• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins gameplay previews

Theorry

That is really cool, i only watched first 30 sec and closed, i don;t want to spoil it :D

Doesnt really spoil much. He is just searching abit for a scroll with a hint and after he finds the scroll it has a cryptic message to figure out the location of the weapon. :)

Centerstrain01 is a great person to watch play these games because he's been playing the series forever, won't pull punches on things he doesn't like and most importantly he's really good at games and stealth mechanics. If you're on the fence, he should be your first point of reference to get a sense of the game from.

dex3108

Doesnt really spoil much. He is just searching abit for a scroll with a hint and after he finds the scroll it has a cryptic message to figure out the location of the weapon. :)

Still it is a spoiler. That is something that you couldn't even imagine in other AC games. :D

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yea may wanna throw that torch because Snakes can hide really well in the dark and take off half your health....
EbBqVmz.gif

b0uncyfr0

I see character models are still popping in out of nowhere - and they're also changing clothing just like in Unity. Ubisoft's been working hard on the game for 4 years huh -- OK.

Crossing Eden

I see character models are still popping in out of nowhere - and they're also changing clothing just like in Unity. Ubisoft's been working hard on the game for 4 years huh -- OK.
LOD pop in, (something that exists in every console open world game since you can't brute force it like you can on PC...), is proof that they haven't been working on this for four years?

b0uncyfr0

LOD pop in

Characters and terrain i can understand, but clothing on the characters totally changing can not be considered LOD. Exact same thing happening in Unity when moving through a crowd and they shipped the game like that - never got fixed either.

As someone who enjoys the AC series, seeing the same thing in a new game 3 yeas later doesnt paint a good picture of the game. It is extremely immersion breaking for me and i cant help but notice these little details.

So yes, i think they're a bit incompetent in that regard - they've had afew years to sort out this issue (Whether they're pushing the engine too hard or whatever - doesnt really matter) - its still there.

AC games have never had difficulty settings. I don't see why they would start now.

Hmm.. That's a bummer.

I didn't watch most of the previews put there, but I don't remember if I've ever seen Bayek dying.

What I would like to see is some punishment, like higher enemy damage, instead of higher health pools.

Hmm.. That's a bummer.

I didn't watch most of the previews put there, but I don't remember if I've ever seen Bayek dying.

What I would like to see is some punishment, like higher enemy damage, instead of higher health pools.

I saw one where the guy was on a boat that got knocked down by a crock. When he started attacking 3 more crocs joined in a mauled the bayek in seconds

Hmm.. That's a bummer.

Saw multiple videos of people dying ALOT. Game looks to be real hard.

Never was a need to before, but with the new combat system, difficulty settings might fit

Agreed.

I saw one where the guy was on a boat that got knocked down by a crock. When he started attacking 3 more crocs joined in a mauled the bayek in seconds

Saw multiple videos of people dying ALOT. Game looks to be real hard.

Well, that's reassuring. But I'm still hoping for difficulty levels.

I just watched some video from TheRadBrad, it was just a video he received from Ubi from GC. The one thing I immediately noticed and don't like is how things seem to appear out of nowhere. It happens when Baek is on that little boat and is sailing towards land. You just see things in the environment popping up. Too bad we're still gonna see that. Unless they fix it.

shanafan

If I buy AC: Origins on Steam, does the game still access the uPlay service? I like using my uPlay points to buy items in the game.

Crossing Eden

Oh shit!!! I love that. The details definitely seem to be here.
Speaking of details. The enemy AI is definitely improved, they take cover in response to projectiles instead of auto detecting where it came from and going directly to the player's position.
BpbmgOE.gif

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It's going to a very long time between now and when I play this game. Even longer since I'll wait to play it on the X.

Speaking of details. The enemy AI is definitely improved, they take cover in response to projectiles instead of auto detecting where it came from and going directly to the player's position.
BpbmgOE.gif

I've got to say, you've sold me 100% on this game with these gifs. AC was one of my favorite franchises, so it's great to see these changes before I go back in. Digging the wildlife as well, I was watching one vid with the eagle flying around and below, you see a hippo and a croc going at it. Just feels like a living, breathing world.

It's going to a very long time between now and when I play this game. Even longer since I'll wait to play it on the X.

I definitely share your pain. This game actually helped push me toward selling my Pro and going with the X. I just wanted this in the highest quality possible on my 4K (without going PC). Not going to play this until I get my one X though. Will probably schedule off a couple of days too.

Crossing Eden

I've got to say, you've sold me 100% on this game with these gifs. AC was one of my favorite franchises, so it's great to see these changes before I go back in. Digging the wildlife as well, I was watching one vid with the eagle flying around and below, you see a hippo and a croc going at it. Just feels like a living, breathing world.
Honestly it's been hella fun finding all these little details and pointing them out. So many new details.

shanafan

Question on the story.. has there been anything known if there are any present day elements in Origins? I am almost done with Unity, and plan to play Syndicate eventually (as I am playing them in chronological order). But, if there aren't any present day elements in Origins, I may just skip Syndicate for this.

emag

Question on the story.. has there been anything known if there are any present day elements in Origins? I am almost done with Unity, and plan to play Syndicate eventually (as I am playing them in chronological order). But, if there aren't any present day elements in Origins, I may just skip Syndicate for this.

Ubi reps have stated that there are present day elements, but are not disclosing any further details.

Regardless, I wouldn't play Syndicate for the present day story; just watch the post-game/post-ending scene on YouTube.

Frostman

Really hope the PC port is decent

Watch Dogs 2 was quite terrible in that regard.

Yep, so do I.

Every time I say this someone chimes in with comments that have been made by UBI employees, such as them putting a lot of 'love' into the PC version etc. I'll never believe those comments.

3rd person modern day is in for sure. Few weeks back at gamescom, someone took a video of an art book on display and noticed there was a page about an abstergo guard in proper full high-tech gear. So it's safe to assume it's in :) I personally don't believe it's an abstergo/templar guard considering in the uprising comics, the assassins and templars have made a temporary truce with eachother to take down Juno and her instruments so I'm going with the instruments on this one :)

Tosyn_88

Enough to climb still.

FabulousGenuineAbalone.gif

Hello Ubisoft, I know some of the developers are in this thread. You have an amazing game which I'm eager to play but you need to know this. Climbing isn't impactful and by that I mean, there's no feedback, consequences or threat to climbing. There's no stamina bar or anything to give you urgency and reward for scaling the Pyramid!!!!

There's no way in any world where anybody decides to climb the tallest structure in the world without consequence.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Hello Ubisoft, I know some of the developers are in this thread. You have an amazing game which I'm eager to play but you need to know this. Climbing isn't impactful and by that I mean, there's no feedback, consequences or threat to climbing. There's no stamina bar or anything to give you urgency and reward for scaling the Pyramid!!!!

There's no way in any world where anybody decides to climb the tallest structure in the world without consequence.
2183922-witcher2_assassin.png

They without doubt had this discussion years ago and tested out different variations of the idea.

Maybe it just wasn't fun falling down all the time, hindered flow when playing and so on.

If it's not there, I assume there's a good reason for it.

TripleBee

Haven't touched the series since Black Flag (which was excellent) - but none of the followup entries interested me until this one. Egypt + Loot = hype.

Lister

Banned
I have decent rig (1070/i5-6700k) and it runs like trash

Which is a shame because the actual game is great

Something's wrong with your rig then, or the isntall is borked. I was runnign a 1070 when ti came out and at 3440x1440p ultra wide, 60 FPS (most of the time) medium-high settings.

Top Bottom