• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for PS4/XBOX ONE rated by Korean Game Rating Board

To be fair Black Flag is one of the worst AC games. But its a great pirate game.

Real talk. It baffles me how people conveniently overlook the god awful mission design and story in that game just because of the pirates theme. They made stealth pirate ship missions a thing FFS.

I have no interest in new Assassin's Creed but I'd get this. Probably not on day one but somewhere down the line. It'd be great to revisit the two best games in the series.

Raimond

They should just pull a Kingdom Hearts and release an Assassin's Creed 2.8/2.9 type package. Meaning everything you can't get on current systems on one (or two... Or three) discs.

Hypes people up and preps everyone for the next one.

I think I've had enough of Assassin's Creed for the year, and don't need to return to Ezio's story. I still need to beat the one that came after Brotherhood, anyways.

That, plus the awful Chronicles games, India and Russia. Blech.

Lucreto

what? are you crazy? Brotherhood's multiplayer was the best part!

I love the series but absolutely hated the multiplayer. I would have gotten the Platinum in all the games if it wasn't for multiplayer.

One of Gameblog's sources has said to the Editor in Chief that the Collection is real and that it will be released next October: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/61467-assassin-s-creed-ezio-collection-sur-ps4-et-xbox-one-nous-vo

If true October will destroy my wallet even more than it already it.

Akai__

I love the series but absolutely hated the multiplayer. I would have gotten the Platinum in all the games if it wasn't for multiplayer.

Feels like you are only hating the achievements/trophies then,
which I also did
. This was the 1st AC game with MP and it was pretty good actually. Loved it.

Hope we don't get the NA cover :

Assassins-Creed-Ezio-Trilogy-PS3-SDL086867719-1-4559c.jpg

But more like the JP one :

239639_front.jpg

Yoshi88

I don't get this. Why not the "HEritage Collection"? Ezio's story is so deeply entwined with Desmond's story, for me it only makes sense to put together I-III (including the II-trilogy).

ZeroX03

Banned
best AC games in the series are the Ezio trilogy
but f^*k 'remasters' in general

Remasters don't hurt anyone.

I don't get this. Why not the "HEritage Collection"? Ezio's story is so deeply entwined with Desmond's story, for me it only makes sense to put together I-III (including the II-trilogy).

Most players and seemingly Ubisoft stopped caring about Desmond and the present day story many games ago.

Besides as much as I like ACIII for the story and world, I don't see many people clamoring to play ACI or III again.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That's a good choice, as a whole the Ezio games are the best part of the Assassins Creed series, continuing the story and character across three games from birth to essentially the end. It's a magic they a haven't managed to duplicate, 3 was meh, 4 felt more like a pirate game than an AC game, and Unity and Syndicate were nice but felt like they were just catering to people who wanted to play in Paris and London without putting the effort of a continuing story in there. I think Unity and Syndicate should have been the same protagonist, story wise they could have probably come up with something better to link the two.

Music wise they have felt a bit meh after AC3, I wasn't a fan of the actual game but the music was pretty great. Ezio's Family always felt like it would be a great theme for the whole series in some way, it was nice to here it incorporated into Rogues soundtrack too.

Ummm... I'm shook! Hopefully this is a remaster and not just a port of the original games because I would love to get the rest of the trophys I need for these games

Regginator

Eh.

I wish we could move the fuck on from Ezio already.

It's their most popular and best written character of their most known series, that's like blaming Nintendo for marketing Mario too much.

AC doesn't really have an abundance of good characters, so trying to make Ezio last as long as possible is understandable.

usp84

If they do a good job then i am in

To be fair Black Flag is one of the worst AC games. But its a great pirate game.

You are right, i just finished it today for the first time and most of the main missions that involved doing assassins things were bad.So many tailing missions

I loved the pirate stuff though so overall i really liked the game plus the ending was sweet.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's their most popular and best written character of their most known series, that's like blaming Nintendo for marketing Mario too much.

AC doesn't really have an abundance of good characters, so trying to make Ezio last as long as possible is understandable.

I get that, but man, there are far more interesting characters whether people like them or not (Connor, Adewale, Shay, Altair, Evie, etc).

I'd also really like to see them move beyond the lovable rogue. Edward and Jacob, especially.

Also, I'll never understand the love for ACIV, the naval stuff gets old fast, and the cities suck. The complete opposite of what makes an AC game appealing. At least we got Freedom Cry out of it.

rhandino

Banned
If they re-release III I would not be mad if they put a lot of the improvement from III and IV in it.

And beyond that idk, III was a great game that just lacked a lot of polish in different places but a lot of the core game is still very great with the DLC being one of the best parts in the franchise (Eagle powers how I miss you T_T)

Aces&Eights

Like most, AC2 was the pinnacle of the series for me. From there, each installment I played my interest waned. Brotherhood, was still pretty decent but I didn't even get through half of Revelations due to den defence and reeeeally had to slog though 3 to see it to the end. BF was a great pirate game but the actual AC gameplay was a huge bore. Unity gave me so many problems performance wise that after the first couple patches I just uninstalled it. NEver even picked up the latest one (the London one)

The one game that piques my interest is Rouge. I heard great things about it but had moved on to current gen consoles so never got a chance to play it.

So, in summary, I would welcome an AC2 remastered at 1080p/60 but nothing less. Rouge would be great since I heard it was a great game and I have literally never seen more than a couple screenshots and whatnot.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
*shrugs*

Really hoping that Ubisoft would have re-mastered AC Rogue for PS4/Xbox One. I have no interest in AC II, Revelations and Brotherhood.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Like most, AC2 was the pinnacle of the series for me. From there, each installment I played my interest waned. Brotherhood, was still pretty decent but I didn't even get through half of Revelations due to den defence and reeeeally had to slog though 3 to see it to the end. BF was a great pirate game but the actual AC gameplay was a huge bore. Unity gave me so many problems performance wise that after the first couple patches I just uninstalled it. NEver even picked up the latest one (the London one)

The one game that piques my interest is Rouge. I heard great things about it but had moved on to current gen consoles so never got a chance to play it.

So, in summary, I would welcome an AC2 remastered at 1080p/60 but nothing less. Rouge would be great since I heard it was a great game and I have literally never seen more than a couple screenshots and whatnot.

ROGUE is a decent game, but its clearly a game thrown together using Black Flags assets and engine. It very much has a cheap look and feel to it. The map locations are very bland.

Still, it was a fun game that I am glad I got to play and experience.

It also has one of the best stories in the entire AC franchise.

Kas

If it has Brotherhoods MP, I'll get it day one.

Otherwise...I'll still probably get it day one. I loved Brotherhood the most out of any AC game, maybe aside from 4.

Bolivar687

Banned
I played Brotherhood on PC last year, there's so much they need to update to make it feel at all modern, so many low res textures, especially the skyboxes. I adored AC2 back in the day but couldn't finish ACB, the formula just hasn't aged well, especially in the age of dynamic open world sandbox action games we have today.

oni-link

If they could get rid of the tower defense shit in Revelations, though, that would be swell.

Seriously man, It's a 5 minute segment and then you never have to do it again if you're even slightly competent at the game

It's annoying but it's not the game breaking annoyance people make it out to be

NewDust

This isn't for me (yet). Yes, I want to experience II and Brotherhood again, but still have to finish/start some main entries. Also the idea of playing these back to back seems daunting, so if I can wait for one I can wait for all of them and get this collection at a cheaper price.

Iksenpets

Banned
Just the Ezio games? I mean, I guess it's too much to expect all 6 last-gen games in one collection...

So what, we'll get a second one that includes I, III, and Rogue? What about Liberation?

No one would buy the I, III, and Rogue collection though. The Ezio games are the only ones that a significant group is interested in rebuying. I hear good things about Rogue, but hardly anyone played that and I doubt that alone will convince people to pick up the pack.

All the North American games in one package would be fantastic (ACIII, Liberation, ACIV+Freedom Cry, Rogue).

Fantastic and all but...
If we wanted a remaster of ACI, where do they pack it? There's no other Crusade AC, and the only other game where Altaïr appears is on Revelation, which comes included with the Ezio games. I'm afraid the only way to get a remaster ACI is digitally? :/

Top Bottom