that downplaying their impact, even if you're not really interested in the games, seems facetious to me. MS had a pretty decent conference whereas Sony had a historic gaming moment alongside a decent conference. Comparing the two based on simple interest in the games ignores a ton of context.

As for the games themselves, to me E3 is about new announcements, so MS kinda left me wanting. Recore and sea of thieves were the only major ones, and the cgi trailer for recore didn't really tell us anything, and sea of thieves, well, I'd like to see more but I have reservations given the genre.

Hololens and BC were cool, but BC seems to come with many asterisks, and hololens is still something that I'd like to see a final version of in a not-controlled environment before making a judgment.

As an owner of all systems, MS's conference didn't give me too many reasons to feel excited about gaming. At least not significantly more so than how I felt before the conference.

I am debating picking up an Xbox for Gears 1 Ultimate edition, maybe closer to release but I also want to wait and see if they have a special Gears 4 console because I will definitely go in for that. They did a special 360 for Gears 3 so odds are decent I think. I was a tad underwhelmed at the Gears 4 reveal though. Didn't really show off what I wanted and I need more multiplayer details. There were a lot of changes that Gears:J made that I want to see undone with Gears 4.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am debating picking up an Xbox for Gears 1 Ultimate edition, maybe closer to release but I also want to wait and see if they have a special Gears 4 console because I will definitely go in for that. They did a special 360 for Gears 3 so odds are decent I think. I was a tad underwhelmed at the Gears 4 reveal though. Didn't really show off what I wanted and I need more multiplayer details. There were a lot of changes that Gears:J made that I want to see undone with Gears 4.

Gears 4 console is 1.5 year away.

Conduit

Banned
Microsoft had a bunch of 2014 games in their conference last year. Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and TMCC. By comparison Sony barely gave attention to their 2015 games this year.

(I'm one of those who liked Sony's conference best this year. I'm just saying that it's a valid point to make against Sony's conference)

Your point isn't valid. LBP3, DC, Helldivers, Infamous : FF etc for 2014. ... If you think that MS gave attention @E3 to their 2015 titles, well, Halo 5 were announced 2 years ago @E3, Fable Legends were announced 2 years ago @Gamescom, Cuphead and so on ( read here : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168308222&postcount=12859 ).... MS will show Scalebound, QB for 2016 @Gamescom. Sony also has Paris Game Show and they probably will show Uncharted Collection, Tomorrow Children etc. fot this year. So much about that Sony don't give attention for 2015 titles.

Leflus

Your point isn't valid. LBP3, DC, Helldivers, Infamous : FF etc for 2014. ... If you think that MS gave attention @E3 to their 2015 titles, well, Halo 5 were announced 2 years ago @E3, Fable Legends were announced 2 years ago @Gamescom, Cuphead and so on ( read here : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168308222&postcount=12859 ).... MS will show Scalebound, QB for 2016 @Gamescom. Sony also has Paris Game Show and they probably will show Uncharted Collection, Tomorrow Children etc. fot this year. So much about that Sony don't give attention for 2015 titles.
A) I never said that Sony didn't show off 2014 titles in 2014. Read my post one more time. I was talking about showing 2015 games in their 2015 conference.

B) I didn't say that Microsoft's titles at E3 this year were announced this year either. I said that they focused on titles that are coming out this year.

C) We weren't talking about PGS or Gamescom. We were talking about E3.

Conduit

Banned
A) I never said that Sony didn't show off 2014 titles in 2014. Read my post one more time. I was talking about showing 2015 games in their 2015 conference.

B) I didn't say that Microsoft's titles at E3 this year were announced this year either. I said that they focused on titles that are coming out this year.

C) We weren't talking about PGS or Gamescom. We were talking about E3.

But nobody said a word why MS showed QB, Scalebound, Crackdown year or 2 ago @E3 even if they are titles for year '16./'17. Right? Right. Suddenly, now it is important for showing games for this year.
Well, we will bitching MS why they will show QB, Scalebound and Crackdown ( 2016/maybe 2017 ) titles @ Gamescom. :D

Leflus

But nobody say a word why MS showed QB, Scalebound, Crackdown year or 2 ago @E3. Right? Right. Suddenly, now it is important for showing games for this year.
A bunch of people did, actually.

It's not as if Microsoft didn't have any 2014 titles at E3 2014, though. They had Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon and TMCC (again, I urge you to go back and read the post you first responded to).

Well, we will bitching MS why they will show QB, Scalebound and Crackdown ( 2016/maybe 2017 ) titles @ Gamescom. :D
Depends on the other games that will be shown off, no?

Besides, they've already held a conference that has been focused on 2015 titles. They can be allowed to look into the future at their next conference.

rrc1594

But nobody said a word why MS showed QB, Scalebound, Crackdown year or 2 ago @E3 even if they are titles for year '16./'17. Right? Right. Suddenly, now it is important for showing games for this year.

What are you complaining about a lot of people didn't like that they showed CGI trailers for games 2-3 year away. Maybe you should stop acting so defensive of Sony, everybody has different complaints it varies from person to person.

shinnn

A conference with good content but too much attention to the pc and few real exclusive.With this conference MS has convinced more people that the pair pc + ps4 is ideal if you want to play all while x1 with the continued loss of exclusivity is becoming useless.Don Mattrick has dug the grave of x1 while Spencer is putting the last nails on the bar.

That's not what consoles sales are telling.

Do you think people will stop buying XB1 because they can play KI and Gears 1 remake on PC?

Imagine an PS4/PC user playing Gears for the first time, and next year seeing Gears of War 4 on XB1 (plus Gears 2, 3 and Jugment via BC).

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fanboyism is what unites people as well. So you and ape will form quite a team.

So, let me get this straight. We are excited for and think that Xbox E3 was great, in an Xbox E3 Conference OT thread, and we get called fanboys?
And yes, I do suppose that sharing a common interest helps friendships flourish, but you're saying that like it's a bad thing?

That's not what consoles sales are telling.

Do you think people will stop buying XB1 because they can play KI and Gears 1 remake on PC?

Imagine an PS4/PC user playing Gears for the first time, and next year seeing Gears of War 4 on XB1 (plus Gears 2, 3 and Jugment via BC).

Just look at their post history and you'll understand.

jem0208

While I agree to some extent, those three titles specifically (TLG, FF7, shenmue) are so significant to gaming culture and history that downplaying their impact, even if you're not really interested in the games, seems facetious to me. MS had a pretty decent conference whereas Sony had a historic gaming moment alongside a decent conference. Comparing the two based on simple interest in the games ignores a ton of context.

As for the games themselves, to me E3 is about new announcements, so MS kinda left me wanting. Recore and sea of thieves were the only major ones, and the cgi trailer for recore didn't really tell us anything, and sea of thieves, well, I'd like to see more but I have reservations given the genre.

Hololens and BC were cool, but BC seems to come with many asterisks, and hololens is still something that I'd like to see a final version of in a not-controlled environment before making a judgment.

As an owner of all systems, MS's conference didn't give me too many reasons to feel excited about gaming. At least not significantly more so than how I felt before the conference.

I'm not trying to downplay their significance, obviously a lot of people are very excited for them. Just for me, Microsoft's conference outdid Sony's because they focused a lot more on my interests. Which was pretty much always going to be true because I'm far more interested in MS's games than I am in Sony's.

I will say I thought Horizon looked fantastic, one of the only games that's making me envious of PS4 owners.

Conduit

Banned
A bunch of people did, actually.

Yes, they did - because they showed CGI trailers.
What are you complaining about a lot of people didn't like that they showed CGI trailers for games 2-3 year away. Maybe you should stop acting so defensive of Sony, everybody has different complaints it varies from person to person.

Yes, i know that. As i said to member above. So you calling me a sony's defender because i said something opposite. But what i supposed to say to member above what he is then because he has a different opinion? As you said - different complaints.

rrc1594

Yes, they did - because they showed CGI trailers.

Yes, i know that. As i said to member above. So you calling me a sony's defender because i said something opposite. But what i supposed to say to member above what he is then because he has a different opinion? As you said - different complaints.

When you say someone is bitching because they didn't like the approach Sony took. It makes it sound like that said person doesn't have a valid complaint. Which makes you look very defensive.

rokkerkory

Who else thinks their upcoming Gamescom conference has the potential to outdo their E3 one??

Crackdown gameplay reveal
Scalebound gameplay reveal
Quantum Break blowout

Updates on:
Halo 5
Tomb Raider
Gears 4
Forza 6
Fable Legends
Indies

Recore?
Sea of Thieves?

Press Play
Lift London
Twisted Pixel (thought these guys were suppose to be at E3 ...)
Decisive Games
Rare - Battletoads?

Killer Instince Season 3 (Lobb said they'd be at Gamescom)

Phil said there would be new IP announcements too. Can't wait to see what those are. :)

KI Season 3 is no brainer.
I hope they show more on Phantom Dust.

statham

@yosp , a Halo 5 fan. w/godfree
CH0gI_oUkAE4GSA.jpg

Top Bottom