• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins - Framerate test (PS4Pro)

shimon

I think it's safe to say that this is my favorite AC game since Black Flag, the only previous AC game aside from Black Flag I enjoyed as much as I'm enjoying Origins currently was AC2, so take from that what you will.

Does that mean the game has way too many tailing missions/eavesdropping sections?

Peroroncino

Great news then. I don't mind them from time to time but it was just too much for me in Black Flag.

Black Flag is among my favorite AC games simply because it greatly changed the way you play AC, naval warfare, treasure hunting, diving etc. was a joy for me and a great change of pace.

black070

I think it's safe to say that this is my favorite AC game since Black Flag, the only previous AC game aside from Black Flag I enjoyed as much as I'm enjoying Origins currently was AC2, so take from that what you will.

You sound like me, meaning I will love this game. :)

Tycho_b

Black Flag is among my favorite AC games simply because it greatly changed the way you play AC, naval warfare, treasure hunting, diving etc. was a joy for me and a great change of pace.

I got the game yesterday, and feel the same about gameplay. Feels fresh after Unity for me.
Also, the only game I ever platinumed was Horizon with 80+ hours of entertainment and I like AC:O for the same reason I played so much Horizon so far.

From the technical standpoint, I will be comparing to Horizon - pretty impressive IQ (1080p TV here) , during gameplay keeps very steady 30 fps with very minor stutter in bigger fights. Very slight LOD popup but You need to really look for it. Sequences with eagle smooth as well with no drops. Performance very solid then, but lighting took a hit compared to Unity, and is slightly less impressive than Horizon. Same about rock textures etc. Its simply not the same level of polish. Character models are a weak point- Ubisoft level of previous AC, pretty atrocious to me.

Cinematic cutscenes though, are weak point, nearly Unity level weak. No match to Horizon for sure with low framerates which shows on videos posted here. I wish they refrained from using them, because scenes of interactions running from engine (with the HUD etc. ) are smooth (and interactive, You can rotate camera when cutscenes are played).

So for Pro, in 1080p very very solid performance which should not refrain You from buing the game. No concerns here, but when You will see all the incentives to buy DLCs, extensions etc - it's in your face really, they beg You to spend more money playing........

Top Bottom