• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins - Framerate test (PS4Pro)

c0de

Dredd97

i was sitting on the fence on this one, whether to get it as a launch title for my xb1x but having seen the videos, i'm edging towards it
(for clarity I've enjoyed the whole assassin's creed series)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I had no idea gamersyde has a youtube channel.
It basically only exists to protect us from people who steal our videos and put them on their channel, that's why we don't really talk about it. I still think Youtube is a good platform with terrible video quality...
I understand media income depends on clicks and the pro is generating more clicks than amateur PS4 but really, most people don't play on the upgraded consoles.
None of us own a regular PS4 anymore, otherwise we would have done videos of that version too.

c0de

None of us own a regular PS4 anymore, otherwise we would have done videos of that version too.

But this is really not really worth for people that don't have a Pro which is, as I already said, is the *vast* majority. I still like your videos, of course, but this doesn't really help, in my opinion.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
But this is really not really worth for people that don't have a Pro which is, as I already said, is the *vast* majority. I still like your videos, of course, but this doesn't really help, in my opinion.

I understand what you are saying, believe me, but outside of the one PS4 Pro Sony sent us we all bought our PS4 Pro (and any other console) with our own money since the site can't afford to pay for them, so like any regular Joe we did not keep our regular PS4s.

c0de

I understand what you are saying, believe me, but outside of the one PS4 Pro Sony sent us we all bought our PS4 Pro (and any other console) with our own money since the site can't afford to pay for them, so like any regular Joe we did not keep our regular PS4s.

Understood :) And nice that Sony sends Pros to media - perhaps you can ask them to send you a standard PS4, too ;)

Iceternal

With a 1070 honestly I wouldn't expect to play many high end PC at 1440p at locked 60fps from now on. You'll most likely have to start knocking settings down.

Indeed, even at 1080P it's getting difficult... I get drops to 45 fps on 1080P on Shadow of War.

leng jai

Indeed, even at 1080P it's getting difficult... I get drops to 45 fps on 1080P on Shadow of War.

That's why I disagreed with people recommending a 1060 as a 1080/60fps card a few months ago. It was always a 1070 if you wanted any sort of headway or future proofing.

Md Ray

Ok I asked it because unless I'm gravely mistaken I thought I read that Ubi said that except for One X sticking to Native 4K more than Pro there wouldn't be any other differences. Or maybe I am thinking about Destiny 2 now.

XB1X uses cb rendering to do 4K. Not native.

Ok I asked it because unless I'm gravely mistaken I thought I read that Ubi said that except for One X sticking to Native 4K more than Pro there wouldn't be any other differences. Or maybe I am thinking about Destiny 2 now.

XB1X uses cb rendering to do 4K. Not native.

As MD Ray says, they are using CB rendering so there should be more than enough memory available to use the 4K texture assets.

Md Ray

I heard it's native 4k but when performance is about to take a hit it drops resolution but uses cb to keep it 4k

That doesn't sound true at all. It's most definitely using cb at all times and uses dynamic scaler to adjust the resolution on the fly under load. Where did you hear that from, any source?

CRIMSON-XIII

Neo Member
Do we know if the 1.3 GB day 1 update that is supposed to add some fine tuning is included within these videos?

Is that an update that would be unlocked before thursday or friday?

In any case, i would not be surprised if all console versions receive updates post launch to improve the game performance.

Space_nut

“Dynamic 4K” according to Ubisoft. So, not native. I’m not sure if the actual resolution or method similar to or using CB.

Being dynamic is still Native just the res changes. If it's 4k dynamic with cb when going below, it's native 4k and when res drops it'll be cb to 4k

So if 90% it's 4k it'll be native. Whenever it drops it uses cb which isn't native for the 10%

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Being dynamic is still Native just the res changes. If it's 4k dynamic with cb when going below, it's native 4k and when res drops it'll be cb to 4k

So if 90% it's 4k it'll be native. Whenever it drops it uses cb which isn't native for the 10%

Ah. I think I read that it can render in “Full 4K” in that article I’d read, so, sounds like what you’re saying.

Commander Keen

Neo Member
i was sitting on the fence on this one, whether to get it as a launch title for my xb1x but having seen the videos, i'm edging towards it
(for clarity I've enjoyed the whole assassin's creed series)
Been playing all my 3rd party games on PS4Pro/PS4 up till now. Just like 360 era, the X is going to be my new multi platform system of choice and play exclusives on my Pro. I guess it’s not shocking but can’t believe how good textures are looking on the X. Extra 4gbs of RAM doing some work! Getting AC:Origins Friday but going to resist playing it until I get my Scorpio.

Top Bottom