• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumor: No Assassin's Creed in 2016, 2017 in Egypt, Witcher inspired [Update]

Nope, don't believe it. Also kind of don't want to... major step back going from female protagonist option in Syndicate back to male only. Both or female only pls Ubi. We have many many male assassins to appreciate already!

In like things of the rumours, and despise other things.

Egypt - good
Less historical accuracy - bad
Not an edgy protag - good
Because he doesnt talk much - bad
Colorful and luss enviroments - good
Theres probably not interesting buildings to climb apart from the pyramids, sphynx and some temples - bad

A trilogy that visits Greece and (non renaisance) Rome - good.

50% of interested here right now.

An AC collection makes sense for people that want to jump in before/after seeing the movie.

Hopefully we'll see Watchdogs and AC take turns with releases.

Lucreto

I hope it's wrong, it's a tradition to get the game for Christmas.

Anyway they could port Rogue to PS4 also didn't Ubisoft trademark Assassin's Creed Collection?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Less historical accuracy - bad

To be fair I think he means this more in the sense that we don't know as much to actually base it on.

Oh Ubisoft. Plug that leaky ship.

RG0BS1U.gif

Q8D3vil

Not a fan of assassin creed by i like playing one every 3 years (fan of their city design and parkour).

Syndicate is fun so far (didnt play any since black flag).

You know what screw this game. I want a Black flag spirtual successor set in the mediterranean sea, give me Greece, Sparta, and Troy. Maybe some Persia too. All of it.

xrnzaaas

Well even if it's true technically we will still have two Assassin's Creed Chronicles games in 2016. ;) And probably the Ezio collection as well.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
And it's also had a shit-ton of straight up false information too. I feel like a million of those fake Smash "leaks" came from 4chan.

Of course it has but it's pretty dumb to just dismiss it off hand too.

Of the major gaming sites, it definitely has the best format if you wanted to leak something and get away with it. Place also gets a ton of traffic.

danmaku

AC absolutely needs a break, but less historical accurancy and less climbing is terrible news, and I doubt they are able to make a competent RPG.

I think this all sounds great. So great it is not going to happen.

Edit: Or not holy shit if this is true. But I doubt they won't show anything at E3 this year.

Well even if it's true technically we will still have two Assassin's Creed Chronicles games in 2016. ;) And probably the Ezio collection as well.
As much as I want this, it's going to be a hell of a collection if they manage to put 3 open worlds in one disc. Even crazier if they go for 60fps for all.

To me, this sounds like Ubisoft likely has Watch_Dogs 2 releasing this holiday season instead of AC. I doubt they would just give up a slot for an open-world game for the holiday period, and we know Watch_Dogs 2 has likely been in production for awhile now. Personally, i'm kind of excited by the prospect of a Watch_Dogs 2.

MrChom

Not a fan of assassin creed by i like playing one every 3 years (fan of their city design and parkour).

Syndicate is fun so far (didnt play any since black flag).

Yeah, I've been having a lot of fun with Syndicate....it's been a weird series.

AC1 was clunky, awkward, and just a series of poorly explained missions.

AC2 removed some of the awkwardness and upped the story.

ACB took 2 and added some greater control of the city instead of just your home region. You could see Rome regenerate.

ACR was a step back. Smoother mechanics, lush design, rather bizarre base defence optional extra section, rather ragged plot.

AC3 another step back. Mechanics smoothed out even more but infinitely spawning enemies, a lacklustre main character, and a lack of scalable buildings robbed it of the feel of good rennaissance clambering.

ACL Promising mobile game, but so fragmented as to barely make sense. If anything I'd LOVE to see another Aveline game but I doubt it will happen.

AC4 was back to form, all the polish of 3, with some genuinely interesting places to climb and run over, and great naval combat.

ACRogue a step down from AC4 as its plot was fractured like ACL, and it had some awkward navigation issues but it was never a huge step down.

ACU like AC3 only moreso. THe combat was redesigned but this time redesigned poorly. The climbing was redone but lacked the fluidity of AC4. Poorly integrated app, a main story that tries to have impact by capitalising on a relationship it barely develops. Through and through a disappointing AC

ACS not yet finished this one but it's been a real joy next to ACU. The combat's still not as good as 4 (it feels very button mashy rather than considered), but the free running is a little more flowing, and the new Batman grapple gun is very entertaining.

Scipio

Wait, Ancient Egypt means even less historical accuracy?

Prepare to kill Ramses II in a quest line of Cleopatra.

Or worse, actual Egyptian Gods... Ugh

maybe i can finally catch up. haven't played any ac since black flag. any worth skipping if i'm only interested in the story?

m@cross

Well there is hope I guess. Witcher had the same map location insanity of AC games, but many locations had unique interesting areas and content... AC was just repetitive boring stuff over and over. Setting is a great idea as well.

VAD

Great News. I am once again excited for a new AC. Maybe I will have finished Unity by the time this one gets out.

Koutsoubas

Whenever it comes out, it sure needs to run properly on consoles and on PC.

Ubi pull your act together and polish again and again

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh by the way, online (COOP) is completely cut from the series for the time being. Not sure it will ever come back, to be honest.

Good. Multiplayer with bots coming back would be better than a dead co-op mode. I'm trying to get 4 players to do ONE co-op mission for Unity's Uplay point reward, but it's damn impossible with NAT issues and the game being two years old.

AC4 was the only good AC game imo.

Excuse me, Beefcake Ezio Trilogy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pirate Kenway beefcake.

Top Bottom