• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for PS4/XBOX ONE rated by Korean Game Rating Board

zkorejo

*gets flashbacks of collecting all the feathers and screams uncontrollably*

And upon collection of all 100, you get a cape that makes you notorious all the time.

Seriously though. I loved Assassins Creed 2. I would be interested in this if I hadn't replayed that game so many times to actually remember almost everything.

eso76

I always get excited for these remasters, but that's because i somehow imagine old classics remade with proper current gen production values, which obviously is not the point of these releases.

ps3ud0

Was just about to buy Rogue cheap on PSN, but Ill wait for the PS4 port then instead

EDIT: I presume its jumping the gun to think Ezio might return in next years AC?

ps3ud0 8)

I liked Ezio's games for the solid story arc. But Black Flag was GOAT gameplay.
Setting aside the ship parts it had by far the worst gameplay of all AC games. They took AC3's already mediocre gameplay and further removed combat options and did even more follow and/or eavesdrop missions. Heck they included a couple follow missions on the ship.
To be fair Black Flag is one of the worst AC games. But its a great pirate game.
I'm glad more people recognize this.

Monocle

To be fair Black Flag is one of the worst AC games. But its a great pirate game.
I strongly disagree. The towns could have been a lot better, but Black Flag is right up there with Brotherhood for me. Superb game.

Could've done without the eavesdrop missions, but still. I liked Black Flag so much that I wish it would splinter off into its own side series.

I suppose I should play Rogue at some point.

This collection would be worth it for the music alone, some absolutely cracking compositions in there. I generally enjoy the AC games but there is definitely something missing from the newer scores.

Monocle

This collection would be worth it for the music alone, some absolutely cracking compositions in there. I generally enjoy the AC games but there is definitely something missing from the newer scores.
Yep, no doubt. I mean, besides AC3's Homestead being one of my favorite game tracks of all time. And I haven't even played AC3.

Theorry

Setting aside the ship parts it had by far the worst gameplay of all AC games. They took AC3's already mediocre gameplay and further removed combat options and did even more follow and/or eavesdrop missions. Heck they included a couple follow missions on the ship.

I'm glad more people recognize this.

Jup, Had a really hard time with the game. Until i accepted it was more a pirate game then a AC game. After that i really enjoyed it.

Yep, no doubt. I mean, besides AC3's Homestead being one of my favorite game tracks of all time. And I haven't even played AC3.

Yea, in my mind Kyd really cemented himself as the guy for me with these games, but I think Lorne Balfe really ran with the groundwork and did some great work. obviously 4 really goes in its own direction, it's more unity and syndicate respectively (and with respect), it just wasn't there for me. Which is funny because I love Austin Wintory in general and there's a few good ones there for Syndicate and Unity but overall those soundtracks just didn't leave the same impressions on me as stuff like the beginning of ac2, racing across the rooftops and scaling that tower. There were missions I replayed I'm those games purely because the music really invoked something. The background music in general too, really great.

xrnzaaas

Good pick. Ezio was the best playable assassin in the series and at this point no one cares about the present day storyline anyway. ;p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How many games does that cover? I was hoping for the original and part 3 to be ported over.

The better entries in the series starring Ezio: 2, 2: Brotherhood, 2: Revelations.

Mingledorff

Neo Member
I'd like to tell myself I'd love to go back and play these games again. But I really don't know. It probably would all come down to if they put any actual work in remastering them or if they just release higher res versions.

KeepersDome

I would love the games to have the option of the combat being more like the recent AC games. The combat controls were a little clunky looking back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do the PC entries of these early AC games hold up compared to last gen?

Brotherhood and Revelations are fine, although the Flying Machine 2.0 mission in the former is impossible to complete when running the game above 60fps as the glider fails to respond to input. 2, while it performs well, has an utterly broken LOD system and does not properly support wireless controllers (fortunately, there is this fix).

Newlove

Would buy if using the Unity engine and had major visual improvements. Going over 3 of these huge games again though...just the thought of doing all those quests again is a little overwhelming.

bunkitz

dm88M34.gif
If they could get rid of the tower defense shit in Revelations, though, that would be swell.

BTHR Zero X

Hmm as long as they get rid of MP from the collection. I still haven't get the plat in Brotherhood because of its bad net code xD

Meia

This is when the series hit it's highest points, and was still about, you know, assassinating people. Tempted to buy even though I own each game twice over already.

I feel like this should be the Desmond Collection. Then follow that up with an AC Rogue remaster and now every major AC game is on modern platforms.

Monocle

Yea, in my mind Kyd really cemented himself as the guy for me with these games, but I think Lorne Balfe really ran with the groundwork and did some great work. obviously 4 really goes in its own direction, it's more unity and syndicate respectively (and with respect), it just wasn't there for me. Which is funny because I love Austin Wintory in general and there's a few good ones there for Syndicate and Unity but overall those soundtracks just didn't leave the same impressions on me as stuff like the beginning of ac2, racing across the rooftops and scaling that tower. There were missions I replayed I'm those games purely because the music really invoked something. The background music in general too, really great.
Music makes such a difference, especially in games with any kind of exploration element. From AC2 to Halo to Darksiders 2, a great score is the difference between merely good and truly memorable.

Kyd does great work. (And now I'm realizing two of my examples were scored by him!)

So what, we'll get a second one that includes I, III, and Rogue? What about Liberation?
If we get a second one, I'd expect it to be an "Americas Collection" with III, Rogue, LIberation, and maybe IV (which I know already was out on current gen, but you need it for the story), with the original left to rot by the wayside.

I really hope that in the process they lose those two terrible "without failing" Revelations DLC trophies. I got both of them on 360, but still only have one of the two on PS3, and it's the only one I'm missing from the game.

dreamfall

If they included multiplayer, I'd die happy. One of my favorite multiplayer experiences last gen, Wanted felt like hide and seek with knives. Depending on how well they touched up the games, I could see myself spending money on a triple games package.

Lucreto

I wonder if there will be a dozen collector editions with it.

I hope they changed the controls slightly for the gun. I got used to the newer games.

ZeroX03

Banned
I mean yeah I could probably do ACII again? It's not too long or intimidating, although it'll probably feel super dated after how good IV and Syndicate were.

Wouldn't touch Brotherhood or Revelations again. The only thing I truly want is Rogue, or a Kenway collection. IV already runs fantastically on consoles but Neo/Scorpio enhancements couldn't hurt.

Morts

I'd be down to play Brotherhood again with better performance.

I'm surprised Rogue never happened on current consoles. I broke down and played it on PS3.

Hope they release them separately. I liked all the Ezio games, but I imagine if you play them one after the other it would get old extremely quickly. The gameplay nor the story supports marathoning these or even really replaying them.
I have a soft spot for Brotherhood though. I hope they sell it by itself.

Hard pass. AC2 is nowhere near as good as you remember, Brotherhood is the second best game in the series, and Revelations was only good the last couple hours.

Top Bottom